logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Annaport  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2017 6:22:46 PM(UTC)

Hi all

I have had endovenous laser ablation on my legs with great success. Now suddenly, between losing that nice fatty subQ of my forearms and hands and the years of strenuous exercise I have done, I have super-vascular hands/forearms.

Help?

I am calling my leg treatment center tomorrow but it looks like from fast research that not many docs are willing to do laser or sclero on hands.

I don't necessarily want to throw a bunch of filler in there and I do remember BugJune ultimately not loving the result of her fat injections with Dr. Marten.

Anybody have some good insight?
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Greg  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2017 4:05:10 AM(UTC)

Man
United Kingdom
Seems like the majority of docs will say that they can't treat hand veins via laser, yet there are a small minority of docs doing it. Here's a study on one laser method used; you could contact its research author for a referral if it looked like an option for you:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18090768
Offline Annaport  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2017 12:17:06 PM(UTC)

Thank you! Trying to find someone who will do it! I've found the same thing you've found!
Offline lamb  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2017 12:55:16 PM(UTC)

I remember bug June being happy with the fat on her hands. She did it twice.
Offline Quno  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2017 1:08:49 PM(UTC)

Got a quote for 7k GBP for EVLA to hand veins. Thought that was ridiculous, so I'm looking into sclerotherapy as that seems to work well. Docs who say "not poss" really mean "can't do it myself".
Offline Robin  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2017 7:09:47 PM(UTC)

when I google "hand vein removal" I see at least two large NYC clinics and one in arizona that do this. I had researched this in the past and i believe that the hands are trickier than the legs because the legs have more redundant veins than the hands, so removing the superficial veins of the legs is less risky than for the hands in terms of causing complications. It clearly can be done with the right expertise to avoid these complications....

Offline Annaport  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2017 7:57:35 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: lamb Go to Quoted Post
I remember bug June being happy with the fat on her hands. She did it twice.

Yeah I'm not so sure about that. I wish she were still here. We used to correspond quite a bit and my recollection was that for the pain and the effort, she thought it might not be so much worth it.

Edited by user Thursday, September 7, 2017 9:28:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Annaport  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2017 8:00:06 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Quno Go to Quoted Post
Got a quote for 7k GBP for EVLA to hand veins. Thought that was ridiculous, so I'm looking into sclerotherapy as that seems to work well. Docs who say "not poss" really mean "can't do it myself".

Yes that's what I think too. Where did you get your quote?
Offline Quno  
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 7, 2017 10:00:08 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Annaport Go to Quoted Post
Yes that's what I think too. Where did you get your quote?

Got it from the Private Clinic in London. Have a friend who used to work there and she said their treatments were often 2x more expensive than the most costly treatments elsewhere.