logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zoey  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 3, 2017 4:50:46 PM(UTC)

I found another odd complication to a bottom lip from a face lift. I wonder if it's a similar injury as the one that happened to Dr. Harley. Very sad.

https://www.realself.com...-facelift-neck-life-lips
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline MissJ  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2017 10:49:03 AM(UTC)

New topic.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline ditterbo  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2017 5:19:52 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
New topic.

May as well lump this one in here then.

https://www.realself.com...try-893393-image-2467710

It's a 'textbook' paralysis case that Zoey found in that realself patient. You can see the classic lip see-saw affect in her one pic she shows before botox to even the whole lip out. But this Harley patient's center lip paralysis that doesn't make sense to me. I should ask her if she can pucker her center lip. If she can, then maybe she and I have some extremely obscure nerve damage, of a similar nature. According to dr G, if the mentalis muscle is paralyzed, it would sag down, not up....and then to MissJ's guestimation, is there a known 'pull' of soft tissue in this type of f/l that can result in the mentalis to visually ride high?
Offline MissJ  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 8, 2017 8:04:55 PM(UTC)

Looks more like her lower lip depressors are pulling down and the mentalis is trying to oppose by pulling center lip up.

Originally Posted by: ditterbo Go to Quoted Post
May as well lump this one in here then.

https://www.realself.com...try-893393-image-2467710

It's a 'textbook' paralysis case that Zoey found in that realself patient. You can see the classic lip see-saw affect in her one pic she shows before botox to even the whole lip out. But this Harley patient's center lip paralysis that doesn't make sense to me. I should ask her if she can pucker her center lip. If she can, then maybe she and I have some extremely obscure nerve damage, of a similar nature. According to dr G, if the mentalis muscle is paralyzed, it would sag down, not up....and then to MissJ's guestimation, is there a known 'pull' of soft tissue in this type of f/l that can result in the mentalis to visually ride high?

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)