logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zoey  
#46 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 6:26:56 PM(UTC)

This is so weird. The woman who was not happy with her Harley facelift who has a review on Realself; apparently, her review was locked down to responses, something Realself does when things get too negative for their tastes. Anyway a week after it was locked down, yesterday, someone who had a face lift with him, a happy patient, who lives in Seattle where Realself headquarters are located was able to get into the review to make a comment.
So odd.
https://www.realself.com...patient#comment-5287770

Frred is the poster who left the comment after commenting feature was disabled.

“frred
January 12, 2018
OliviaP12, looking at the photos you posted around mid December, which shows your neck, I don’t see any of the neck band issues? This happened in a little over 3 weeks?”

Here is her review of Harley

https://www.realself.com...rley-neck-lift-face-lift

Edited by user Saturday, January 13, 2018 7:41:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline makingchoices  
#47 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 7:16:55 PM(UTC)

I would say the neck photos show pretty clearly the problem - neck bands are obvious to me. Her photos of her face without fillers look pretty dismal too. I feel for her. These mini lifts might not be ideal for anyone - Has anyone here had one that yielded long term results?
Offline MissJ  
#48 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 10:56:53 PM(UTC)

This frred poster probably does not see the neck bands BECAUSE she doesn't see her OWN. Her post op photos show NECK BANDS too!
Interesting how she managed to post while the comment feature was disabled and also that she's out of a place RS is headquartered.

Originally Posted by: Zoey Go to Quoted Post
This is so weird. The woman who was not happy with her Harley facelift who has a review on Realself; apparently, her review was locked down to responses, something Realself does when things get too negative for their tastes. Anyway a week after it was locked down, yesterday, someone who had a face lift with him, a happy patient, who lives in Seattle where Realself headquarters are located was able to get into the review to make a comment.
So odd.
https://www.realself.com...patient#comment-5287770

Frred is the poster who left the comment after commenting feature was disabled.

“frred
January 12, 2018
OliviaP12, looking at the photos you posted around mid December, which shows your neck, I don’t see any of the neck band issues? This happened in a little over 3 weeks?”

Here is her review of Harley

https://www.realself.com...rley-neck-lift-face-lift

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Beholder  
#49 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 11:33:02 PM(UTC)

Wow. So glad I have this forum to come to! The truth about Harley is finally coming out. Thank you all especially Miss J for warning me about RS and the too good to be true Dr. Harley. I never realized how hard it would be to find an ethical trustworthy talented doc who produces consistently beautiful results.
Offline MissJ  
#50 Posted : Sunday, January 14, 2018 12:41:14 AM(UTC)

I don't remember 'warning you' about Dr. Harley. Can you point me to the post where I personally warned you about this specific doctor? Are you confusing me with Zoey????

Originally Posted by: Beholder Go to Quoted Post
Wow. So glad I have this forum to come to! The truth about Harley is finally coming out. Thank you all especially Miss J for warning me about RS and the too good to be true Dr. Harley. I never realized how hard it would be to find an ethical trustworthy talented doc who produces consistently beautiful results.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Beholder  
#51 Posted : Sunday, January 14, 2018 12:50:48 AM(UTC)

Miss J, It might have been Zoey or someone else telling me that Dr. Harley was iffy. "Warn" is a strong word I guess. I learned about Real Self's credibility from you. Just wanted to say thanks.
Offline Zoey  
#52 Posted : Sunday, January 14, 2018 3:39:41 AM(UTC)

Yes!! So true.

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
This frred poster probably does not see the neck bands BECAUSE she doesn't see her OWN. Her post op photos show NECK BANDS too!
Interesting how she managed to post while the comment feature was disabled and also that she's out of a place RS is headquartered.

Offline Zoey  
#53 Posted : Sunday, January 14, 2018 3:41:01 AM(UTC)

I never actually used the word “warn” either. I just linked to posters on Realself who were not happy with their results. I also stated that someone who lives in Asheville told me that she nor her friends ever heard of him.

I don't remember 'warning you' about Dr. Harley. Can you point me to the post where I personally warned you about this specific doctor? Are you confusing me with Zoey????

Offline Robin  
#54 Posted : Sunday, January 14, 2018 10:03:25 AM(UTC)

exactly. she also doesn't show a repose "after" shot, only smiling. she is definitely improved around the jawline and i guess that's what her laser-sharp focus was on what bothered her.

Offline Robin  
#55 Posted : Sunday, January 14, 2018 10:10:20 AM(UTC)

I think the net of this all just reinforces a lot of what we discuss here already.

Expectations are key - and many people go into surgery with unrealistic expectations and blind spots.

Doctors will do what they know how to do. They have blind spots also. You have to know what you are looking for and be educated enough to figure out where to make tradeoffs and when to stop, because not all things are fixable and can easily be made worse

If you do a smaller procedure focused on a localized area - you will get results focused on a localized area.

If you have a lot of fillers and/or prior surgery, those may complicate the ability of any doctor to achieve an "ideal" result.

Perfection in one attempt is rare, especially as you get older and/or have had multiple interventions.
Offline MissJ  
#56 Posted : Sunday, January 14, 2018 8:16:40 PM(UTC)

So, neither of us actually 'warned' her about the doctor.

Originally Posted by: Zoey Go to Quoted Post
I never actually used the word “warn” either. I just linked to posters on Realself who were not happy with their results. I also stated that someone who lives in Asheville told me that she nor her friends ever heard of him.

Offline MissJ  
#57 Posted : Sunday, January 14, 2018 8:28:55 PM(UTC)

Yes a 'strong' word indeed to have me down as 'warning' about this doctor. I don't have any warnings out about him. Like, I've never told anyone not to go to him/avoid him. To the best of my knowledge, I've not made any blanket statements as to RS's over all credibility either. I may have pinpointed some statements from either posters or doctors that did not seem credible to me and when I critique RS, I give the grounds of what I'm critiquing and why.

Originally Posted by: Beholder Go to Quoted Post
Miss J, It might have been Zoey or someone else telling me that Dr. Harley was iffy. "Warn" is a strong word I guess. I learned about Real Self's credibility from you. Just wanted to say thanks.

Offline Chris K  
#58 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 12:06:26 AM(UTC)

Woman
Maybe he was me who used the word 'warn'.

I throw around words like butcher, warn, disfigured, etc etc
Offline Quno  
#59 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 9:31:06 AM(UTC)

This might explain Dr Harley's popularity: https://realself.pissedc...ng-201711241136568.html

Zoey - it appears they're co-opting "Realfriends" into saying certain things to counter negative (or even positive) opinions on the site: https://www.sitejabber.c...reviews/realself.com#78

So it seems that they are not only defending "bad" doctors who pay them money, but they may be blackmailing the ones who aren't yet paying for their services by encouraging negative comments about them (or at least curtailing positive feedback).
Offline Zoey  
#60 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 11:24:13 AM(UTC)

Wow, unbelievably pathetic!!!
Great find, Quno.

Originally Posted by: Quno Go to Quoted Post
This might explain Dr Harley's popularity: https://realself.pissedc...ng-201711241136568.html

Zoey - it appears they're co-opting "Realfriends" into saying certain things to counter negative (or even positive) opinions on the site: https://www.sitejabber.c...reviews/realself.com#78

So it seems that they are not only defending "bad" doctors who pay them money, but they may be blackmailing the ones who aren't yet paying for their services by encouraging negative comments about them (or at least curtailing positive feedback).

Edited by user Friday, January 19, 2018 11:56:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified