logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<12345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MissJ  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2017 5:01:06 PM(UTC)

Well, if you look at his prices, he's not making a direct appeal to wealthy women.

Originally Posted by: Zoey Go to Quoted Post
I just spoke to a woman who lives in Asheville. She lives in a wealthy gated community where many of the women are into plastic surgery. I spoke to her last week and asked her about Dr Harley. She told me she never heard of him. Her community had a huge Labor Day picnic and she told me that she asked most of the women at the picnic if they ever heard of him and according to her not one ever heard of him. Even though I think a lot of his popularity is internet generated, to be honest with you, I was a bit surprised.

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Zoey  
#32 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 12:32:48 PM(UTC)

IDK. No idea about pricey picnic crowd. Maybe they go to Thomas Roberts who's in one of the Carolinas or Dr. Law.

But don't you think if he had any kind of local reputation good or bad someone would have heard of him.

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
Well, if you look at his prices, he's not making a direct appeal to wealthy women.

Edited by moderator Thursday, September 14, 2017 3:43:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Mike D  
#33 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 1:21:52 PM(UTC)

I wonder if most of Asheville's wealthy facelift crowd go to Atlanta for their facelifts? It's only about a 3.5 - 4 hour drive.
Offline Zoey  
#34 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 1:51:42 PM(UTC)

That makes sense. However to look at it differently, if he had a really bad reputation maybe then it would be known about town. Who knows????

Originally Posted by: Mike D Go to Quoted Post
I wonder if most of Asheville's wealthy facelift crowd go to Atlanta for their facelifts? It's only about a 3.5 - 4 hour drive.

Offline Mike D  
#35 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:43:37 PM(UTC)

That makes sense. However to look at it differently, if he had a really bad reputation maybe then it would be known about town. Who knows????

The high-end hair dressers in town usually know who the bad ones are.
Offline Zoey  
#36 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 12:29:26 PM(UTC)

New interesting review.

Interesting that Dr. Harley offers his facelift without any consultation.

https://www.realself.com...tient?offset=1&sle=0
Offline MissJ  
#37 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 3:16:48 PM(UTC)

I see she uses the term 'honeymoon phase'; time where diffuse swelling kicks up euphoric 'result' that is NOT a result. Wonder if they are reading the Miss J board because I use that term a LOT.

On one of my open critiques of RS, which, I think, Zoey you made a topic about (RS 'university'), I noted they actually ENCOURAGE doctors to have their patients put up reviews ASAP, which is basically the honeymoon phase. Good 'biz' for RS and doctors but NOT for patients. Well, at least people on the Miss J board have known about this honeymoon phase for YEARS. Glad to hear the OP of the review is catching on to that. However all those early reviews in honeymoon phase would be due to RS ENCOURAGING that. IMO, they should have a separate section for BLOGS of a patient--you know entries where they start posting about their surgery even before they get it and when the post op is so SOON. All that should be a BLOG section. For REVIEWS, there should be a separate section for review to be entered at appropriate time frame to speak of a 'result' and perhaps with a link to the person's blog.

Anyway, Zoey, if you are on there and know a RS member who's case is up here, can you tell them it's here?

New interesting review.

Interesting that Dr. Harley offers his facelift without any consultation.

https://www.realself.com...tient?offset=1&sle=0

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Zoey  
#38 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 8:43:03 PM(UTC)

Well that review is now gone.

I see she uses the term 'honeymoon phase'; time where diffuse swelling kicks up euphoric 'result' that is NOT a result. Wonder if they are reading the Miss J board because I use that term a LOT.

On one of my open critiques of RS, which, I think, Zoey you made a topic about (RS 'university'), I noted they actually ENCOURAGE doctors to have their patients put up reviews ASAP, which is basically the honeymoon phase. Good 'biz' for RS and doctors but NOT for patients. Well, at least people on the Miss J board have known about this honeymoon phase for YEARS. Glad to hear the OP of the review is catching on to that. However all those early reviews in honeymoon phase would be due to RS ENCOURAGING that. IMO, they should have a separate section for BLOGS of a patient--you know entries where they start posting about their surgery even before they get it and when the post op is so SOON. All that should be a BLOG section. For REVIEWS, there should be a separate section for review to be entered at appropriate time frame to speak of a 'result' and perhaps with a link to the person's blog.

Anyway, Zoey, if you are on there and know a RS member who's case is up here, can you tell them it's here?

Offline MissJ  
#39 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 9:38:38 PM(UTC)

Do you think they saw my critique of them or was there something wrong with her review?

Well that review is now gone.

Offline Zoey  
#40 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 10:24:16 PM(UTC)

I don't know. When I was on your site tonight leaving my post, I decided to click on the link to see what was going on, and was surprised to see the thread removed.

Do you think they saw my critique of them or was there something wrong with her review?

Offline lucillenyc  
#41 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 10:28:06 AM(UTC)

Hmm, that's too bad the review was removed. I know she was getting a lot of pushback from other users for posting a less-than-glowing experience. Maybe that was why she deleted it.

I don't know. When I was on your site tonight leaving my post, I decided to click on the link to see what was going on, and was surprised to see the thread removed.

Offline MissJ  
#42 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 11:41:27 AM(UTC)

Oh, OK. Please correct me if I'm wrong. But I was under the impression that RS did not allow reviewers to delete their reviews and it was their shot to call whether to delete a review. Do people who post a review have the option to delete it after they get a bunch of responses?

Originally Posted by: lucillenyc Go to Quoted Post
Hmm, that's too bad the review was removed. I know she was getting a lot of pushback from other users for posting a less-than-glowing experience. Maybe that was why she deleted it.

Offline lucillenyc  
#43 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 7:09:40 PM(UTC)

Yes, I think they do. I was PMing with somebody who had written a review. I noticed the review disappeared and asked her about it. She said she deleted it because she ran into somebody she knew in the PS waiting room, haha. Didn't want them to know what she had done I guess.

Oh, OK. Please correct me if I'm wrong. But I was under the impression that RS did not allow reviewers to delete their reviews and it was their shot to call whether to delete a review. Do people who post a review have the option to delete it after they get a bunch of responses?

Offline Zoey  
#44 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 7:32:56 PM(UTC)

Appparently you can't do it on your own but you can contact customer support;

https://help.realself.co...-Can-I-Delete-My-Review-

Offline MissJ  
#45 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 7:42:04 PM(UTC)

thanx lucille and zoey.