logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Beholder  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 3, 2017 12:52:21 PM(UTC)

OK, so one of the "Harley Honeys" (but she doesn't call herself that thank God) replied to my private message asking how her Biltmore Lift is lasting two years out. She publicly updated a photo of herself with a clean crisp jawline. I have to say that I am impressed. It's hard to see her scars but her hair is long and dark and in a pony tail and her jaw angle is really nice. Go to Real Self and look for the 59 year old who goes by tcapo. It feels like I'm beating a dead horse with this Biltmore stuff but I see a crisp jaw angle to his patients that I rarely see with the best BH docs. Time and time again with the other lifts I can see the submandibular glands bulging and it ruins that clean angle. I'm wondering if this gimmicky Biltmore lift that seems too good to be true will continue to look ok for a few more years. Honestly if I can get five years out of a good looking low risk neck like that, I'm going to sign up now.
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline lucillenyc  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 3, 2017 1:13:09 PM(UTC)

She does look nice. Here's the link if anybody is curious:

https://www.realself.com...ft-biltmore-lift-age-59#

The thing about submandibular glands is that it's about anatomy, not surgical skill. If you have enlarged glands, the only solution is to trim them down. Not many surgeons do this (though Dr. Marten does).
Offline Robin  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 3, 2017 6:25:16 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Beholder Go to Quoted Post
OK, so one of the "Harley Honeys" (but she doesn't call herself that thank God) replied to my private message asking how her Biltmore Lift is lasting two years out. She publicly updated a photo of herself with a clean crisp jawline. I have to say that I am impressed. It's hard to see her scars but her hair is long and dark and in a pony tail and her jaw angle is really nice. Go to Real Self and look for the 59 year old who goes by tcapo. It feels like I'm beating a dead horse with this Biltmore stuff but I see a crisp jaw angle to his patients that I rarely see with the best BH docs. Time and time again with the other lifts I can see the submandibular glands bulging and it ruins that clean angle. I'm wondering if this gimmicky Biltmore lift that seems too good to be true will continue to look ok for a few more years. Honestly if I can get five years out of a good looking low risk neck like that, I'm going to sign up now.

her results are nice... i don't see a super clean jaw line though. in the picture where she is smiling broadly it's at an angle and there's a lot of flesh above her jawline pleating with the smile.... and the pics she takes from the side and back suggest softness along the jawline. In some she's twisting her head and neck in a weird way to get the side selfie but that also distorts the view. She had a very bad neck to start with so she still looks great relatively speaking. You really need to see clinical photos to judge what you are looking for and see whether it would be acceptable to you Have you gone on a consult and seen more pics from this doctor?
Offline Zoey  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 3, 2017 6:45:27 PM(UTC)

This woman had a biltmore lift too.

https://www.realself.com...ed-deformed-resolve-time
Offline Beholder  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 3, 2017 9:50:34 PM(UTC)

Yes, well I think if her jawline were too tight it wouldn't look natural anyway. A tiny big of sag is appropriate for a 57 year old. I would rather have it a little loose than too tight and fake looking. I just feel like my neck right now looks way older than the rest of my face. I don't have a firm jawline and noticed that I have that "W" jawline that I read about somewhere that indicates bone loss in the notch sulcus and the pre jowl sulcus. I know notch sulcus is not a medical term!
Offline Beholder  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 3, 2017 10:03:17 PM(UTC)

Zoey- Thanks for that photo. That is pretty scary. I wonder if it got any better. How on earth did you find that pic? I thought I had read every single Biltmore post. I read on his site that when there is excess skin he extends the incision back down the nape of the neck. I wonder why he didn't in her case. Maybe he's getting sloppy. Scary. Hopefully it will resolve itself.
Offline lucillenyc  
#7 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2017 7:16:08 PM(UTC)

Ditterbo just posted this in another thread, but I found it interesting:

https://www.realself.com...try-893393-image-2467710

This is the second Harley patient I've heard of with nerve damage. Granted, nerve injuries can happen with any surgeon, but this is quite scary. It sound like there has been no improvement in 4 months.

I guess the Bilmore lift isn't as safe as they say...
Offline MissJ  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2017 8:12:23 PM(UTC)

I wonder what he said on there to have one of his posts deleted. Can't imagine him saying anything 'bad' or rude.
Ditterbo, can you indulge in what you said that they deleted?

As to the patient, she seemed pretty happy with the overall outcome. She just looks like she has a bi-lateral pull down to the lip depressors. I wouldn't call that nerve damage. It just looks like they were displaced during some pull of the surgery.

Originally Posted by: lucillenyc Go to Quoted Post
Ditterbo just posted this in another thread, but I found it interesting:

https://www.realself.com...try-893393-image-2467710

This is the second Harley patient I've heard of with nerve damage. Granted, nerve injuries can happen with any surgeon, but this is quite scary. It sound like there has been no improvement in 4 months.

I guess the Bilmore lift isn't as safe as they say...

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.
Offline ditterbo  
#9 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2017 8:16:39 PM(UTC)

I thought it was a coincidence that she found this review too, & so I brought up how the patient does't care as much as I do with that kind of lip deformity. Then realized she was referencing my earlier post, so I lost my reason in posting. Wonder why that is so interesting to find out? (I can't tell if you're bad/rude statement was sarcastic)

I literally wrote "misread-please delete" as my final edit. Since I'm reposting here on this thread, if her depressors are 'misplaced', do they recover? You say misplaced and I start thinking pulled/stretched/injured nerves, AKA nerve damage. Her center lip is looking exactly as mine from like the first 1-3 weeks post op, but at 4 months post op instead.
Offline lucillenyc  
#10 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2017 8:17:48 PM(UTC)

Do you think her smile will go back to normal, Miss J? Seems strange there was no improvement in 4 months. She said she speaks with a lisp and has to be careful not to bite her lip when she speaks.

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
I wonder what he said on there to have one of his posts deleted. Can't imagine him saying anything 'bad' or rude.
Ditterbo, can you indulge in what you said that they deleted?

As to the patient, she seemed pretty happy with the overall outcome. She just looks like she has a bi-lateral pull down to the lip depressors. I wouldn't call that nerve damage. It just looks like they were displaced during some pull of the surgery.

Offline MissJ  
#11 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2017 8:33:18 PM(UTC)

IDK. Just wanted to say i didn't think it was nerve damage rather more of mechanical thing where the lip depressors got some 'vector' on them as a result of a vector to displace the tissues she needed displaced for a more youthful look.

Originally Posted by: lucillenyc Go to Quoted Post
Do you think her smile will go back to normal, Miss J? Seems strange there was no improvement in 4 months. She said she speaks with a lisp and has to be careful not to bite her lip when she speaks.

Offline MissJ  
#12 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2017 8:37:25 PM(UTC)

I was referring to the post you made on Real self where they deleted something you said. I saw your 'delete' please post on here and deleted it for you. was not being sarcastic. I could not imagine your saying anything 'bad' for them to delete your entry. So i wanted to know what they deleted on RS.

Originally Posted by: ditterbo Go to Quoted Post
I thought it was a coincidence that she found this review too, & so I brought up how the patient does't care as much as I do with that kind of lip deformity. Then realized she was referencing my earlier post, so I lost my reason in posting. Wonder why that is so interesting to find out? (I can't tell if you're bad/rude statement was sarcastic)

I literally wrote "misread-please delete" as my final edit. Since I'm reposting here on this thread, if her depressors are 'misplaced', do they recover? You say misplaced and I start thinking pulled/stretched/injured nerves, AKA nerve damage. Her center lip is looking exactly as mine from like the first 1-3 weeks post op, but at 4 months post op instead.

Offline ditterbo  
#13 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2017 8:47:18 PM(UTC)

I was referring to the post you made on Real self where they deleted something you said. I saw your 'delete' please post on here and deleted it for you. was not being sarcastic. I could not imagine your saying anything 'bad' for them to delete your entry. So i wanted to know what they deleted on RS.

Ah yeah I was confused how the OP would've deleted my post without you seeing it - you were referring to RS. not my reply here, got it.

Interesting I didn't even realize they deleted one of my posts on RS. I see where it is but can't recall what I said. I think it's because I probably linked to imgur with a smile collage. See in response she said "I looked at your pictures and we seem to have the same effect?? "
Offline MissJ  
#14 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2017 8:53:34 PM(UTC)

Ya. Probably an outside link they deleted. Could not imagine you saying anything 'bad'.

Originally Posted by: ditterbo Go to Quoted Post
Ah yeah I was confused how the OP would've deleted my post without you seeing it.

Interesting I didn't even realize they deleted one of my posts on RS. I see where it is but can't recall what I said. I think it's because I probably linked to imgur with a smile collage. See in response she said "I looked at your pictures and we seem to have the same effect?? "

Offline MissJ  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, August 22, 2017 8:01:07 PM(UTC)

On second thought, it could be nerve, (mandible margin nerve). If so, both got injured equally. But also could be a pull on depressors. She would need a nerve test to tell for sure.

IDK. Just wanted to say i didn't think it was nerve damage rather more of mechanical thing where the lip depressors got some 'vector' on them as a result of a vector to displace the tissues she needed displaced for a more youthful look.