logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline macaroon lover  
#46 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 11:37:12 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
How does it work though. For example, if someone models with high end articles eg.the Gucci, Vuitton bags and boots and shows a whole assortment of them in their photos, do they buy them as investment to model them or do they borrow them just for a photo shoot?

If they show a photo of a bag, for example the light colored check pattern Vuitton bag next to roses looks like a popular one used but the photo comes from some place else (like a Vuitton fan page site) does the blogger showing same photo get income from repeating the photo?

I can only speak from the bloggers I know, but they pay and keep their designer goods as they are necessary to sell the image of being able to afford this things, being fashionable, whatever. So it is an investment in their business.
I'm pretty sure if they are "instafamous" and would return the merchandise the sales assistant would sooner or later figure out.

I don't think they can get money from pictures that aren't theirs. They either get payed by "social commerce" (that's what you meant about the apps) or product placement.
Obviously the more followers they have, the more they can charge.

Offline MissJ  
#47 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 12:11:49 PM(UTC)

tHanx. I'm so behind the times on how this stuff works. I don't even know if Instagram is an app for the smart phones or if you can do it from a home computer. Not that I'm the type to be or want to be a fashion blogger, I am way behind on social media type stuff.

Could they go into a store, try things on in dressing room for a photo?

Originally Posted by: macaroon lover Go to Quoted Post
I can only speak from the bloggers I know, but they pay and keep their designer goods as they are necessary to sell the image of being able to afford this things, being fashionable, whatever. So it is an investment in their business.
I'm pretty sure if they are "instafamous" and would return the merchandise the sales assistant would sooner or later figure out.

I don't think they can get money from pictures that aren't theirs. They either get payed by "social commerce" (that's what you meant about the apps) or product placement.
Obviously the more followers they have, the more they can charge.

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.
Offline Anya77  
#48 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 5:13:22 PM(UTC)

@Miss J; I actually crafted the exact photo you are talking about!! I have seen it done a lot but I put my own spin on it. Instagram is an App for smart phones but you can also sign up from a desktop computer.

The fashion bloggers tend to wear affordable clothing but spend money on their bags or shoes or sometimes both. There are bloggers who wear low end everything but the popular ones tend to intermix high and low fashion.

I do this; I have about 4 high end bags that I rotate. I also have 3-5 pairs of high end shoes ($800-1100).

The money comes in from linking out to Nordstrom under your name. The money also can come from independent fashion brands that contact you. The one that contacted me offered to pay me for a post (a post on Instagram is a photo) the post would be a photo I created wearing their clothing and also telling my followers "hey I'm wearing ____"

Anyone can technically pull a photo that's not theirs and post it but it's better to give credit, if you know who the original owner/photographer is. You don't get payment for these photos; they are simply photos you use to make your feed interesting and to possibly gain more followers.
Offline MissJ  
#49 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 5:37:58 PM(UTC)

The photo with Vuitton bag + pink roses also had a pink Starbucks drink next to it. I saw it on the site you gave in this string of holly what's her face. i clicked on it and it said it was from the V fan club or something like that. So, I guess there was credit to it. But started looking at more fashion blogs and a lot of them used that bag with pink roses. Her 'get to know it' description usually went to Nordstroms. So, when the company asks you to model their dress, they give it to you and pay you. wow.

Does it work if you post photos from home computer or does it have to be via the Instagram app?

Originally Posted by: Anya77 Go to Quoted Post
@Miss J; I actually crafted the exact photo you are talking about!! I have seen it done a lot but I put my own spin on it. Instagram is an App for smart phones but you can also sign up from a desktop computer.

The fashion bloggers tend to wear affordable clothing but spend money on their bags or shoes or sometimes both. There are bloggers who wear low end everything but the popular ones tend to intermix high and low fashion.

I do this; I have about 4 high end bags that I rotate. I also have 3-5 pairs of high end shoes ($800-1100).

The money comes in from linking out to Nordstrom under your name. The money also can come from independent fashion brands that contact you. The one that contacted me offered to pay me for a post (a post on Instagram is a photo) the post would be a photo I created wearing their clothing and also telling my followers "hey I'm wearing ____"

Anyone can technically pull a photo that's not theirs and post it but it's better to give credit, if you know who the original owner/photographer is. You don't get payment for these photos; they are simply photos you use to make your feed interesting and to possibly gain more followers.

Offline Anya77  
#50 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 6:30:23 PM(UTC)

The photo with Vuitton bag + pink roses also had a pink Starbucks drink next to it. I saw it on the site you gave in this string of holly what's her face. i clicked on it and it said it was from the V fan club or something like that. So, I guess there was credit to it. But started looking at more fashion blogs and a lot of them used that bag with pink roses. Her 'get to know it' description usually went to Nordstroms. So, when the company asks you to model their dress, they give it to you and pay you. wow.

Does it work if you post photos from home computer or does it have to be via the Instagram app?

I think you can post from a home computer; you should do it Miss J! There's not many 50 + women in it (there are some but they don't look like you) it's an age group that's very unrepresented right now. It's called being an "influencer" For many brands paying $100-5000 to have an influencer make a post in their clothing to their 5000k to 100k+ audience is very CHEAP labor compared to setting up a photoshoot, paying a model, photographer and the crew to make an ad that will be ignored anyway. The influencer's audience has TRUST in their opinion which many times translates into sales.
As an aside; I have 2 photographers I use and that's not including my husband haha!
Offline Larazelle  
#51 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 7:53:29 PM(UTC)

I think you can post from a home computer; you should do it Miss J! There's not many 50 + women in it (there are some but they don't look like you) it's an age group that's very unrepresented right now. It's called being an "influencer" For many brands paying $100-5000 to have an influencer make a post in their clothing to their 5000k to 100k+ audience is very CHEAP labor compared to setting up a photoshoot, paying a model, photographer and the crew to make an ad that will be ignored anyway. The influencer's audience has TRUST in their opinion which many times translates into sales.
As an aside; I have 2 photographers I use and that's not including my husband haha!

Anya - congratulations on doing so well with this - can one make over 100K per year on this?
Offline MissJ  
#52 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 8:40:13 PM(UTC)

I look terrible so no modeling for me. lol. I just wanted to understand how those things worked.

Offline Anya77  
#53 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 12:44:57 AM(UTC)

@larazelle; I'm sure they can if they get popular! I think the very honest answer is one would spend around that much first before they made that much; at least with fashion blogging. Between the new clothes and paying photographers weekly it really adds up.

I have heard of bloggers making much more than 100k though ( fashion and beauty bloggers with real blogs and their instagrams ) most people don't want to make the initial time and money investment. It's been told to me over and over to not do it for the money and now I see why-because it's a lot more involved than it appears. For an example ; a simple pretty instagram post can take 2-3 hours to create!!
Offline Anya77  
#54 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 1:29:03 AM(UTC)

I look terrible so no modeling for me. lol. I just wanted to understand how those things worked.

Well as you've already seen with the Hollie examples you can use apps that photoshop you into being photogenic, not to mention filters.
Offline MissJ  
#55 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 8:20:49 AM(UTC)

I don't have the start point for that. I'm not a model.

Well as you've already seen with the Hollie examples you can use apps that photoshop you into being photogenic, not to mention filters.

Offline Robin  
#56 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 8:37:07 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Larazelle Go to Quoted Post
--------------
Anya - congratulations on doing so well with this - can one make over 100K per year on this?

you can think of this like any small business. most will not make much. some will get pretty well known but not manage the "business" of it well enough to do well financially. A very small percentage will do well enough to pursue it as full time income. and a smaller percentage (tiny) still will make significant money - and usually those will need some kind of financial backing, like from a venture capitalist. in the last case there needs to be a fully developed business model.