logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MissJ  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 28, 2017 2:25:06 PM(UTC)

USING THE QUOTE FUNCTION CORRECTLY

Hi,

I get annoyed and over taxed by some members who frequently use the QUOTE function incorrectly. Too many people do it too many times. Hence this notice.

More often than not, if you see 'Edited by moderator' to a post you've made, it USUALLY means the edit was to REMOVE your TEXT from the text of the member you quoted. Otherwise your text is WITHIN the text of the member you quoted such that OTHER MEMBERS have no way to differentiate what YOU said and what the member you are quoting said.

It's just one of those things which is GRUNT WORK for me and not a good use of my time on board where instead of contributing content, I've got to OFTEN edit posts where the QUOTE function is used INCORRECTLY.

When ever you use the QUOTE function, you will SEE the other members entry enclosed by BRACKETS. It's not too much to ask you to LOOK for them when you post and make sure your text is OUTSIDE of those quote brackets and the brackets STAY where they are.

Checking to see that your content is OUTSIDE of the quote brackets, your content is not within them or the brackets STAY where they are when you enter your response to the member you are quoting is one of the little things that is EASY for you to do YOURSELF. It should not be a thing I have to do FOR you because you don't. OK.

A few slip ups here and there is OK. But if I've ever singled you out and told you to be more conscious as to MAKE SURE your content is NOT within the quote brackets and still find myself frequently editing your posts because your content appears within the members post you are quoting, I'm going to hit you up with an EDITOR'S FEE for being a HIGH MAINTENANCE poster.

Please take the time to familiarize yourself with; 'CORRECT USE OF THE QUOTE FUNCTION'.

Thank you.

MissJ attached the following image(s):
a QUOTE function.jpg (137kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)