logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Larazelle  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 21, 2017 10:14:43 PM(UTC)

Instant Face, Neck and Eye Lift (Light Hair)
CosmeSearch, Inc

Look for this on Amazon and buy it through MissJ's portal - you will be pleasantly surprised by it.

I tried this thinking I will kiss goodbye to $17.00 - but it worked to a certain extent. Its basically tape that sticks in front of your ears that melts into your skin along with two elastic bands that you connect under your hair. It totally "lifted" up the top half of my face and gave me a younger face without droop. It only works if you have very little sag in the face - not for people who need boatloads of surgery. Its a very subtle look - and does not look "done" - ha ha - I tried it out for authenticity by using it when I went to dinner at a friends house who would have no problems telling me if I looked "weird" - when she first saw me she said I looked unusually "well" (she is English, they are very understated) and then asked if I was wearing new makeup or had a facial - and throughout dinner she kept looking at me closely trying to figure out the secret of my "newfound youth" - finally before leaving I told her and she was quite impressed and decided to buy it on Amazon.

So this works but if you put the tapes too close to the ear it can hurt. It is NOT the most comfortable feeling but it is so worth it that I bear a bit of discomfort. It also needs a lot of thick hair to hide the tape - so men can't benefit from this - and also women with fine hair and ofcourse short hair - unless they wear a wig.
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline maybellineo  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2017 3:15:55 PM(UTC)

Larazelle:

Do you think it would also help the area around the mouth?

Maybellineo
Offline Larazelle  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2017 9:35:06 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: maybellineo Go to Quoted Post
Larazelle:

Do you think it would also help the area around the mouth?

Maybellineo

I don't know how it will work on you - but with me there is a "slight" lift of the cheeks that also lifts the edges of the lips in a VERY subtle way - but I didn't see an appreciable lift around the mouth area. If you look at the link they have another similar product for the neck area that may help with the mouth- but I did not need that.

When I use this I get a kind of "Asian" look to my face - like higher cheekbones and eyes a bit slanted - and a "rounder" face - so the total effect is one of youth.

The last time I saw your pics you looked amazingly young and I did not see a problem anywhere - what is happening with your mouth?
Offline lucillenyc  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 12:27:53 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Larazelle Go to Quoted Post
CosmeSearch, Inc

Look for this on Amazon and buy it through MissJ's portal - you will be pleasantly surprised by it.

I tried this thinking I will kiss goodbye to $17.00 - but it worked to a certain extent. Its basically tape that sticks in front of your ears that melts into your skin along with two elastic bands that you connect under your hair. It totally "lifted" up the top half of my face and gave me a younger face without droop. It only works if you have very little sag in the face - not for people who need boatloads of surgery. Its a very subtle look - and does not look "done" - ha ha - I tried it out for authenticity by using it when I went to dinner at a friends house who would have no problems telling me if I looked "weird" - when she first saw me she said I looked unusually "well" (she is English, they are very understated) and then asked if I was wearing new makeup or had a facial - and throughout dinner she kept looking at me closely trying to figure out the secret of my "newfound youth" - finally before leaving I told her and she was quite impressed and decided to buy it on Amazon.

So this works but if you put the tapes too close to the ear it can hurt. It is NOT the most comfortable feeling but it is so worth it that I bear a bit of discomfort. It also needs a lot of thick hair to hide the tape - so men can't benefit from this - and also women with fine hair and ofcourse short hair - unless they wear a wig.

Ohh, I have to try this! Thanks for the recommendation.
Offline Greg  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 1:10:39 AM(UTC)

Man
United Kingdom
If this works mechanically, as I would picture, then I would be concerned that it is pulling on, and stretching, the skin. I don't think it is ever good to do things that stretch one's facial skin. My opinion would be that it's better to do proper curative procedures rather than mess with such gimmicks.
Offline Larazelle  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 8:53:20 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Greg Go to Quoted Post
If this works mechanically, as I would picture, then I would be concerned that it is pulling on, and stretching, the skin. I don't think it is ever good to do things that stretch one's facial skin. My opinion would be that it's better to do proper curative procedures rather than mess with such gimmicks.

THANK YOU for alerting me to this - however I think the skin is "lifted" rather than stretched per se - also it is quite subtle - AND this is a pre-emptive strike BEFORE I go in for a FL - its just to tide me over - so even if the skin did get stretched I would be taken care of during a FL, wouldn't you say?

ALSO - I don't wear it ALL THE TIME - like this week I wore it for two evenings - I think it would take months or years of wearing it for the skin to stretch -

But thanks again - I hadn't really thought about this aspect of it - that is why I love this board - there is a Caring and Sharing amongst its members.
Offline lucillenyc  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 10:56:30 AM(UTC)

------------
THANK YOU for alerting me to this - however I think the skin is "lifted" rather than stretched per se - also it is quite subtle - AND this is a pre-emptive strike BEFORE I go in for a FL - its just to tide me over - so even if the skin did get stretched I would be taken care of during a FL, wouldn't you say?

ALSO - I don't wear it ALL THE TIME - like this week I wore it for two evenings - I think it would take months or years of wearing it for the skin to stretch -

But thanks again - I hadn't really thought about this aspect of it - that is why I love this board - there is a Caring and Sharing amongst its members.

Yeah, if I were to do this, it would be for an evening out or something. Though I'd want to do a dry run first, hehe. (Remember when Cher was photographed with facelift tape a few years ago? The horror!)
Offline Larazelle  
#8 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 11:54:50 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: lucillenyc Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, if I were to do this, it would be for an evening out or something. Though I'd want to do a dry run first, hehe. (Remember when Cher was photographed with facelift tape a few years ago? The horror!)

Yes - try it out for size first - and do it in a place where YOU KNOW NO ONE - like a supermarket in another city for example - I can't imagine why Cher had to use this - having said that if she can wear it so can we - lol -

Offline Beholder  
#9 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 3:48:01 PM(UTC)

This sounds like just the thing for an upcoming class reunion. I can take five years off for one evening and then go back to my saggy face till I decide on who to do my facelift!!Dancing
Offline Mike D  
#10 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 6:10:44 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Beholder Go to Quoted Post
This sounds like just the thing for an upcoming class reunion. I can take five years off for one evening and then go back to my saggy face till I decide on who to do my facelift!!Dancing

Just hope that 1/2 of it doesn't fall while you are in mid conversation with the person you had a big crush on lol.
Offline Larazelle  
#11 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 8:55:08 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Beholder Go to Quoted Post

There you go - that should work!! - Don't pull the elastic too tight tough because 1) it may break and give the person you are speaking to a heart attack - just kidding -because it is really so subtle that one would not notice the difference easily 2) you might look a bit too "Asian" - which would be a problem if you are not already of that race - lol- Also - wear a very "distracting" dress- a plunging neckline can make up for a lot of fashion faux pas - but if you want some serious tips, pm me.

Also, read the glowing reviews for it on Amazon -

Edited by user Friday, June 30, 2017 10:18:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline nightowl  
#12 Posted : Saturday, July 1, 2017 7:42:29 PM(UTC)

I've seen this used for a makeover by Kandee Johnson to create an Audrey Hepburn look. It tilted the eyes and cheeks very slightly and the transformation from this sticky tape was amazing. Here is a link to her makeup tutorial using the tape (Hope its ok to post the link MissJ, if not please delete)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL3x6-5uiyo

CosmeSearch, Inc

Offline MissJ  
#13 Posted : Saturday, July 1, 2017 9:28:15 PM(UTC)

I've used medical tape to make my eyes look better BUT I have to put right next to the eyes. So 'no go'. No idea what surgery could help do what I want though. I just do it so I don't cry when at home looking in the mirror.

Originally Posted by: nightowl Go to Quoted Post
I've seen this used for a makeover by Kandee Johnson to create an Audrey Hepburn look. It tilted the eyes and cheeks very slightly and the transformation from this sticky tape was amazing. Here is a link to her makeup tutorial using the tape (Hope its ok to post the link MissJ, if not please delete)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL3x6-5uiyo

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.
Offline nightowl  
#14 Posted : Monday, July 3, 2017 10:25:39 PM(UTC)

Is the eye issue due to ptosis?
Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
I've used medical tape to make my eyes look better BUT I have to put right next to the eyes. So 'no go'. No idea what surgery could help do what I want though. I just do it so I don't cry when at home looking in the mirror.

Offline Larazelle  
#15 Posted : Saturday, July 15, 2017 10:59:18 PM(UTC)

So... HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS YET???

I'm waiting for "peer approval" - lol - I wore it today as we went out last night and returned at 4 p.m. - so since I got 4 hrs sleep I needed this to rescue me - and it worked its magic - as it always does. I am a bit worried about what Greg said - that it might loosen the skin because it is stretching it - what do you guys think about that??

I am probably going on a consult with Dr. Gunther - a PS at the Boston center and I will take this with me to show him. I might even put it on and ask his opinion on it - I think it needs a plastic surgeons approval.....