logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zoey  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 10:24:38 AM(UTC)

https://expert.realself....ForReviews_02-LPReg.html

"How to Ask for Reviews

Doctors hate asking for reviews. It can be awkward and uncomfortable, but on the flipside, a positive review can be immensely rewarding. Did you know that RealSelf patients put more weight on reviews than experience when it comes to deciding which doctors to contact?
In this 30-minute webinar, you’ll learn:

How to find a way to ask that fits your style
The best time to ask for a review
What you can and can’t do from inside the office to support the process
Join us to get the latest data on how reviews affect online consumer behavior and learn new ways to approach this challenging subject.

Can’t make it? Register to receive the recording."
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline MissJ  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 4:15:25 PM(UTC)

In reality, the best time for a patient to write a review, especially for a face lift, is the SAME TIME PERIOD that a PS would need to use IF the PS were wanting to demonstrate to his/her peers the REAL outcome of what ever their face lift technique was which is ABOUT A YEAR out. Time periods will differ for different types of surgeries but suffice to say, the review should come after the 'real time' wait and see post op time frame. Early post op reviews during the 'HONEYMOON PHASE' where the patient is happy due to diffuse swelling that makes a face lift look better than it will look a year out or even the honeymoon phase of patient being happy with how 'nice' the doctor is are NOT reliable indicators because information relayed during the HONEYMOON phase is not reliable.
The reliable information, and hence review of such would be the type conveyed AFTER the honeymoon phase.

In reality, the best posters to write the reviews are those with an established posting history and NOT the ones with FEW posts, especially the 1X poster who's only post is to review the doctor.

So, if RS is actually encouraging doctors to get the reviews during the 'HONEYMOON PHASE' (early post op) and they are suggesting that so the doctor can promote himself on there and in turn so doctor reviews promote RS, IMO, that sort of thing just resolves to SELF service for Real Self and fails to be of much benefit to readers looking for a 'real' review.

In reality, the best entries to READ would be the reviews of posters who have a posting HISTORY and lodge their reviews in accordance with a TIME PERIOD in which one can truly evaluate the results as to convey reliable information to readers.

ETA: I deleted a lot of my initial entry simply because a lot of it was advice as to how RS could hone their system with objective of providing more reliable information to readers. In it, I provided MANY examples of information I would not consider reliable. Basically, it resolved to FREE consulting advice to RS. Since they are not paying me for advice regarding how to hone their system to provide more reliable information, I elected to remove much of my advice.

Edited by user Monday, May 8, 2017 11:10:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: to delete extra information

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline MissJ  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 12:31:26 PM(UTC)

When Real Self is actually teaching/coaching doctors on 'How to ask for reviews', the potential patient population would need to be coached as to HOW to READ/evaluate them with reference to reliability/uncertainty levels. Basically, HOW MANY GRAINS OF SALT to attach to some reviews and why.

Does Real Self also offer 'University' courses as to how readers of reviews can evaluate them for reliability?
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Zoey  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 5:12:04 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post

Does Real Self also offer 'University' courses as to how readers of reviews can evaluate them for reliability?

Haha that would probably eliminate 80 percent of the reviews.