logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline lucillenyc  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 22, 2017 2:35:58 PM(UTC)

Has anybody heard of this doctor? His lip lifts are quite impressive:

https://www.realself.com...lift?offset=10&sle=0

https://www.realself.com...r-lip?offset=4&sle=0

https://www.realself.com...oland?offset=8&sle=0

It looks like he goes further up the sides of the nostrils, avoiding that "hare lip" effect you see sometimes.
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Hoss  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 22, 2017 6:56:03 PM(UTC)

Edited by moderator Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:53:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Hoss requested removal of his comments subsequent to their being publicly viewable.

Offline Robin  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 22, 2017 7:59:48 PM(UTC)

wow that last one has a serious "lip greed" problem...
Offline lucillenyc  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 22, 2017 9:49:38 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Hoss Go to Quoted Post
I think his scars, without make up, look ______.

Yes, you're right. I found another patient here:

https://www.realself.com...lift?offset=55&sle=0

Her proportions are much better in the afters, but whoa - that scar! It's all I notice on her face in the 5 month pics.

Edited by moderator Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:54:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Hoss requested removal of his comments subsequent to their being publicly viewable.

Offline MissJ  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 10:48:54 AM(UTC)

Keep in mind that how a person heals is also a factor of how a scar looks. There are a number of variables as to how a scar looks. It's not a single variable function; eg. 'his' scars. They are her scars too in the sense her tendency toward scaring will differ from that of others. In general, lighter skin tones with thinner skin tend to scar better than darker skin tones with thicker skin.

Originally Posted by: Hoss Go to Quoted Post
I think his scars, without make up, look _______.

Edited by user Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:55:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Hoss requested removal of his comments subsequent to their being publicly viewable.

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Quno  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 1:45:52 PM(UTC)

I actually think they look fine.

I bet you anything no-one notices the scar as it's well under the base of the nose.

The real problems with lip lifts are associated with nostril distortion. I have much worse from mine but will hopefully get a revision soon.
Offline Hydroxyboy  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 3:31:12 PM(UTC)

I also wonder how the scar could have been better if this is a poor result?
Offline MissJ  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 4:10:08 PM(UTC)

The contour at the base of the nose factors into whether you see the scar. The gal with the olive tone skin where you see the scar has the type of base of nose contour that does not hide the scar that well.

Originally Posted by: Hydroxyboy Go to Quoted Post
I also wonder how the scar could have been better if this is a poor result?

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline MissJ  
#9 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 4:35:51 PM(UTC)

Oops. It's more of a matter of her POSING to show the scar, the orientation of her pose.

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
The contour at the base of the nose factors into whether you see the scar. The gal with the olive tone skin where you see the scar has the type of base of nose contour that does not hide the scar that well.

Offline Nim  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 6:42:31 PM(UTC)

Yes,.....she seems to be taking most of the pictures from below the nose, so as to show the incision line, or scar. Though,.....I would not call it a "scar" at this point in time. To me, a scar is what the incision as healed to, and what you are left with after the healing is done. I think this redish line will fade greatly in the next 6 months to a year,.......so, I would not consider it a scar yet.

Also,......I guess the point can be made that if one has a bit of an upturned nose, a scar will be more liable to be easily seen! Shorter people would probably be a bit ahead in the scar seeing game also,.....as most people that are taller than they are will not be looking up under their nostrils, but will have a vantage point of looking down at their features, hence, the scar will be harder to see most of the time in general conversation!
Skygirl5 from MMH
Offline Nim  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 6:45:37 PM(UTC)

Also, there is a Dr. Speigel in Boston that seems to be known for his feminization work on faces of trans women that seems to do a good lip lift.
Skygirl5 from MMH
Offline Sophia  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 9:20:09 PM(UTC)

How would a great healing person´s inscision line look after two weeks, a month? Are there any pictures to compare?
Offline Nim  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 26, 2017 11:22:25 AM(UTC)

If you go on Real Self and punch in lip lifts, there are many women showing their lip lift journey on a day to day basis.......with photos of their healing progress.
Skygirl5 from MMH
Offline Hydroxyboy  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 26, 2017 1:14:25 PM(UTC)

Yes, I see. All the pictures are from under. Maybe because she wants to show the scar on RS.

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
Oops. It's more of a matter of her POSING to show the scar, the orientation of her pose.

Offline MissJ  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 26, 2017 1:31:29 PM(UTC)

I think she's just being forthright to show that in some postures it can be seen but to also show she is happy with having a shorter lip. Of course, in other postures in normal circumstances and with make up, it would not be obvious to others.

Originally Posted by: Hydroxyboy Go to Quoted Post
Yes, I see. All the pictures are from under. Maybe because she wants to show the scar on RS.