logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MissJ  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 9, 2017 8:58:58 PM(UTC)

Well, it's about time I made a separate board for this given I coined the term 'max-fax' in 1998 and was one of the movers and shakers on PS message boards to call attention to this specialty when few in the PS venue even knew the option existed. Although I really don't push it solely for cosmetic reasons, in my many years, both publicly and privately advising people, I've advocated for it when I see that plastic surgery ALONE--even implants--won't 'mask' or 'mimic' certain kinds of maxillofacial imbalances. However, often implants can do a pretty good job when 'masking' or 'mimicking' is a good option.

Of course, max fax has been discussed on my board prior, there was just no separate board for it. Mostly because the software or 'functions' on the Admin board panel CHANGED such that I did not know how to work them as when the software was more simple. I think (I hope) I figured out how to do it without the tech guy. That said, if you would like to discuss this topic, here's the section for it. Also, if you see max fax topics floating around on the other sections that could be transferred here, let me know.

Note: Helps to have some prior familiarity with topic. Also, regarding photos; this board is open (view able by non private members).
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline MissJ  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 9, 2017 10:28:43 PM(UTC)

Just transferred a lot of max fax type posts here. SO MANY from years back. Too tedious to hunt down and transfer all of them though. Private members can use search function.
Offline Hydroxyboy  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2017 3:47:32 PM(UTC)

Great idea!
Offline MissJ  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2017 4:11:43 PM(UTC)

Thanx. There is a boat load of max fax topics in the archives which I've been ferreting out. But it's really tedious to transfer all of them. Some of them are many pages long and have to be looked at so they stay with that focus and not go off on a tangent of other topic. So, not all can be transferred at this point in time for open viewing.

For years I did not have a SEPARATE section for max-fax because the SOFTWARE kept changing the ADMIN panel where I could no longer recognize how to use it to set up more sections of my board. The prior advice from my tech guys was NOT to play around with stuff I did not understand because it could screw up the whole board. Also, with no separate NAMED category for the topic, there was no way to tell I covered this topic unless someone was a private member already.

Originally Posted by: Hydroxyboy Go to Quoted Post
Great idea!

Offline earl25  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2017 5:29:55 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
Well, it's about time I made a separate board for this given I coined the term 'max-fax' in 1998 and was one of the movers and shakers on PS message boards to call attention to this specialty when few in the PS venue even knew the option existed. Although I really don't push it solely for cosmetic reasons, in my many years, both publicly and privately advising people, I've advocated for it when I see that plastic surgery ALONE--even implants--won't 'mask' or 'mimic' certain kinds of maxillofacial imbalances. However, often implants can do a pretty good job when 'masking' or 'mimicking' is a good option.

Of course, max fax has been discussed on my board prior, there was just no separate board for it. Mostly because the software or 'functions' on the Admin board panel CHANGED such that I did not know how to work them as when the software was more simple. I think (I hope) I figured out how to do it without the tech guy. That said, if you would like to discuss this topic, here's the section for it. Also, if you see max fax topics floating around on the other sections that could be transferred here, let me know.

Note: Helps to have some prior familiarity with topic. Also, regarding photos; this board is open (view able by non private members).

Great. You were the one who started the maxfax revolution of 2006-2007. For us old timers of the old YTF days, back then ppl just got implants if they had a jaw/midface issue.

Offline MissJ  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2017 6:48:32 PM(UTC)

Thanx Earl.

I entered YTF in around 1998-2000 and would talk about it at that time too and ask why no discussion on that. Owner would just say because it's a 'plastic surgery' board. Also that she got some complaints from PSs as to my suggestions to cut face bones and move them around. So, it was even before 2006-2007. They banned me in 2006 after the board was (secretly) sold. 2006 was when I started talking about it on MMH when I signed up there.

I do remember, some time ago I told you that you needed to 'get your jaw bones cut and moved around' because that's HOW I would say it since most of the PS population was not familiar with term; 'maxillofacial surgery'. You thought I was crazy. lol

Originally Posted by: earl25 Go to Quoted Post
Great. You were the one who started the maxfax revolution of 2006-2007. For us old timers of the old YTF days, back then ppl just got implants if they had a jaw/midface issue.

Offline earl25  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2017 5:27:47 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
Thanx Earl.

I entered YTF in around 1998-2000 and would talk about it at that time too and ask why no discussion on that. Owner would just say because it's a 'plastic surgery' board. Also that she got some complaints from PSs as to my suggestions to cut face bones and move them around. So, it was even before 2006-2007. They banned me in 2006 after the board was (secretly) sold. 2006 was when I started talking about it on MMH when I signed up there.

I do remember, some time ago I told you that you needed to 'get your jaw bones cut and moved around' because that's HOW I would say it since most of the PS population was not familiar with term; 'maxillofacial surgery'. You thought I was crazy. lol

lol. I remember that. In all honesty , yes, I remember thinking wow this b*tch is crazy ,after reading about how i need bone cutting surgery. IMO it was a great decision and I do owe you big time. Even though the lefort 3 didnt make me tom cruise i also feel better I did that than implants
Offline MissJ  
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2017 5:37:10 PM(UTC)

Thanx earl. Ya, at the time it was 'out there' to suggest bone cutting surgeries to PS people. But some people are not PS people. Now, it's the other way around, PS people, who would benefit from implants want their face bones cut up.

Originally Posted by: earl25 Go to Quoted Post
lol. I remember that. In all honesty , yes, I remember thinking wow this b*tch is crazy ,after reading about how i need bone cutting surgery. IMO it was a great decision and I do owe you big time. Even though the lefort 3 didnt make me tom cruise i also feel better I did that than implants

Offline Quno  
#9 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 1:47:01 PM(UTC)

Is this board a private board by any chance or is it public?
Offline MissJ  
#10 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 4:11:56 PM(UTC)

Public.

Originally Posted by: Quno Go to Quoted Post
Is this board a private board by any chance or is it public?

User is suspended until 6/26/7493 5:45:49 PM(UTC) Mpjanic15  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 3:53:19 PM(UTC)

missj, i love this forum because it's closed. if there's an open board i won't be comfortable posting there as i would in other boards. could you lock the access to the max fac board?
Offline MissJ  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 4:11:58 PM(UTC)

You post plenty openly on JSF and no, I'm not at the point where I'm going to make the max fax forum locked. There are many shared members on both forums.

Originally Posted by: Mpjanic15 Go to Quoted Post
missj, i love this forum because it's closed. if there's an open board i won't be comfortable posting there as i would in other boards. could you lock the access to the max fac board?

Offline MissJ  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 4:51:40 PM(UTC)

When I say this section is 'public', I mean it's READ ONLY for non-members. Non members can't post in here.