logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Chris K  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 7:32:04 PM(UTC)

Woman
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline maybellineo  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 9:09:01 PM(UTC)

Wow, is all I can say!! I bet she gets carded in bars. Lol. I love her chin. Does everyone think it's nice, or too pointy?

Maybellineo
Offline Quno  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 8:57:27 PM(UTC)

Looks like she had the full Korean-over.

It really does work though. I often wish I was Asian so I could go and get the same cookie-cutter job and look young forever.
Offline delilah  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 11:18:55 AM(UTC)

A pet peeve of mine is when articles like this say the person looks like they "are in their 20's" when they most certainly do not. I mean- yes she looks AMAZING. She could pass for 34, but she does not look like she's in her 20's.
Offline Larazelle  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 2:55:09 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: delilah Go to Quoted Post
A pet peeve of mine is when articles like this say the person looks like they "are in their 20's" when they most certainly do not. I mean- yes she looks AMAZING. She could pass for 34, but she does not look like she's in her 20's.

Some women in their late 20s or even mid 20s start to look older and could pass for 34 - so if she could pass for 34 then she could also pass for being in her mid to late twenties - LOL -

Having said the above - WHAT do you think makes her pass for 34 and not in her twenties?

Offline Homicidal Goat  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 11, 2017 7:05:54 AM(UTC)

Man
She looks her age to me. Maybe even slightly older, actually, just well maintained. The youngest she could pass for is mid-40's, certainly not mid-30's/late 20's and nobody with eyes is going to card her.
Offline Robin  
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 11, 2017 9:09:03 AM(UTC)

I also don't think she looks THAT young if you just look at her face. her cheeks are way overfilled in a way that doesn't mimic youth. the smooth skin, good hair and decent body contribute to the overall appearance of youth. And in every single picture she is pursing her lips/smiling slightly to keep the jowls from showing and cheeks uplifted... she has probably trained herself to walk around that way.
Offline delilah  
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 12, 2017 10:57:20 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Larazelle Go to Quoted Post
------------
Some women in their late 20s or even mid 20s start to look older and could pass for 34 - so if she could pass for 34 then she could also pass for being in her mid to late twenties - LOL -

Having said the above - WHAT do you think makes her pass for 34 and not in her twenties?

Yes, but I don't think we're not talking about "some" people. We're talking about what someone could believably pass for. As in they could say they are that age and you wouldn't respond with a sarcastic "Right- Sure you are!"

So I was being conservative when I said she could pass for 34. I meant that is the youngest she could say she is without making the other person laugh. Hard to tell with photos though because these photos seem like they were taken professionally, in which case the absolute best of the series of photos would be chosen.

In any case, I didn't say it to nitpick. Because the truth is she does look great for her age. I just really hate how media tends to exaggerate things. I just don't think it's helpful when they do that. Age defying people are always expressed as looking like they're in their "twenties" in the media no matter how clearly untrue it is. The reason of course is simply because they know more people will attempt to read the article if they use "20's" rather than a more realistic decade.

http://www.dailymail.co....eals-stays-youthful.html
Offline Robin  
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 12, 2017 3:01:47 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: delilah Go to Quoted Post
Yes, but I don't think we're not talking about "some" people. We're talking about what someone could believably pass for. As in they could say they are that age and you wouldn't respond with a sarcastic "Right- Sure you are!"

So I was being conservative when I said she could pass for 34. I meant that is the youngest she could say she is without making the other person laugh. Hard to tell with photos though because these photos seem like they were taken professionally, in which case the absolute best of the series of photos would be chosen.

In any case, I didn't say it to nitpick. Because the truth is she does look great for her age. I just really hate how media tends to exaggerate things. I just don't think it's helpful when they do that. Age defying people are always expressed as looking like they're in their "twenties" in the media no matter how clearly untrue it is. The reason of course is simply because they know more people will attempt to read the article if they use "20's" rather than a more realistic decade.

http://www.dailymail.co....eals-stays-youthful.html

ooof... that one made me cringe. blurry photos, heavy tan... dear lord. yes she looks good. yes she has a better figure than many women, even in their 20s... but looks like she's in her 20s? No way. take a look at the wrinkling around her lips in the one shot where she's not making a cutsie selfie face...
Offline Sophia  
#10 Posted : Sunday, March 12, 2017 6:00:24 PM(UTC)

She looks like in her thirties, actually if I compare her to the Chinese mums in my kids school, she looks like she is in her late thirties. There are small giveaways to her age. The chin and nose are not natural. And she had a facelift and fillers. "Good bedtime routine and calm mind" must be the Chinese version of "I watch my diet and drink lots of water".
Offline Chris K  
#11 Posted : Sunday, March 12, 2017 7:15:12 PM(UTC)

Woman
Originally Posted by: Sophia Go to Quoted Post
She looks like in her thirties, actually if I compare her to the Chinese mums in my kids school, she looks like she is in her late thirties. There are small giveaways to her age. The chin and nose are not natural. And she had a facelift and fillers. "Good bedtime routine and calm mind" must be the Chinese version of "I watch my diet and drink lots of water".

its a great line and i use it all the time