logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Anya77  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 9:15:24 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 10/19/2008(UTC)
Posts: 586
Location: West Coast
This girl is brave to have both gone through this and to have posted her photos online but I honestly don't think this surgery was done well and feel bad for her and her result. As an aside; are only positive responses allowed on RealSelf? Most of hers were positive, some even glowing!!

Here's the link; https://www.realself.com...-corner-lip-lift-journeyhttps://www.realself.com/review/...-corner-lip-lift-journey
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Hoss  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 9:32:37 PM(UTC)
Rank: Unapproved: write to MissJ521@aol.com for approval

Joined: 1/3/2016(UTC)
Posts: 875
.

Edited by moderator Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:56:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Hoss requested removal of his comments subsequent to their being publicly viewable.

Offline Anya77  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 9:54:49 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 10/19/2008(UTC)
Posts: 586
Location: West Coast
@Hoss- you bring up a good point and one I never considered before; photos in reviews are necessary for both reasons as what one patient finds totally acceptable, most wouldn't.
Offline Zoey  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 10:29:10 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,560
Originally Posted by: Hoss Go to Quoted Post

RealSelf do allow negative reviews... however according to ______


Yes they have vanished. Even ones with pictures.

Edited by moderator Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:57:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Hoss requested removal of his comments subsequent to their being publicly viewable.

Offline Zoey  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 10:32:06 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,560
I agree, she has awful scaring from her corner lift plus she got that medialized lip lift which left her looking the same as before but now she has awful scars.

Originally Posted by: Anya77 Go to Quoted Post
This girl is brave to have both gone through this and to have posted her photos online but I honestly don't think this surgery was done well and feel bad for her and her result. As an aside; are only positive responses allowed on RealSelf? Most of hers were positive, some even glowing!!

Here's the link; https://www.realself.com...-corner-lip-lift-journeyhttps://www.realself.com/review/...-corner-lip-lift-journey


Offline nightowl  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 10:35:04 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 8/11/2014(UTC)
Posts: 335
I don't think her result is very good - I dislike criticizing other people's PS results, but to me, this does look a bit like poor scarring/mutilation as Hoss mentioned. If Haworth considers this an acceptable result then I would question his abilities and aesthetics. I think her lips looked better before, and it may have been wiser for her to have done fillers with a good doctor instead of Haworth's overpriced liplift for $7000.
Offline Zoey  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 10:41:45 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,560
7,000 is just for the corner lift "when she got it". He seems to be raising his prices every couple of months. Apparently, his regular lip lift costs $30,000 now. That poster is getting a lip lift with Spiegel in Boston in Feb. and she states that the only reason why she is not going to Haworth is because she cannot afford him. Amazing, especially since she states that she spent $2,000.00 on scar treatments after her Haworth surgery.


Originally Posted by: nightowl Go to Quoted Post
I don't think her result is very good - I dislike criticizing other people's PS results, but to me, this does look a bit like poor scarring/mutilation as Hoss mentioned. If Haworth considers this an acceptable result then I would question his abilities and aesthetics. I think her lips looked better before, and it may have been wiser for her to have done fillers with a good doctor instead of Haworth's overpriced liplift for $7000.
Offline nightowl  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 11:31:23 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 8/11/2014(UTC)
Posts: 335
Originally Posted by: Zoey Go to Quoted Post
7,000 is just for the corner lift "when she got it". He seems to be raising his prices every couple of months. Apparently, his regular lip lift costs $30,000 now. That poster is getting a lip lift with Spiegel in Boston in Feb. and she states that the only reason why she is not going to Haworth is because she cannot afford him. Amazing, especially since she states that she spent $2,000.00 on scar treatments after her Haworth surgery.


$30000 wtf - is he smoking crack????????? I seriously wouldn't touch Haworth with a ten foot barge pole. He's starting to believe his own hype and drinking far too much of the Beverly Hills koolaid!

Offline kim1  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2017 2:09:33 AM(UTC)
Rank: Unapproved: write to MissJ521@aol.com for approval

Joined: 10/8/2008(UTC)
Posts: 171
^^^ hahaha
Offline ahappycamper  
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2017 8:22:28 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/15/2009(UTC)
Posts: 273
Man
Location: California
That's Beverly Hills for ya
Offline MissJ  
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2017 3:09:15 PM(UTC)
Rank: Administration

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 26,474
Interesting patient. Had or will have had MANY lip interventions. Has an entry about picking off the surgical glue of a LL before it's time.


Starts with super long labial ledge. Much of problem is from the nose orientation. Overly open nose/lip angle. Says rev rhino experts could not elongate nose. Location is in close surrounds of Dr. Naderi. Wonder if she ever consulted there.


'Acceptable scar'? IDK. Looks like a trade-off for an excessively long labial ledge and the skin folds she started with sprouting from the oral comissures and having prior scar tissue from prior lip work.

Just looks to me that she will accept some scarring in exchange for making the excessively long labial ledge less long. She'd have to accept some more scar tissue with each repeated LL she gets.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.


If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Hoss  
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2017 4:21:54 PM(UTC)
Rank: Unapproved: write to MissJ521@aol.com for approval

Joined: 1/3/2016(UTC)
Posts: 875
I guess it all comes down to your own expectations and tolerances. For me I would rather have a ______

Edited by moderator Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:58:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Hoss requested removal of his comments subsequent to their being publicly viewable.

Offline Robin  
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2017 4:26:58 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/7/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2,996
Location: No PMs

I think her pics at 9 months post show a great improvement from her pre-op lip, Whether the scar is worth it or not I guess is a personal choice and she seems to be comfortable with it. The nasal-lip area doesn't look great though, as she acknowledges... still very long, and the puffy philtrum (she says from fat grafting).
Offline Anya77  
#14 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2017 1:46:41 AM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 10/19/2008(UTC)
Posts: 586
Location: West Coast
Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
Interesting patient. Had or will have had MANY lip interventions. Has an entry about picking off the surgical glue of a LL before it's time.


Starts with super long labial ledge. Much of problem is from the nose orientation. Overly open nose/lip angle. Says rev rhino experts could not elongate nose. Location is in close surrounds of Dr. Naderi. Wonder if she ever consulted there.


'Acceptable scar'? IDK. Looks like a trade-off for an excessively long labial ledge and the skin folds she started with sprouting from the oral comissures and having prior scar tissue from prior lip work.

Just looks to me that she will accept some scarring in exchange for making the excessively long labial ledge less long. She'd have to accept some more scar tissue with each repeated LL she gets.


Thanks Miss J, I never even thought to look at her open nose/ lip angle; that makes a lot of sense. Interesting though she's claiming she looks 15 years younger that's a big difference! Also interesting that she is going on to do more lip work.
Offline MissJ  
#15 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2017 12:27:04 PM(UTC)
Rank: Administration

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 26,474
Well, IF instead you had asked; 'Is this an acceptable DOCTOR', one who:

a: Gets a lot of patients due to his being a TV doctor (Extreme make-over)

b: Treats some of them who travel to see him, due to his FAME, with reckless disregard as in not showing up because he 'CAN' do that and 'because' his fame will just bring more patients falling in his lap--so what should he care if he stiffs a few who sacrifice a lot to get there--

c: Does not even cut a past patient a break who would like to see him again BUT can't because he upped his prices...

My answer would have been 'NO'. You did not ask the right question. LOL.


Originally Posted by: Anya77 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Miss J, I never even thought to look at her open nose/ lip angle; that makes a lot of sense. Interesting though she's claiming she looks 15 years younger that's a big difference! Also interesting that she is going on to do more lip work.


Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.


If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Previous Topic Next Topic
3 Pages123>
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.