logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline macaroon lover  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 2:10:17 AM(UTC)

I have been thinking for a long time to do a hair transplantation to my eyebrows and on one side of my forehead/hairline (is is quite asymmetric). I did a little bit of reading and there seem to be different methods. What do you know about this surgery in general? Is it a big kind a deal?

I have tried a lot with my eyebrows, but the are just very thin and short and even careprost didn't help as much as I feel like I need it.

What is your opinion?
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Robin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 8:05:16 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: macaroon lover Go to Quoted Post
I have been thinking for a long time to do a hair transplantation to my eyebrows and on one side of my forehead/hairline (is is quite asymmetric). I did a little bit of reading and there seem to be different methods. What do you know about this surgery in general? Is it a big kind a deal?

I have tried a lot with my eyebrows, but the are just very thin and short and even careprost didn't help as much as I feel like I need it.

What is your opinion?

jeffrey epstien Miami. does a lot of womens HT, and tons on eyebrows. I used him for my hairline and a girlfriend of mine used him for frontal baldness and eyebrows. Nice guy and does great work. I need to go have my eyebrows done but can't find the time!
Offline Mike D  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 8:17:37 AM(UTC)

In addition to Robin's doc, check out my doc, Dr. Ron Shapiro in Minneapolis. He's focused exclusively on hair transplantation and wrote "the book" that most HT docs have in their office on technique, Nice guy and he did a great job on my hairline. I know he does eyebrows and also sees a lot of women, but I haven't seen any ih person.

Not meant to take away from Robin's recommendation. The fact that she has experience w/Epstein says a lot for him. Just giving you another option if you want one.

You might also want to check out the Hair Transplant Network Forum. It's much like this but forum, but more commercial and has more members. It was a decent resource when I was trying to decide who to go to.
Offline macaroon lover  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 8:18:07 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Robin Go to Quoted Post
jeffrey epstien Miami. does a lot of womens HT, and tons on eyebrows. I used him for my hairline and a girlfriend of mine used him for frontal baldness and eyebrows. Nice guy and does great work. I need to go have my eyebrows done but can't find the time!

Thank you!! How was the surgery itself? How long until you look normal? May I ask how much you (or your friend) paid?
Offline macaroon lover  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 8:20:39 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Mike D Go to Quoted Post
In addition to Robin's doc, check out my doc, Dr. Ron Shapiro in Minneapolis. He's focused exclusively on hair transplantation and wrote "the book" that most HT docs have in their office on technique, Nice guy and he did a great job on my hairline. I know he does eyebrows and also sees a lot of women, but I haven't seen any ih person.

Not meant to take away from Robin's recommendation. The fact that she has experience w/Epstein says a lot for him. Just giving you another option if you want one.

You might also want to check out the Hair Transplant Network Forum. It's much like this but forum, but more commercial and has more members. It was a decent resource when I was trying to decide who to go to.

Thank you Mike! I will also check out the forum and Dr Shapiro
Offline Mike D  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 8:27:18 AM(UTC)

Ps - just read your message again. The surgery is no big deal at all. There are two methods, generally speaking-- FUE and FUT (the "strip" method). FUE is where they take out little tiny "punches" and isolate each tiny hair for insertion. The "strip" method, or FUT is where they take a strip of hair out through an actual incision and then divide that into tiny grafts before implanting them.

The disadvantage of the FUE/punch method is that you have to shave the donor area (at least that was the case 3 yrs ago). So, while it is less invasive than the strip method, you are left with a shaved patch on the back of your head while you heal. The strip method, which I had isn't as big of a deal as it seems. It was painless (except for the numbing shot), and really left a very thin scar that was easy to cover with surrounding hair while I recovered. It healed very well. My hairstylist can't see it, nor can my partner.
Offline macaroon lover  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 8:29:53 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Mike D Go to Quoted Post
Ps - just read your message again. The surgery is no big deal at all. There are two methods, generally speaking-- FUE and FUT (the "strip" method). FUE is where they take out little tiny "punches" and isolate each tiny hair for insertion. The "strip" method, or FUT is where they take a strip of hair out through an actual incision and then divide that into tiny grafts before implanting them.

The disadvantage of the FUE/punch method is that you have to shave the donor area (at least that was the case 3 yrs ago). So, while it is less invasive than the strip method, you are left with a shaved patch on the back of your head while you heal. The strip method, which I had isn't as big of a deal as it seems. It was painless (except for the numbing shot), and really left a very thin scar that was easy to cover with surrounding hair while I recovered. It healed very well. My hairstylist can't see it, nor can my partner.

Thank you :) and how long till you looked normal again? I heard that one is swollen for a while...
Offline Mike D  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 9:08:51 AM(UTC)

I was only swollen for about 3-4 days. My dr prescribed prednisone for the first few days, so maybe that helped.
Offline kk25  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2017 12:25:41 AM(UTC)

Dr Baubac Beverly Hills is great.
Offline Hoss  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2017 4:16:02 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: kk25 Go to Quoted Post
Dr Baubac Beverly Hills is great.

Isn’t he the guy who trained with / worked for Armani and then become the ‘front’ of the business after Armani was finally struck off? Before going near the guy, I would suggest anyone read about the background to that clinic.
Offline Chris K  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2017 9:57:29 PM(UTC)

Woman
I know sterlingrose grafted some arm pit hair to her brows by some doctor in Texas. She said they were a bit kinky but would use relaxer to straighten them. This was after her dr marten facelift FYI
Offline Winny  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2017 10:32:35 PM(UTC)

Chris K I am actually lol
Offline Greg  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 5:44:02 AM(UTC)

Man
United Kingdom
When I had transplants to the lateral portion of my eyebrows to fill then in, the hair was taken from my legs because it's a better texture match than scalp hair--hair needs to be able to lay perfectly flat for eyebrows.
Offline Hydroxyboy  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 9:30:22 AM(UTC)

Oh wow, I have never heard that before but makes perfect sense. You probably have to cut less often than with hair transplanted from your head.... Where did you have it done if I may ask?

Originally Posted by: Greg Go to Quoted Post
When I had transplants to the lateral portion of my eyebrows to fill then in, the hair was taken from my legs because it's a better texture match than scalp hair--hair needs to be able to lay perfectly flat for eyebrows.