logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline UrbanEast  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 8:19:57 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Larazelle Go to Quoted Post
---------------
Of course having beauty AND brains would be the best combination - lol - however if I had a choice with my kids I would rather they be a bit MORE intelligent than beautiful - I think in the long run beautiful people are not as happy as intelligent ones - however with women beauty is a great asset - with men not so much...I do like very smart men too - my last bf was a physicist.

Totally agree with this. I only date men who are smarter than I am. Also, for men, power and position are worth more on the dating market than looks.
Offline Sylvan  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 5:34:06 AM(UTC)

Still, they do matter, and often aspects of good looks feed into those things anyway.
Offline Larazelle  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 2:41:10 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Sylvan Go to Quoted Post
Still, they do matter, and often aspects of good looks feed into those things anyway.

You are right Sylvan - what "delights" the eye sometimes defeats what delights the mind - but it also depends on what the person finds important.

But way back before plastic surgery Aristotle said "A pleasing countenance is no mean advantage"

Offline Beholder  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, July 4, 2017 12:07:38 AM(UTC)

Yes!! George you are right. I've been thinking the same thing which I think is why we have guilt when PS goes wrong like maybe we think we should have just let ourselves alone. When you are botched you feel guilt because you feel like you tried to cheat nature and now look what happened. At least that was the way I felt which is why now I am so terrified to get a facelift. Great question!!!