logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 10/4/4299 7:09:47 PM(UTC) Revisionseeker  
#16 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2016 6:10:59 PM(UTC)

It's been a useful way for me to leave a stain on my first rhino surgeon's google result...Boo hoo!
Offline JLA  
#17 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 4:43:20 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: David_D Go to Quoted Post
Doesn't it make sense to use Yelp to review cosmetic surgeons? I think that Yelp is pretty good at creating a space in which consumers can give their viewpoints, and it's not associated mainly with any particular market segment.

Yeah, i think Yelp is far away better then then the other sites for getting the truth out. It's far from perfect but they don't remove negative reviews like most of the other review sites.

A doctor I can't mention is now recently out of business and that had allot to do with Yelp. https://www.yelp.com/biz...yelid-center-los-angeles
Offline Nikki613  
#18 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 7:37:15 PM(UTC)

Woman
Canada
Originally Posted by: Zoey Go to Quoted Post
Besides all the fake reviews, removed negative reviews, now within the body of the actual reviews they have all these pop ups of their "advertised top doctors". These are different doctors than the ones being reviewed. It is so tacky and overdone. It appears as though the advertised doctor is the one being reviewed. I still can't get over how they determine who their "top docs" are, the ones who answer the most questions. If they have the time to answer questions and tweet all day long then I doubt they are very busy. Give me a break!!

And the one's who pay!! There's some "top Docs" with 3 stars!!!!

Offline JLA  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 1:22:22 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Nikki613 Go to Quoted Post
And the one's who pay!! There's some "top Docs" with 3 stars!!!!

Make me heal is the same way. Part of their Top Doctor package is the complete removal of any negative reviews on their site. Guaranteed 5 stars. My doc did it and the next day my review and any others less then complimentary were taken off.

You'd think they'd leave one or two bad reviews in just to make it a tad believable though. You'd have to be the most naive of the naive to believe those reviews.
Offline cybergirl  
#20 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2016 1:17:51 PM(UTC)

Somewhat related to this topic (and it may have been posted here before). I see Guyuron took legal action against patients who left bad reviews on a few sites like Realself and RateMds.
http://digitalcommons.la...5&context=historical
Offline ditterbo  
#21 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2016 2:22:54 PM(UTC)

This is why people don't disclose their docs in public forums, right? Plastic surgeons want people to review them except when their work is objectively terrible. I've got a ridiculously long realself review I've wanted to link to my op doc, but instead had to use it as a threat when he demanded I give him my insurance reimbursement that totaled above his surgical quote. He's gone quiet after I repeatedly unloaded on him in email. Screw size and implant size were completely under his control, and he admitted both were bad decisions in email and in post op visits... too bad the bar for malpractice in plastic surgery is so high.

BTW I see in that link that Guyron was also sueing for damages from that defendant's Yelp review.
Offline lamb  
#22 Posted : Sunday, October 2, 2016 12:15:51 AM(UTC)

sometimes its the other way around and they are dealing with unreasonable or malicious patients and need to defend themselves if they feel it untrue. i support that.

yes we have talked about that G case.