logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zoey  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 6:41:23 PM(UTC)

Besides all the fake reviews, removed negative reviews, now within the body of the actual reviews they have all these pop ups of their "advertised top doctors". These are different doctors than the ones being reviewed. It is so tacky and overdone. It appears as though the advertised doctor is the one being reviewed. I still can't get over how they determine who their "top docs" are, the ones who answer the most questions. If they have the time to answer questions and tweet all day long then I doubt they are very busy. Give me a break!!
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline ditterbo  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 9:24:00 PM(UTC)

Agreed.. I noticed, for example, a reviewer wrote in the title that his surgery was "botched", and it was quickly deleted by the mods. I can't recall if he named the surgeon or not.
Offline MissJ  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 10:14:46 PM(UTC)

I get a kick out of one of their 'top docs', (Blinsky). He answers MANY MANY questions but the 'answer' is frequently the same thing: 'Consult in person with a board certified PS'. There is another one named Samir or something like that who does similar.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Zoey  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 6:33:42 PM(UTC)

Apparently they pay to be positioned in the middle of another docs reviews.
It's called PRO Status.

Offline nightowl  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 11:08:50 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
I get a kick out of one of their 'top docs', (Blinsky). He answers MANY MANY questions but the 'answer' is frequently the same thing: 'Consult in person with a board certified PS'. There is another one named Samir or something like that who does similar.

Blinski should have retired years ago - he has some bad reviews too. I do NOT trust RS at all, and their mods refuse to remove blatantly fake "rave" reviews that are 99% likely to have come from the doc's own office staff. And then there are the fashionable docs who the sheeple rave and ooh and aah over: Dr Bray (Bray Babes), Dr Arguello (the Costa Rican lounge lizard), and the erstwhile Dr Harley (they call themselves the Harley Honey's - URGHHHH!), who operates in a "quaint" shabby Grandma room on his property. Sorry if I sound a tad cynical - I am.

And here's my personal favorite: MissJ, check out this "rave" review for fat transfer that is clearly PHOTOSHOPPED! Even my cat could have see through this BS.
https://www.realself.com...-new-lease-life?offset=8

UserPostedImage
Offline MissJ  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 12:05:00 AM(UTC)

Well, one thing I noticed that RS removes is mention of THIS message board. LOL

Originally Posted by: nightowl Go to Quoted Post
Blinski should have retired years ago - he has some bad reviews too. I do NOT trust RS at all, and their mods refuse to remove blatantly fake "rave" reviews that are 99% likely to have come from the doc's own office staff. And then there are the fashionable docs who the sheeple rave and ooh and aah over: Dr Bray (Bray Babes), Dr Arguello (the Costa Rican lounge lizard), and the erstwhile Dr Harley (they call themselves the Harley Honey's - URGHHHH!), who operates in a "quaint" shabby Grandma room on his property. Sorry if I sound a tad cynical - I am.

And here's my personal favorite: MissJ, check out this "rave" review for fat transfer that is clearly PHOTOSHOPPED! Even my cat could have see through this BS.

UserPostedImage

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline David_D  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 10:26:50 AM(UTC)

Man
Originally Posted by: nightowl Go to Quoted Post

UserPostedImage

This concerns me about that surgeon you mention: http://coane.com/2013/10...-for-age-discrimination/

I wouldn't object to him outlining his side of the story. He didn't do that; instead, he implies that his former employee was ripped off by her attorney, leading to the end of her relationship with her employer. What's left unclear to me if it was in fact he or his employer that ended the working relationship by terminating her. His communication on this strikes me as not above board.
Offline MissJ  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 12:57:38 PM(UTC)

Years back during the time of YTF, he was involved with the SAME unethical corporate entity that took over YTF. It was a branch of the company; 'Virtrue' which had some subsidiary called 'Lookmybest' (something like that) which was a CREDIT lending outfit. It had doctors join it. I lodged a complaint about the corporate entity at the time as it was the one that took over YTF which BANNED me from participating and instructed their mods to do unethical stuff right after the corporate take over.

Long story, but it appears he hooks up with these questionable corporate entities. I wonder if the recent one was a rehash of the first one as these VIRTRUE branches had a history of morphing into something else after ethical infractions and then going out of business. They just start up again as another unethical corporate entity and erase their prior tracks.

If the new corporate entity he joined up with had his long term secretary laid off due to age discrimination, it does kind of sound like that entity could have been a remorph of the prior unethical one. It's the entity that laid her off. Not Blinsky himself.

That said, he seems to be sucked into these questionable corporate entities that promise to market what ever group of doctors joins it. He's not a bad doctor. I just think he needs to WEEN himself from getting involved with these corporate outfits of questionable integrity.

Offline David_D  
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 3:50:43 PM(UTC)

Man
Doesn't it make sense to use Yelp to review cosmetic surgeons? I think that Yelp is pretty good at creating a space in which consumers can give their viewpoints, and it's not associated mainly with any particular market segment.
Offline MissJ  
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 9:46:04 PM(UTC)

Some people use Yelp. But there is more INTERACTION with a site devoted to PS that has a message board set up where patients can address the person making the review.

Offline David_D  
#11 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 12:18:34 PM(UTC)

Man
Some people use Yelp. But there is more INTERACTION with a site devoted to PS that has a message board set up where patients can address the person making the review.

That's a good point. I think it's a good idea to review multiple sources of information. For me, one of those sources is Yelp. I especially value reviews from Yelp users that have more than a few Yelp reviews for different businesses. If a Yelp review is associated with a user with no Yelp friends who has made only 1 or 2 reviews, I generally discount it almost completely.

Offline nightowl  
#12 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 7:51:57 PM(UTC)

Well, one thing I noticed that RS removes is mention of THIS message board. LOL

That's because this is one of the very few HONEST boards about plastic surgeons, and the only one I trust. RS is like those late night commercials/ direct TV ads from the 90's/QVC.
Offline nightowl  
#13 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 7:59:21 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: David_D Go to Quoted Post
Doesn't it make sense to use Yelp to review cosmetic surgeons? I think that Yelp is pretty good at creating a space in which consumers can give their viewpoints, and it's not associated mainly with any particular market segment.

Unfortunately, Yelp also has some cray-cray reviewers who fly under the radar and post under multiple names if they have a specific vendetta against a doctor, like Marsha H from Burlingame who is a few beers short of a six pack, and insists on re-posting horrid reviews against a doctor whom many here on Miss J's forum trust. There are also those who say they have not even been to the doctor, but gave him a 1 star review because the wait was too long for them to get in to see him. Basically it boils down to word of mouth and having someone we can trust to help us make decisions like MissJ and others with REAL experiences on this forum.

Offline lamb  
#14 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 10:21:11 PM(UTC)

Thank God for MissJ's!!
Offline MissJ  
#15 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 10:34:31 PM(UTC)

thanx for the kind words.