logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MissJ  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 13, 2016 4:12:40 PM(UTC)

Posting Photos:

You may post a photo from your Personal Computer Files by doing the following:

a: Lodge a post.
b: Look at the post you just made which will have a MENU BAR to it.
c: On the Menu Bar, Hit 'attach' button
d: Hit 'Choose File' Button.
e: Choose the photo file you would like to attach to your post. THe file name will then appear
next to the 'Choose File Button'
f: Hit 'UPLOAD' button to the right
e: Then hit 'BACK' button and you should see your photo inside your post.

Tips:
Use Jpeg or Jpg file extensions

Keep your file size around 300 KB and not very HUGE file sizes in the MB range as the system might not work for really 'weird' file extentions or excessively large file sizes in the MB range.

When you put photos into your post using the boards system, you can 'unattach' them at any time and also people clicking the quote button to respond to your post won't be able to copy your photos into thier posts.

If you don't want someone copying your photo, for example to make a morph where you would later like to have the option of removing your photo which will be found in ANOTHER person's post, write 'DO NOT COPY' onto your post where you include your photo.

Other options:

Use a photo sharing site such as; imgur.com/ where you can post your photo. Post the link to it on the board.

It is better to just post the LINK to your photo than to have the photo appear inside your post (which one does by hitting the button with 'mountain and sun' symbol which surrounds the link with brackets to make it appear in the post). That's because when the photo from a photo sharing site is made to appear directly in the post, it can be copied into other people's posts when they hit the 'quote'button and then you got the photo copied into MANY people's posts where you don't have access to the edit button on their posts to remove your photo. Hence, you just post the LINK to it and when you want to REMOVE your photo, you remove it from the image storing site you posted it on.

There are other photo sharing sites but imgur seems to be a straight forward one that seems to work here. Also it's BEYOND my tech understanding to coach how to post photos when someone is using a weird file extension, excessively LARGE file sizes, a device other than their home computer or other GLITCH sites that give ERRORS when trying to view a photo.

Please don't link your photo to a site that allows excessively large MB ranges for a photo where the person clicking the link, then has the photo downloaded into their download files. When I click on a link to someone's photo, I don't want it going into my download files.

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline bonnietx  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 10:30:06 PM(UTC)

My photo file size is too large so I'll have to find a photo sharing app
Offline bonnietx  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 10:37:45 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: bonnietx Go to Quoted Post
My photo file size is too large so I'll have to find a photo sharing app

Offline MissJ  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 11:15:53 PM(UTC)

...or a photo editor where you can reduce the file size.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.