logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline george  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2015 7:23:24 PM(UTC)

Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting a genioplasty next year. However I dont know who to choose. I had Dr Guyuron in mind but I have heard some negative comments in regards to his genioplasties.

I have Niamtu, Wittenberg, Jamali, and Arnett or Gunson.

I understand there is risk to every surgery but I want to get it right the first time.

Do you guys have any suggestions?
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Fender  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2015 7:24:13 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: george Go to Quoted Post
Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting a genioplasty next year. However I dont know who to choose. I had Dr Guyuron in mind but I have heard some negative comments in regards to his genioplasties.

I have Niamtu, Wittenberg, Jamali, and Arnett or Gunson.

I understand there is risk to every surgery but I want to get it right the first time.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Not sure why you'd want a genioplasty when you can get a chin wing with chin visor osteotomy, and for that I believe Triaca is the best in the world.
Offline george  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2015 10:30:11 AM(UTC)

Because I live in the United States and not in Europe
Offline Fender  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2015 5:56:18 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: george Go to Quoted Post
Because I live in the United States and not in Europe

From what I understand the price difference is such between US and EU surgeons it might not be that much more including travel to see a European.

Either way, all I can say is I would strongly consider your options. There are some surgeons who offer chin wings in the US too.

Also, if you're getting a sliding genio you'd want to look into who can do it with a chin visor as that's the only way you're going to get a guaranteed stable labiomental fold improvement. I'm having that done soon so can report back with how it goes if you like.
Offline Sylvan  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2015 4:32:25 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Fender Go to Quoted Post
Not sure why you'd want a genioplasty when you can get a chin wing with chin visor osteotomy, and for that I believe Triaca is the best in the world.

Are these procedures less invasive alternatives to genio?
Offline Fender  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2015 7:27:38 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Sylvan Go to Quoted Post
Are these procedures less invasive alternatives to genio?

No, more bone being cut means more invasive. However as the occlusion isn't involved the recovery times are much shorter. After two weeks major swelling is gone, at 6 months you have the final result.

The advantage is simply that you're able to influence more of the bone and soft-tissue. It's like a chin implant vs a jaw implant. My personal opinion is also that a sliding genio produces unnatural results because it's pushing the chin further forward than natural occurs, so you get a weird shaped jaw. A chin wing moves it all as a unit so you look natural. Furthermore, chin visor will improve the deep labiomental fold almost all but the most minor of sliding genios will develop.
Offline MissJ  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 5:36:52 PM(UTC)

It involves a bone harvest of the hip pelvis area to fill in the gap made by it doesn't it?
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.
Offline Sylvan  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 3:07:51 PM(UTC)

I'll definitely checking him out. It's interesting that he also explores functional issues, like snoring, which is something I've been suffering from for the past year or so. I've always had bad breathing, for some reason, in spite of not having asthma and not being overweight by much.
Offline jdmengine  
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 8, 2017 2:27:16 AM(UTC)

whats the chin visor entail? any websites with info and before and afters?