logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zoey  
#31 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2017 11:45:37 AM(UTC)

Eden,
Did your friend have her Harley face lift in December? Did she post a review on Realself. I still cannot believe the business he is getting.

Originally Posted by: eden Go to Quoted Post
Gee my friend is planning to go to him December, she has spoken to sooooo many people that simply love their face. I don't know, I hope she is not going to make a mistake. They claim his lifts last 10 yrs...
Offline lucillenyc  
#32 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2017 7:20:14 PM(UTC)

I finally stumbled across a bad Biltmore Lift review:

https://www.realself.com...bl-upper-bleph-dr-harley

I was very tempted by all the positive reviews, but thankfully this board set me straight.
Offline Hoss  
#33 Posted : Friday, April 7, 2017 1:35:29 AM(UTC)

I wouldn't exactly call that a bad review. It is quite brief, and she doesn't describe a lot of what has happened - she just say's her face has fallen a bit after the swelling went down. That happens with every facelift... and she still gives him 5 stars. Most of the 'name' facelifters have way worse reviews than this!
Offline eden  
#34 Posted : Friday, April 7, 2017 6:56:08 AM(UTC)

Woman
Originally Posted by: Zoey Go to Quoted Post
Eden,
Did your friend have her Harley face lift in December? Did she post a review on Realself. I still cannot believe the business he is getting.

Im sorry I just saw your post! No, my friend did not go to him, she found a woman on real self that had a scar running down the back of her neck that could not be hidden from his lift and she was very upset....
Offline MissJ  
#35 Posted : Friday, April 7, 2017 9:18:38 AM(UTC)

Agree with Hoss. It's not a bad review. Of course, that doesn't rule out some other patient being unhappy with the lift as eden mentioned.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Zoey  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 9:27:14 PM(UTC)

I still cannot get over the racket this guy has going on. Almost every week he has a new patient on Realself.
Offline lucillenyc  
#37 Posted : Friday, April 28, 2017 4:25:56 PM(UTC)

I still cannot get over the racket this guy has going on. Almost every week he has a new patient on Realself.

Well, this scar looks awful:

https://www.realself.com...ew-4004323-image-2289509
Offline eden  
#38 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 6:54:21 AM(UTC)

Woman
Eden,

So after my friend went everywhere looking for a surgeon to do facelift and forehead lift she is finally going this summer to a Dr. Bitner in Utah! She booked and paid for the surgery already I can't wait to see how this turns out. It is her first surgery and I looked at reviews can't really find anything bad all really good stuff, I am soooo excited for her!
Offline Beholder  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 11:06:26 PM(UTC)

So here I am again after three years still researching on Realself mostly but I'm glad to be back here where the info is less biased. I have learned more about Dr. Harley in NC. He is apparently very nice and it's hard to get bad reviews on him but there are a few. I have private messaged dozens of his former patients and only two wrote back saying that they were still satisfied with his Biltmore Lift. But these two former patients were only two years out. I haven't heard from any of the ones who were four or five years out. After tons of searching I finally found a post about someone who said she heard from four of his former patients and they all said the same thing: they were initially very happy with the Biltmore lift, then around moth 7 or 8 after all the swelling was gone, their faces and necks drooped again. So yes, sadly the Biltmore lift seems too good to be true. My gut was that there had to be a catch. Low price, beautiful after photos, I think the best I've seen especially because the jaw angle looks so good. I never saw any salivary gland bulges or weird looking tragusus or anything odd. I actually prefer the pre tragus incision even though it leaves a scar because in my opinion it looks more natural. His stitches are tiny too. Back to the drawing board. I'm scared of anything too invasive like a deep plane lift. I'm 53 and not ready to take the risks involved with that.
Offline Mike D  
#40 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 7:47:16 AM(UTC)

I've seen the pre-tragal incision work very nicely in some cases. I think it's a case of where we really notice the bad ones but may not notice the really good ones. Back when I was seeing Dr. Gunter for my nose, I saw several of his facelift patients in various stages of healing and his pre-tragal incision was so hair-thin that it was barely noticeable even in the healing stages. I think that so few surgeons use it now that it's hard to find good examples. We just have tons of bad examples of the post tragus out there.
Offline Chris K  
#41 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 10:34:48 AM(UTC)

Woman
With facelifts it's not so much the scar as is that glued/welded to the ear look that I never want

How can one avoid this oddity?
Offline Mike D  
#42 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 11:03:15 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Chris K Go to Quoted Post
With facelifts it's not so much the scar as is that glued/welded to the ear look that I never want

Part of the problem is how much variation there is between the skin that is around an ear BEFORE a facelift and the thicker cheek skin that is pulled up into its place AFTER a facelift. Most surgeons don't do a good job of thinning out the newly positioned skin around the ears and it ends up looking like a thick mess. The other problem is that a lot of surgeons rely too much on the skin to lift a face and all of the tension ends up showing on the ears.
Offline Hoss  
#43 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 2:53:08 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Chris K Go to Quoted Post

I asked Dr G about this and he gave some elusive answer along the lines of 'he has never seen that problem since he went to visit Bruce Connell'. He didn't tell me exactly how he avoids it, he just seems very confident that he can avoid it.
Offline Chris K  
#44 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 3:18:01 PM(UTC)

Woman
Who is Bruce Connell? Was this a facelift mentor or guru?
Offline lamb  
#45 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 3:43:14 PM(UTC)

Bruce Connell is the forefather of the modern facelift.