logo

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Sarah W  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 5:21:48 AM(UTC)

Woman
It seems like at present, there is nothing available to thicken the dermis. I so need that myself and have spent many hours researching.
Offline Greg  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 8:41:51 AM(UTC)

Man
Originally Posted by: Hydroxyboy Go to Quoted Post
And what about Profhilo? I've seen it been used full face and also on the back of the hands to smooth out the overall skin surface.

From results photos I've seen, Profhilo looks to have a really nice smoothing effect; but I don't know if it's available yet in the US(?)
Offline Hydroxyboy  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 9:27:14 AM(UTC)

It seems to have a nice all over effect so that's why I mentioned it as I think it could work on the forehead. The doctor also told me that the only use 6 entry points in the face and that the hyaluronic acid spreads under the surface. I remember that Restylane also used to have something similar calles Restylane Vital if I remember well. It was their version of meso therapy.

Originally Posted by: Greg Go to Quoted Post
From results photos I've seen, Profhilo looks to have a really nice smoothing effect; but I don't know if it's available yet in the US(?)

Offline Sarah W  
#19 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 10:10:33 PM(UTC)

Woman
Re the micro needling, I read somewhere of a person who had it over the entire face and said that the skin wrinkled all around the 'dots" and that it aged her and looked terrible. I don't know whether it was due to being performed badly or if this is common regardless.
Offline Hydroxyboy  
#20 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2020 12:36:12 PM(UTC)

I think you meant re plasma pen? There are no dots after microneedling. At least not with me. The dots you see are from the plasma pen. I wonder if there is a chance for hyper pigmentation. I have seen some results where the person had white dots after the healing phase. I'm very pale but always turn very red/brown for ages until it it fully healed. I wonder if it will also be the case with plasma for me.

Originally Posted by: Sarah W Go to Quoted Post
Re the micro needling, I read somewhere of a person who had it over the entire face and said that the skin wrinkled all around the 'dots" and that it aged her and looked terrible. I don't know whether it was due to being performed badly or if this is common regardless.

Offline Sarah W  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 5:28:54 AM(UTC)

Woman
Hmmm not sure to be honest. I am pretty sure it was dermarolling-is that microneedling? She said the skin was slightly thicker or stiffer- for want of a better way to express it- and wrinkled differently during facial expression. I wish I could remember where I read it. She did not mention hyper or hypo pigmentation, I guess a test patch is imperative just to be sure.
Offline ITALIA  
#22 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2020 5:46:13 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Hydroxyboy Go to Quoted Post
And what about Profhilo? I've seen it been used full face and also on the back of the hands to smooth out the overall skin surface. I believe it has less negative side effects traditional fillers could have in an unforgiving area of the forehead. But I have no first hand experience with it. I have done droplets of Restylane in forehead lines with no issues.

I've also done a ton of microneedling and although it does improve the skin quality I did not see any thickening or volumizing of de dermis which is what you are looking for if I understand you well.

Profhilo is more for hydration. I have it done to my neck and it makes the skin look healthier.
Offline Sarah W  
#23 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2020 6:44:19 PM(UTC)

Woman
I just googled it. The before and afters look pretty good.
Offline ITALIA  
#24 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2020 1:39:32 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Sarah W Go to Quoted Post
I just googled it. The before and afters look pretty good.

Lots of YouTube videos on it. All UK based from what I can see