logo

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Sarah W  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2020 9:05:30 PM(UTC)

Woman
I have tried a small patch- about 1cm x 1cm of the pure sap of this plant on a nasty solar keratosis on my arm and lately, my cheek. Apart from the fact that it hurts like hell for a couple of days,plus I felt a bit yuk and my eyes swelled a bit, it has worked very well and at day 7 the scab fell off and lovely clean skin is underneath- slightly pink that is all.

I just used the plant sap but it is pretty inexact as far as dosage goes as there are 2 strengths available in the commercial cream obtainable from a derm. It is marketed as Ingenol Metubate.

I see it has been used in plant form for centuries in Australia and Europe. I am not sure if it is available as a plant in the US.

It has so far, worked much better than anything else that has been tried so I will continue to do small patches, one at a time. There are photos of people who have done the whole face on utube and they look terrible. I am not that brave as although it states it is not toxic, it feels like Efudix side effects but you only have to use it for 1-3 days and Efudix is a very long process. 4-6 weeks I believe.

Try this link https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21375515

Thought it worth sharing
Offline Sarah W  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 5:22:01 AM(UTC)

Woman
Its interesting as nobody has responded to this. I had read so many mixed reviews. For some it is a miracle, for others it has had unpleasant effects. I have tried a second patch now on the tip of my nose. I had the same excellent result and no swelling at all this time. Some people seem to have had a great improvement in skin tone generally even with some wrinkle improvement. Others have found their skin to be dry and rough post treatment. I have no idea why.

I am using the pure plant sap ( for better or worse) It costs nothing except courage and seems great for my delicate thin skin type.