logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline makingchoices  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 3:15:12 PM(UTC)

I am just wondering if these are effective or not - I once tried Thermage and it was a disaster - is this similar?
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Hydroxyboy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 11:47:59 AM(UTC)

Less stronger than Thermage simply put. Less heat damage that can occur.

Originally Posted by: makingchoices Go to Quoted Post
I am just wondering if these are effective or not - I once tried Thermage and it was a disaster - is this similar?

Offline Robin  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2020 10:08:15 PM(UTC)

What was the disaster?
Offline makingchoices  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2020 3:36:04 PM(UTC)

It destroyed much of the fat in my face - ended up looking twice as old as my age and needed to get a facelift with fat grafting. This was when Thermage first came out. Now I won't use any procedure until it has a history of effectiveness
Online MissJ  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 29, 2020 2:24:24 PM(UTC)

It destroyed much of the fat in my face - ended up looking twice as old as my age and needed to get a facelift with fat grafting. This was when Thermage first came out. Now I won't use any procedure until it has a history of effectiveness

The glitch with laser or other type high tech devices of the sort is that very few of them, remain as they are as SAME to establish any history. Initially, they are all MARKETING and as time goes on, the devices can end up having problems (as you mentioned with Thermage). When the complaints come in, they re-design and hype up the marketing claims again. With the exception of the CO2 totally ABLATIVE laser which can be considered a 'gold standard', MANY, MANY of the high tech devices don't really remain the same design to establish much of a history. Instead, it's the initial MARKETING of a 'new' device that gets people to buy into them. They are all about marketing 'new' or 'improved' devices which come to market AFTER the prior 'new and improved' devices establish many complaints of HARM.

I can't speak for every one of the GAWD KNOWS HOW MANY zillions of devices out there, but in general, that's how the laser and device industry operates. They operate on the priciple of consumers buying into the NEWNESS of them where the OUTCOMES of them are HIGHLY CONTROLLED by the laser consultants using them under controlled conditions to kick up good results where patient poplulation is small. As the patient poplulation INCREASES and also the population of med professionals the devices are sold to INCREASES, the UNFAVORABLE statistics (like problems with the devices) come to the fore. That's when they come up with NEW ones and the cycle starts again. Hence, they don't stick around long enough to establish a history of being GOOD ENOUGH that they can STAY as SAME design.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline lamb  
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 29, 2020 5:18:16 PM(UTC)

I wouldn’t use any heat/RF devices personally.
Offline makingchoices  
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 29, 2020 5:21:10 PM(UTC)

Good cautionary explanation MissJ. I am very suspicious of radiofrequency in general even if so many celebrities think its wonderful. How can heating your tissue so it contracts possibly be good for it? The only place I might try this is on my body - not my face. I'll stick to actual surgery ( with its own risks I know)for anything facial - or fillers.
Online MissJ  
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 29, 2020 9:39:53 PM(UTC)

I wouldn't pay much credence to celebrities. After all, their job is ACTING, following a script, fiction etc.

Good cautionary explanation MissJ. I am very suspicious of radiofrequency in general even if so many celebrities think its wonderful. How can heating your tissue so it contracts possibly be good for it? The only place I might try this is on my body - not my face. I'll stick to actual surgery ( with its own risks I know)for anything facial - or fillers.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Mike D  
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2020 6:13:02 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
I wouldn't pay much credence to celebrities. After all, their job is ACTING, following a script, fiction etc.

Indeed. And many of them choose to extol the virtues of a non-invasive procedure in an attempt to mask a more extensive surgery. For example, Christy Brinkley touting Ultherapy being what keeps her young. I’d bet my 401k that she has also had a facelift and other surgeries and that’s truly why she looks so young.
Offline lamb  
#10 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2020 8:01:04 PM(UTC)

yea exactly, plus some are sponsored by them or given some sort of payment.

these heat devices damage skin
Online MissJ  
#11 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2020 8:49:13 PM(UTC)

BINGO. she was also spotted years back in Pat Wexler's office (filler/fat doctor that gets written up in Allure a lot and 'dear friend' of Allure PS editor, Joan Kron.) Also at some 'party people' NYC function posing with Wexler. Now, that's just the filler aspect. But ya, she's probably had the secret f/l plastic surgery. But she was always a model as far as I remember from my 20's and had perfect bone structure and all. So, all her stuff would have been to maintain her appearance as much as possible but not really to change it.

Originally Posted by: Mike D Go to Quoted Post
Indeed. And many of them choose to extol the virtues of a non-invasive procedure in an attempt to mask a more extensive surgery. For example, Christy Brinkley touting Ultherapy being what keeps her young. I’d bet my 401k that she has also had a facelift and other surgeries and that’s truly why she looks so young.

Online MissJ  
#12 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2020 8:51:00 PM(UTC)

Either payment or a RUSE to explain away the PS and fillers.

Originally Posted by: lamb Go to Quoted Post
yea exactly, plus some are sponsored by them or given some sort of payment.

these heat devices damage skin

Offline Mike D  
#13 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2020 9:20:36 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
BINGO. she was also spotted years back in Pat Wexler's office (filler/fat doctor that gets written up in Allure a lot and 'dear friend' of Allure PS editor, Joan Kron.) Also at some 'party people' NYC function posing with Wexler. Now, that's just the filler aspect. But ya, she's probably had the secret f/l plastic surgery. But she was always a model as far as I remember from my 20's and had perfect bone structure and all. So, all her stuff would have been to maintain her appearance as much as possible but not really to change it.

Yes, she is a perfect example of a great starting point.