logo

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Greg  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2020 12:09:42 PM(UTC)

Man
Originally Posted by: makingchoices Go to Quoted Post
They key is to ask for the levels of a younger person - NOT whats normal for someone your age

Yes! This is very important not just for testosterone, but also for other levels, such as DHEA.

Offline lucillenyc  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 12:26:18 PM(UTC)

I have been on bio-identical hormones, including testosterone, for about 18 years. Testosterone is great for women - we have a supply that decreases just like men do as we age. Very good for muscle retention and bone density. Your Gyno or GP might do it - if they are not open to it you can probably just google bio-identical hormones and some physicians will come up near you. They key is to ask for the levels of a younger person - NOT whats normal for someone your age if you are normal ( in my case I want the levels of a 45 year old not a 60 year old !)

Makingchoices, what are your thoughts on estrogen replacement? I'm 41 and have ZERO interest in experiencing menopause symptoms when the time comes. I've been on birth control pills since 18 and do well on them. My plan is to stay on them until my 50s for birth control and hormone regulation and then switch to HRT. I know there's a lot of debate around this, but I personally want to maintain the estrogen levels of a young woman, not an old lady.
Offline makingchoices  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 3:49:46 PM(UTC)

I think bio-identical hormones are an excellent anti-aging 'hack' . They have been around a long time. There are 3 kinds of estrogen - turns out 2 are protective against breast cancer , one is not - you do not want to take the one that is not . Estrone is the one you do not want in your formulation. Also, the non-bio-identical ones ( premarin etc...) are associated with increased cancer risk in some studies.

I never had menopause symptoms by the way - even when I had a hysterectomy for other reasons. I credit the very progressive doctor I had at the time and my own proactive stance..

Find a good 'anti-aging' physician in your area and interview them ahead of time. There are some wonderful things on the horizon- peptides for instance. Reading Lifespan by David Sinclair is a good start. Also, Life Extension Foundation has a great deal of info on their site
Offline lucillenyc  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 11:03:20 PM(UTC)

I think bio-identical hormones are an excellent anti-aging 'hack' . They have been around a long time. There are 3 kinds of estrogen - turns out 2 are protective against breast cancer , one is not - you do not want to take the one that is not . Estrone is the one you do not want in your formulation. Also, the non-bio-identical ones ( premarin etc...) are associated with increased cancer risk in some studies.

I never had menopause symptoms by the way - even when I had a hysterectomy for other reasons. I credit the very progressive doctor I had at the time and my own proactive stance..

Find a good 'anti-aging' physician in your area and interview them ahead of time. There are some wonderful things on the horizon- peptides for instance. Reading Lifespan by David Sinclair is a good start. Also, Life Extension Foundation has a great deal of info on their site

Thanks! I will definitely start researching this. Can I ask what age you started bio-identical hormones? I believe hormones are as important as PS in the anti-aging battle.
Offline Anya77  
#35 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2020 11:23:23 AM(UTC)

Omg have you guys heard of that David Sinclair guy? He’s a Harvard researcher? He just wrote a book but hubby and I saw him on the Joe Rogan show; I’ll link the clip here; he seems very very knowledgeable about anti-aging and recommends Metformin https://youtu.be/HOTS0HS7aq4
Offline makingchoices  
#36 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2020 1:58:13 PM(UTC)

yes! He wrote Lifespan - quite a good book! I listen to Joe Rogan occasionally too. Life Extension has a lot of info on metformin
Offline Anya77  
#37 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2020 2:31:59 PM(UTC)

yes! He wrote Lifespan - quite a good book! I listen to Joe Rogan occasionally too. Life Extension has a lot of info on metformin

Oh ok; glad you saw this as I just commented the other thread. The Metformin is hard to get prescribed if you’re slender so I’ve been contemplating sharing with my husband; it’s also believed to work well in conjunction with antidepressants to keep weight down.