logo

  As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Vivre  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2019 11:52:45 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 10/15/2009(UTC)
Posts: 185
Woman
Location: Europe
Hi, what treatment would be suitable for lines above top lip?
I had some silicone + Artefill(or Artecoll) injected in the lips about 20-25 years ago. Of course it migrated a little bit around, but it is OK.
I never had any problem with it, but I have never put more fillers in the area or anywhere on my face, as I want to avoid problems.
Now I have a few lines over my top lift and wish to erase them.

I am so scared of heat or chemical (peeling) on that place that could create hardening or granuloma...
What would be riskless? Dermabrasion?
Thank you for your comments,

Edited by user Friday, January 3, 2020 4:31:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Greg  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2019 1:17:35 AM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 9/20/2014(UTC)
Posts: 399
Man
Originally Posted by: Vivre Go to Quoted Post
and wish to erase them.


If you truly wish to erase them (versus minimize them), it might take a combination of modalities. But I think that your primary tool is laser--not the old Fraxel ones that have now been around for ages--but one of the newer ones that's more powerful and precise.
Offline Vivre  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2019 3:09:34 AM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 10/15/2009(UTC)
Posts: 185
Woman
Location: Europe
Originally Posted by: Greg Go to Quoted Post
If you truly wish to erase them (versus minimize them), it might take a combination of modalities. But I think that your primary tool is laser--not the old Fraxel ones that have now been around for ages--but one of the newer ones that's more powerful and precise.


Thank you Greg,
This morning, I went to the Beauty Doc, associated with my regular Dermatologist, (I also went for enquiring about some brown spots which he will erase with laser) and he suggested PRP for the lines above my lips.
He says I should make it 3 times, a month apart.

Wonder if this would work and if there is some risk. He says no risk at all, that he already did it on patients with permanent filler with no problem.

He would do it around the mouth, some on the chin and on the cheekbone (under eye area) alltogether.

Someone did it? What can I expect?
Offline JB01  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2019 6:11:43 AM(UTC)
Rank: Newbie

Joined: 1/8/2019(UTC)
Posts: 16
You may want to ask Anya about her opinion of using Fibroblast treatment to address this - it seems to have greatly helped the lines/crepiness around her eyes, and I believe the same modality may be useful for lines around the mouth.

It's an old technology repurposed (and renamed) - it's essentially electrofulguration (creating an arc of electricity to superficially and precisely burn the upper layers of skin), used in a "fractionated" pattern (a la fractionated CO2 lasers) used to selectively destroy tissue to stimulate a healing response that tightens skin and encourages collagen production. It seems to be an inexpensive, relatively safe, and potentially effective option, especially for fairer skin types.

Some seem to benefit from microneedling in this area (same concept of selective damage to stimulate a healing response), as well as medium-depth peels (TCA, etc.) and certain laser treatments (fracitonated CO2, etc.).

I've not seen much compelling evidence for PRP, but I'm sure many have anecdotally benefited from it. If money is not an issue, it may be worth pursuing since it's relatively low risk (though a story has been recently running claiming that sloppy doctors exposed patients to HIV via PRP), but personally I'd go for a modality that has a higher chance of making a positive difference.
Offline Greg  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 25, 2019 2:01:24 AM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 9/20/2014(UTC)
Posts: 399
Man
While PRP probably wouldn't do any harm to your upper lip, I think that the resultant improvements, if any, would be subtle compared to what could be achieved through the other approaches. Plus, a series of PRP treatments would cumulatively cost as much or more than the other approaches.
Offline Vivre  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2019 3:26:15 AM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 10/15/2009(UTC)
Posts: 185
Woman
Location: Europe
Thank you JB01 and Greg for your interesting responses...

The doc I went to, also suggested little HA to be injected into the lines with a microneedle...
But, sincerely I am so scared of making damage with the permanent filler in place, to get an unexcpeted reaction, as I am also somehow reactive and have some light problems with immunity.

Maybe PRP associated with microneedling, could be interesting?
or very light laser...
I'll look into it and what you suggested.
Have a nice day,
Offline Maggie67  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2020 8:28:00 AM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 5/11/2011(UTC)
Posts: 180
I had dermabrasion for upper lip at least 20 years ago-it worked well for about 10 years.Took about 6 weeks to heal tho!
Offline Robin  
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2020 1:40:34 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/7/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,074
Location: No PMs
Originally Posted by: Vivre Go to Quoted Post
Hi, what treatment would be suitable for lines above top lip?
I had some silicone + Artefill(or Artecoll) injected in the lips about 20-25 years ago. Of course it migrated a little bit around, but it is OK.
I never had any problem with it, but I have never put more fillers in the area or anywhere on my face, as I want to avoid problems.
Now I have a few lines over my top lift and wish to erase them.

I am so scared of heat or chemical (peeling) on that place that could create hardening or granuloma...
What would be riskless? Dermabrasion?
Thank you for your comments,


You can think about it this way - you can either fill them from the inside (filler) or try to get your body to fill them in from the "outside" (I.e. plump the collagen in the dermis via chemicals, dermbrasion or laser)

chemical peeling, dermbrasion and lasers don't create granulomas. Dermbrasion isn't really any better or worse than chemicals or lasers... it's just three different ways of doing controlled damage to the skin in order to create (hopefully smoother/less wrinkled) regrowth. they all have the potential for poor healing with accompanying possibility of hypo or hyper pigmentation. Microneedling does the same, but it's just less invasive. With PRP, I think a good amount of the benefit is caused by the microneedling itself rather than the PRP

I had erbium laser under my eyes to address "bunching" when I smile and it did help. That did require hiding out for a week though. (went out behind sunglasses, but the area was red, gloppy, etc). After that I was able to cover the redness with makeup

If you are risk averse then a series of mild chemical peels might be the place to start. But as with any of the things we discuss here... less invasive = less results.
Offline Sarah W  
#9 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 12:02:44 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/4/2008(UTC)
Posts: 9,220
Woman
Originally Posted by: Maggie67 Go to Quoted Post
I had dermabrasion for upper lip at least 20 years ago-it worked well for about 10 years.Took about 6 weeks to heal tho!


Whoa, that is a long recovery! Did you know beforehand?

Offline Vivre  
#10 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 10:50:31 AM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 10/15/2009(UTC)
Posts: 185
Woman
Location: Europe
Originally Posted by: Robin Go to Quoted Post
You can think about it this way - you can either fill them from the inside (filler) or try to get your body to fill them in from the "outside" (I.e. plump the collagen in the dermis via chemicals, dermbrasion or laser)

chemical peeling, dermbrasion and lasers don't create granulomas. Dermbrasion isn't really any better or worse than chemicals or lasers... it's just three different ways of doing controlled damage to the skin in order to create (hopefully smoother/less wrinkled) regrowth. they all have the potential for poor healing with accompanying possibility of hypo or hyper pigmentation. Microneedling does the same, but it's just less invasive. With PRP, I think a good amount of the benefit is caused by the microneedling itself rather than the PRP

I had erbium laser under my eyes to address "bunching" when I smile and it did help. That did require hiding out for a week though. (went out behind sunglasses, but the area was red, gloppy, etc). After that I was able to cover the redness with makeup

If you are risk averse then a series of mild chemical peels might be the place to start. But as with any of the things we discuss here... less invasive = less results.


Thank you Robin for your interesting comment !
Offline Vivre  
#11 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 4:17:21 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 10/15/2009(UTC)
Posts: 185
Woman
Location: Europe
Had PRP done today.
It was not done with microneedling, but by injecting with a syringue.
Had it done over the lips, crow feet, top of cheeks and top of the nose close to radix, where my skin is so thin, to try to thicken it....
A little painful, but ok. I hope it will give some results.
I will keep you posted.
Offline Sarah W  
#12 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 6:47:31 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/4/2008(UTC)
Posts: 9,220
Woman
Yes, please update. I hope you get good results
Offline makingchoices  
#13 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 3:06:48 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 12/19/2010(UTC)
Posts: 220
I would be very interested too
Offline Vivre  
#14 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 4:00:33 AM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 10/15/2009(UTC)
Posts: 185
Woman
Location: Europe
Hi
Due to the actual crisis, 2nd treatment of PRP by injection was done this week and not in march as it should have been done.
It helped the 1st time, the lines above lips were much less deep.
It improved also quite well on the upper part of my nose where my skin is so thin (bone graft of revision rhino without fascia for buffer)
My derm told me he goes 3mm deep when he injects PRP...
He went above lips, under eyes, and some places aroud the face and of course on the top of my nose.
For the time being, I love it (I am still swollen, but enjoy it)

Offline Sarah W  
#15 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 7:01:27 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/4/2008(UTC)
Posts: 9,220
Woman
Hey thanks for the update Vivre. I am intrigued if it thickens the skin as i have very thin skin everywhere die to years on and off of of prednisone and apart from Retin A which my surgeon suggested, nothing has helped. Did you bruise much?
Users browsing this topic
Guest (3)
Previous Topic Next Topic
2 Pages12>
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.