logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kosmeds  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 10:12:19 PM(UTC)

Dr. Gavin Chan and Dr. Mobin Master discuss the longevity of temporary hyaluronic acid fillers. They challenge the common belief that these fillers last 6 to 18 months by using evidence from MRI scans of patients who have had filler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoF_Ez27-L0

Interesting discussion on longevity and migration of dermal fillers.

Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Robin  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2019 12:00:28 PM(UTC)

that was fascinating.

Towards the end, he says that he now uses much smaller amounts over many places to make up for the natural volume loss that comes with aging... vs injecting a cc or more in one area to sculpt or "fill up" and lift. I wonder how that approach will pan out in the long run also.
Offline Sophia  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2019 7:44:52 AM(UTC)

Just wanted to add my experience. I had a very comprehensive medical check up done during my summer vacation which included a full body MRI.
When I had my consultation after the scan with the doctor and we went through all body parts, starting with the head she immediately asked me if I have filler in the face as it shows as a kind of a white matter on the scan.
I said yes. Perplexed, as my last injection for various areas had been years ago.
Basically all areas where I had filler done (and it was always a branded Hyaluronic acid filler, never a shady mix or whatever semipermanent staff is out there) were showing on the scan.

Filler lasts way longer than we think it does. But it might be true that it migrates. Who knows that maybe the lip filler in the upper red part travels to the upper lip (the area between lip and nose).

Food for thought in deed.
Offline Mike D  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2019 10:54:59 AM(UTC)

Very interesting, Sophia.