logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MissJ  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 6:53:42 PM(UTC)
Rank: Administration

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 26,610
Heads up on CALIFORNIA doctors. 'The Medical Farce of California'

I just read an alarming (but eye opening) piece about how the California Medical Board is very LAX in diciplining (dangerous, deceptive, deviant) doctors and can withhold some disclosure of misconduct. Essentially, the implication is that the Califoria medical board is not really a PATIENT advocacy board but rather a doctor advocacy board. Interesting read. Here's the link: https://mbcfarce.tumblr.com/

As an option to fill in the lack of information GAPS found on the official California Med Board site; 'Breeze' and/or as an ADJUNCT to information (or lack thereof) you will find on the Med Board site, there is a patient advocacy group who elaborates more on disciplinary actions than does the official California Med Board. In some cases they cite media articles. But in others, they kick up actual Med board documents or legal documents you won't find on the Med board site when you do a search on a doctor.

The link to that is: http://4patientsafety.org/mdb/search.php

It allows you to enter the doctor's name and if he has disciplinary actions, they make pretty clear what they are. They also cite media articles. Although they DON'T list all doctors (it's a limited patient advocacy group), in some cases, they DO 'get the goods' on 'wrong doers' that the California Med board makes unavailable. If the doc is 'clean' it kicks up no info. But if he/she is 'dirty', they've got the dirt on them.

It's not a 'be it and end all' source for complete information but apparently, NOR is the info one finds on the California med board site for that matter. However, it's certainly sufficient as an ADJUNCT to stuff like planted reviews on 'pay for positive publicity' commercial websites, and doctors dominating the media with promotional puff pieces.

I tip my INSIDER private members off on some of the stuff I find in there. But in the interest of PUBLIC patient advocacy, I think this site is best not left hidden and under wraps.

That said, I hope this makes an addition to your 'research' on California doctors.

https://mbcfarce.tumblr.com/

http://4patientsafety.org/mdb/search.php

Edited by user Tuesday, August 13, 2019 12:49:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.


If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Greg  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 5:22:55 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 9/20/2014(UTC)
Posts: 310
Man
United Kingdom
Thank you for generously sharing this information resource, MissJ.
Offline MissJ  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 6:02:02 PM(UTC)
Rank: Administration

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 26,610
Thanx Greg. There are some interesting articles/commentary on first link. The second link allows you to do a search which can kick up info if the docs in some kind of trouble but hard to find/navigate on the official Med board site. Their stance is that the med board is not transparent enough. However, they do suggest that both resources can be used together.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.


If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Mike D  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 12:10:34 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/24/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,095
Location: Between the moon and NYC
Yes, thanks Miss J. It’s interesting when one compares the info from these sites to the PR machines that surround some of the LA/BH names like Calvert, Mani and Mueller.
Offline MissJ  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 12:47:23 AM(UTC)
Rank: Administration

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 26,610
Haven't actually heard of this Mueller before (or maybe he just was not memorable) but by looking at his website, he's another one of those BH 'Featured on TV' doctors.

Great PR machines doth not a great doctor make.


Originally Posted by: Mike D Go to Quoted Post
Yes, thanks Miss J. It’s interesting when one compares the info from these sites to the PR machines that surround some of the LA/BH names like Calvert, Mani and Mueller.


Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.


If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline lucillenyc  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 2:41:00 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 5/17/2008(UTC)
Posts: 569
Location: San Diego
Thanks Miss J. California has such strong consumer protections, so it's surprising that the California Medical Board is so lax about disciplining doctors. Great to have these extra resources when doing research.
Offline MissJ  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 3:38:45 PM(UTC)
Rank: Administration

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 26,610
I think one of the contentions being made about the CA med board is that when they do discipline doctors, sometimes that's hard for the patient to find on the CA med board site. For example, this patient advocacy website digs up disciplinary documents they gave a doctor that aren't as 'findable' on the med board's site.

As to consumer protections that arises via consumer advocates eg. consumers themselves and NOT the companies themselves producing the consumer products to be purchased whereas the med board consists of doctors who might not be so inclined as to transparency as patients would like them to be.


Originally Posted by: lucillenyc Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Miss J. California has such strong consumer protections, so it's surprising that the California Medical Board is so lax about disciplining doctors. Great to have these extra resources when doing research.


Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.


If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Anya77  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 12:16:58 AM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 10/19/2008(UTC)
Posts: 667
Location: West Coast
Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
Heads up on CALIFORNIA doctors. 'The Medical Farce of California'

I just read an alarming (but eye opening) piece about how the California Medical Board is very LAX in diciplining (dangerous, deceptive, deviant) doctors and can withhold some disclosure of misconduct. Essentially, the implication is that the Califoria medical board is not really a PATIENT advocacy board but rather a doctor advocacy board. Interesting read. Here's the link: https://mbcfarce.tumblr.com/

As an option to fill in the lack of information GAPS found on the official California Med Board site; 'Breeze' and/or as an ADJUNCT to information (or lack thereof) you will find on the Med Board site, there is a patient advocacy group who elaborates more on disciplinary actions than does the official California Med Board. In some cases they cite media articles. But in others, they kick up actual Med board documents or legal documents you won't find on the Med board site when you do a search on a doctor.

The link to that is: http://4patientsafety.org/mdb/search.php

It allows you to enter the doctor's name and if he has disciplinary actions, they make pretty clear what they are. They also cite media articles. Although they DON'T list all doctors (it's a limited patient advocacy group), in some cases, they DO 'get the goods' on 'wrong doers' that the California Med board makes unavailable. If the doc is 'clean' it kicks up no info. But if he/she is 'dirty', they've got the dirt on them.

It's not a 'be it and end all' source for complete information but apparently, NOR is the info one finds on the California med board site for that matter. However, it's certainly sufficient as an ADJUNCT to stuff like planted reviews on 'pay for positive publicity' commercial websites, and doctors dominating the media with promotional puff pieces.

I tip my INSIDER private members off on some of the stuff I find in there. But in the interest of PUBLIC patient advocacy, I think this site is best not left hidden and under wraps.

That said, I hope this makes an addition to your 'research' on California doctors.

https://mbcfarce.tumblr.com/

http://4patientsafety.org/mdb/search.php

Wow thank you so much !!
Offline MissJ  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 11:08:29 AM(UTC)
Rank: Administration

Joined: 5/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 26,610
Glad it's useful.

Originally Posted by: Anya77 Go to Quoted Post
Wow thank you so much !!


Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.


If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
Previous Topic Next Topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.