logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Nim  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 8:55:33 AM(UTC)

Or, is it something else? I was looking at a picture of Bradley Cooper,....hard to avoid when he seems to be on the cover of ever supermarket rag magazine. And, it got me thinking. Most women I know think he is gorgeous,.....yet,...he really isn't. When you look at each facial feature, they are rather ordinary,.....but, they don't seem to notice it at all. The whole face comes together as good looking, pleasing,....add charisma, and the final product seems to be gorgeous and sexy. But, not really,.............Just musing,............
Skygirl5 from MMH
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline kosmeds  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 3:01:58 PM(UTC)

Models are held to a much higher standard than actors.

We see actors mainly in motion; they can be kind of funny-looking in stills and yet people will find them to be very attractive. Personality and the role also come into play.

The ones who are completely gorgeous even in stills, from every and all angles, are rare, like a young Kyle MacLachlan.

Offline Anya77  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 10:57:51 PM(UTC)

Bradley Cooper is hot as hell! He’s very sexy .. I notice that with most beautiful people it’s not that the individual features are exceptional but how they relate to each other.
Offline Lisa in Boston  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 12:58:22 PM(UTC)

However, his eyes are exceptional. Just gorgeous.
Offline MissJ  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 5:05:52 PM(UTC)

Beauty is a matter of certain distance relationships as to how the the features are spaced out. The brain is 'hard wired' to recognize these aesthetic relationships.

There's a math to it but it's kind of complex. Has to do with what ratios related to the Fibonacci series are kicked up when a a 3-d structure (such as head with face) is projected onto a 2-D surface (such a mirror, photo).
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Mike D  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 8:01:57 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
Beauty is a matter of certain distance relationships as to how the the features are spaced out. The brain is 'hard wired' to recognize these aesthetic relationships.

There's a math to it but it's kind of complex. Has to do with what ratios related to the Fibonacci series are kicked up when a a 3-d structure (such as head with face) is projected onto a 2-D surface (such a mirror, photo).

Did you ever hear of or read Dr. Steve Hoeffln’s book on the mathematics of beauty?
Offline Nim  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 10:06:32 PM(UTC)

So, then if Bradley's features are not in line with the ratio, that makes one handsome,.....what explains why women say he is gorgeous and would not change one thing on his face?
Skygirl5 from MMH
Offline MissJ  
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 11:42:41 PM(UTC)

Yes. He learned some stuff after watching the Donald Duck video ..'in math land' or something like that was name of cartoon.

Originally Posted by: Mike D Go to Quoted Post
Did you ever hear of or read Dr. Steve Hoeffln’s book on the mathematics of beauty?

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline MissJ  
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 11:43:44 PM(UTC)

Eyeballing, they look pretty much in line but not up to task for measuring them.

Originally Posted by: Nim Go to Quoted Post
So, then if Bradley's features are not in line with the ratio, that makes one handsome,.....what explains why women say he is gorgeous and would not change one thing on his face?

Offline Greg  
#10 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 4:45:01 AM(UTC)

Man
United Kingdom
Originally Posted by: Mike D Go to Quoted Post

Mike, how applicable is Hoefflin's book to the male face? Is it geared all toward the female face, or does he discuss mathematics for men separately and sufficiently?
Offline Anya77  
#11 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 7:46:41 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Greg Go to Quoted Post
Mike, how applicable is Hoefflin's book to the male face? Is it geared all toward the female face, or does he discuss mathematics for men separately and sufficiently?

Hi Greg;

I had his book and met him; he was all about “a beautiful face is (really) just an ordinary face with correct shadows and highlights “ he is a big advocate of the “S” curve for cheeks.
Offline MissJ  
#12 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 1:30:45 PM(UTC)

I still have the autographed copy of the book. thanx

Originally Posted by: Anya77 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Greg;

I had his book and met him; he was all about “a beautiful face is (really) just an ordinary face with correct shadows and highlights “ he is a big advocate of the “S” curve for cheeks.

Offline Chris K  
#13 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 1:53:27 PM(UTC)

Woman
his aesthetic had a very late 70s early 80s plastic surgery look to it.

it wasn't hideous but not natural.

his cheek aesthetic was a bit exaggerated and his noses were not natural.

his eye work was too aggressive. too much skin removed from uppers....but at one time a LARGE space between upper lash and eyebrow was considered glamourous. i think even his wife had lower retraction on her eyelid.

back in the day i think the retraction from lower lid work was the norm. and it was even considered attractive as it opens the eye in an odd way.
Offline Mike D  
#14 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 4:32:01 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Greg Go to Quoted Post

Greg - I never read it, so not sure. I was always scared to read it because I knew that my face is probably a mathematical disaster - totally asymmetrical - yet somehow strangely “worked” (I base that on people who have been attracted to me).

I also never really liked Hoefflin’s work. I thought his noses were all the same - some variation of what Janet Jackson got and his facelifts all exaggerated the Oggee curve. On the right patient, it looked phenomenal, like some of his early work on Elizabeth Taylor around her 60th birthday time-frame or Jaclyn Smith 10-15 years ago.
Offline Mike D  
#15 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 4:33:45 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Chris K Go to Quoted Post
his aesthetic had a very late 70s early 80s plastic surgery look to it.

it wasn't hideous but not natural.

his cheek aesthetic was a bit exaggerated and his noses were not natural.

his eye work was too aggressive. too much skin removed from uppers....but at one time a LARGE space between upper lash and eyebrow was considered glamourous. i think even his wife had lower retraction on her eyelid.

back in the day i think the retraction from lower lid work was the norm. and it was even considered attractive as it opens the eye in an odd way.

Yes I totally agree.