logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Annaport  
#31 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2019 7:33:51 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Sarah W Go to Quoted Post
Yes and there would be no going back. Does not bear thinking about

I have never had this issues with lasers.
Offline Annaport  
#32 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2019 7:35:42 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Chris K Go to Quoted Post
I always worry about lasers that tighten the delicate undereye skin can also contact and pull the lid down.

I have never had this issue with lasers nor have I seen it even with CO2. Not saying it can't happen but CO2 is SO aggressive I am terrified of it. Still, many doctors do it under the eye in conjunction with lower bleph surgery.

There is some skin tightening which is a desired impact of the laser treatment.
Offline Robin  
#33 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2019 8:46:44 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Annaport Go to Quoted Post
Hi

I had a lower bleph in 2011 with Dr. D. It has really done wonders but I am on the cusp of loose skin and some texture issues there. I looked at photos from last year to this year and one year REALLY made a difference. I add this because my stress level has been EXTRAORDINARY this past year and I will admit that some of my lifestyle choices have NOT been the best. I attribute that to the change.

So with that said I have the pamphlet in front of me:

Sciton Profractional laser: setting superficial resurfacing with Microlaserpeel 20 microns

He says I am on the very cusp of really getting a bleph. He is SUPER conservative and suggested three treatments of this. The cost is very little (100 dollars) and the downtime is about three days where you do not want to go in public and about a week for a clearer idea of results. I am almost at a week. I can see a difference but it is still going to be a few days before I will call it. I want to decide soon if I am going to do a lower lift or try this two more times. You have to do it with a month in between treatments.

thanks annaport. with something so mild, anything you see after a week is still swelling-related improvement. on their website it says it takes 4-6 months for the full collagen build effect.
Offline Annaport  
#34 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2019 9:13:40 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Robin Go to Quoted Post
thanks annaport. with something so mild, anything you see after a week is still swelling-related improvement. on their website it says it takes 4-6 months for the full collagen build effect.

I am sure it could take up to 4 to 6 months but I can see results already on the texture. I do not really have anymore swelling. Interestingly, yesterday seemed to be a big de-swell period. That said I am sure it could be another week before I could judge. The person who performed the tx and the MD said that they are generally able to get results quickly with this because 20 microns is not deep. The deeper treatments are the ones that take longer for results. Hope that helps.
Offline MissJ  
#35 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2019 5:40:39 PM(UTC)

Thanx. She also used to use horse liniment for aches and pains.

Originally Posted by: makingchoices Go to Quoted Post
Miss J, I really loved your story. I am of an age where some of these remedies I heard from my mother, grandmother etc... too. I was in my barn today and saw a container of Desitin ( used for a rash that happens on horses legs) and immediately thought of your story with a smile!

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline JB01  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 2:56:56 PM(UTC)

Sorry to reply so late.

Sophia - if you're tolerating the once nightly Retin-A use, then it's most likely fine. The study that you are referencing (3x a week vs nightly application), IIRC, was after one year of nightly use. It was meant to show that after a year of nightly use, one could potentially cut back to 3x weekly application and still maintain the results. The main benefit of that is if skin has trouble tolerating nightly application, but if you don't, then I would continue with nightly usage to reap more benefits.

Re: BB creams vs sunscreens, they are tested in the same manner (application of 2 mg per cm^2), so if the product has a listed SPF and PA or PPD rating, then it will provide the listed protection given you apply the right dose. The caveat is that with heavily pigmented products like BB creams or makeup, people do not or cannot apply the necessary amount to receive the listed protection without the product looking cakey or revealing that there is an imperfect color match between the product and skin. Also, because it's an application of product per area (length by width), if you apply half of the required dose, you don't get half the protection but the square root of the protection (so applying half the amount needed of an SPF 50 product will give you an SPF of 7-8 instead of 25). This is all to say that I'd still recommend you use a dedicated sunscreen if you're worried about photoaging.

Re: peptides, I've not seen any compelling evidence (scientific or anecdotal) of their benefit, so I wouldn't waste your money unless you really like the product that has them.

Mike D - I'm glad you like the Skin Aqua product! Just remember you need to shake the bottle before every use in order to disperse the zinc oxide particles evenly (you'll hear the metal ball inside move around). Re: the Garnier sunscreen, it looks like a standard European offering by a L'oreal company (which Garnier is). That is to say, it will have great protection across the UVA and UVB ranges given the mix of filters (avobenzone, titanium dioxide, octocrylene, mexoryl sx, tinosorb s, etc.), and has inactives to ensure the sunscreen forms a relatively even film over skin to ensure protection. I don't doubt that it's good for body use, but I'd be surprised if it's not whitening and a bit greasy on the face.
Offline Mike D  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 4:34:09 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the additional info, JB01. I’ve been using the new sunscreen for the last few days (certain to shake) and it has been performing really well. Thanks again for the recommendation!
Offline Sophia  
#38 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 3:42:24 AM(UTC)

Thanks so much JB01!!!

I will continue nightly RetinA then. Seems that a good sunscreen is in order. It is so difficult to find a good one which does not creep into the eyes and is not too shiny and obvious.