logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Annaport  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 9:15:52 AM(UTC)

HI All!

I have questions about this procedure:

https://www.marieclaire....-rf-treatment-face-lift/

For the past year and a half I have been being treated for Meibomian eye gland disorder by a local ophthalmologist. The treatment protocol is new and is being documented for FDA trials. It includes the use of an IPL laser that has been reformulated to open up the Meibomian glands along with the use of LED red and blue lights. I am part of this clinical trial and have had good success with the tx however, unfortunately my case is severe so I am required more than one tx of the IPL laser tx. I referred a friend and they were able to have complete unblocking of the Meibomian glands with one tx. If you research this tx you will find it is a legitimate and successful thing. Now the doctor wants me to consider using RF inthe form of Tempsure around my eyes. Does anyone have any thoughts about this type of tx? I am concerned about fat/sub Q tissue loss and anytime I see "instant face-lift" I run like hell. But like other txs, this tx MAY work for the problem at hand which is my dry eyes caused by my blocked Meimbomian glands. I have had a lot more of my glands open up and they are a lot less dry and feel way better since I started these txs just FYI. I had a pinguecula and it has totally gone away. Those things are hideous! On top of all of this I have ocular rosacea (and facial roseaca-so lucky with my genetic. I normally have perfect pale skin and this past month early December started with crazy styes due to the ocular rosacea and now I have it all over my face and it is very transient and hard to manage. I am using sulfur products that are prescription, azaleic acid, BBL treatments and Vbeam as well as LED light txs.)

What do you all think of RF? Is it safe for Sub Q?
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline MissJ  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 1:11:34 PM(UTC)

This in response to the LINK you chose to grace my site with and ONLY that link. I guess there was no academic link to be found about the relationship of your med issue to this device and perhaps that was the only source of 'information' you could come up with?

I would imagine, just like any new device being marketed, you would tend to find more patient feedback info about in the future when some bad reviews of it come out or perhaps that it's no different from the other modalities similar to it. But for now, I can't fathom the connection between what you have and the capacity of the writer of this article to know anything more than what she's told to write. Since my forté is alerting readers about the quality of information of PROMOTIONAL material and I disclose I know nothing about this eye disorder, I shall opine on the LINK you prioritized to provide:

For now, I would caution my readers to be circumspect about content coming from writers for GLAM RAGS. Unlike professional journals, glam rag writers/editors are not required to disclose any financial incentives/connections in EXCHANGE for 'puff pieces' they write to promote something or someone.

Her coverage is 'RUBEish'. That's a portmanteau for a rube writing rubbish. The writing style reminds me of lottery promotions of the type; 'Imagine what you would do with 10 million dollars.' where they get you to imagine something with an extremely low probability of happening so you invest in it and lose. The promotion, puffing and pimping of the doctor she's quoting is palpable. Gotta wonder if the derm (Akhavan) this writer, ( Chloe Metzger) is puffing and pimping is her uncle or someone giving her discount or free treatments (which don't have to be for that particular device) in exchange for glam rag exposure.

The thing to NOTE here is that she's actually used treatment photos of OTHER doctors to PROMO this derm. She hasn't used HIS photos.

Oh, and do I need to mention my impression is that she is SHILLING for Akhavan, the derm with the device. The only other explanation for this particular piece (of sh**) coverage is the derm she's giving LIP SERVICE to is that the derm has a publicity agent who writes the stuff FOR her.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Annaport  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 2:13:28 PM(UTC)

#1 I am not asking about Tempsure and its efficacy for Meimbomian gland disorder. I am asking about RF (tempsure) and fat loss and anecdotal or empirical evidence by those who utilize this type of treatment for OTHER reasons. I am sorry you did not like her writing but I was merely sharing information about TEMPSURE itself, certainly not promoting it. Just telling people what it is if they are not familiar.

Here is an academic journal article about IPL and meibomian gland disorder for your edification:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih...pmc/articles/PMC4298157/

I also have found this about the deleterious impact of RF on sub Q but I am MORE INTERESTED in people here giving their opinion or experiences. I am sorry that the focus became that link/article because that was not the intention. I work in academia and am very familiar with writing styles etc for what it is worth. I appreciate that you have such a strong opinion but again, my interest is in sub Q loss and personal experience or knowledge with RF not the this particular article. My doctor happens to be in a group of docs doing clinical FDA trials with lasers etc for other purposes such as the IPL for Meibomian gland disorder and what is now being proposed, RF via Tempsure. I hope that the trees are not obstructing the forest.

https://sciencebecomeshe...ss-after-radiofrequency/
Offline MissJ  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 3:20:46 PM(UTC)

I didn't mean to say YOU were promoting it . Just to say I found NO quality 'information' from the LINK you provided. I realize you didn't ask for a critique on a piss poor puff piece for the derm she's effectively promoting. But in deference to readers in the public venue who might be reading her stuff, something needed to be said.

As I said in my first post:

"I would imagine, just like any new device being marketed, you would tend to find more patient feedback info about in the future when some bad reviews of it come out or perhaps that it's no different from the other modalities similar to it"

So, with new devices, espcially RF which has been associated with fat loss (eg. 'Thermage' when it was marketed as a marvel device), it takes TIME for the the real info to counter the marketing of it.

That's great your doc is doing a study on this device as it relates to this particular disorder. Just wait until the study is over and the results/findings come in.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)