logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Quno  
#16 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 11:31:04 AM(UTC)

To exclude a site from Google search, you just place a - before the following string (w/out quotes): "site:url.com"

So to exclude Realself results, it's "-site:realself.com"

You would place your keyword before the string. For e.g. "rhinoplasty -site:realself.com"

Conversely, you can remove the - to limit your search to one site: "rhinoplasty site:missjfacialplasticsurgery.com"

You can also exclude all search results that include the word "Realself" by just typing "-realself" after your keywords.

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
Although my knowledge is limited as to how those things work, it makes sense how you explain it simply because more often than not, when I'm googling for info, it often calls up RS doctor 'answered' Q's. It's kind of frustrating because I FORGOT what the directions were for Googling something where you DON'T want a site that often to always comes up when you google it. That is to say, when I'm Googling for med info, I'm NOT looking for RS doctor responses.

Offline Quno  
#17 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 11:51:18 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Jane2222 Go to Quoted Post
I agree. A real shame. I know of one other person who was banned for silly reasons.

God only knows how many people have been banned, and how many good/bad reviews have been removed.

Nowadays, the latest Q&A type platforms promise to "reward" contributors with tokens based on the quality of their writing and their post's popularity among other community members. The site retains a percentage of the tokens, and the contributors are rewarded. I think this model, whilst not perfect, would be a far better alternative to RS. Either way, I hope someone comes up with a new and better idea to push Realself off its pedestal.
Offline MissJ  
#18 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 1:03:40 PM(UTC)

Thanx so much. That was helpful.

Originally Posted by: Quno Go to Quoted Post
To exclude a site from Google search, you just place a - before the following string (w/out quotes): "site:url.com"

So to exclude Realself results, it's "-site:realself.com"

You would place your keyword before the string. For e.g. "rhinoplasty -site:realself.com"

Conversely, you can remove the - to limit your search to one site: "rhinoplasty site:missjfacialplasticsurgery.com"

You can also exclude all search results that include the word "Realself" by just typing "-realself" after your keywords.

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline MissJ  
#19 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 1:18:28 PM(UTC)

They explain all their marketing techniques for doctors on the part for 'Providers' where they tell them they can 'manage their reputation' and also have such things a RS 'university' and other stuff where doctors can learn tricks of the trade from doctors who KNOW HOW TO WORK IT in terms of marketing. Probably would not hurt to take a look at the docs who are most expert in marketing and promotion and perhaps rule them out as possibilities?

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Quno  
#20 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 1:49:12 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
They explain all their marketing techniques for doctors on the part for 'Providers' where they tell them they can 'manage their reputation' and also have such things a RS 'university' and other stuff where doctors can learn tricks of the trade from doctors who KNOW HOW TO WORK IT in terms of marketing. Probably would not hurt to take a look at the docs who are most expert in marketing and promotion and perhaps rule them out as possibilities?

The Realself University features those doctors in video "tutorials": https://www.realself.com/university

Have also read that non-core doctors are designated in a subtly different way. So anyone with "Physician" on their profile can be ruled out as well:

"Real Self shows doctors like Valls and Hasan listed as “Miami Physician” instead of “Miami Plastic Surgeon,” as the site cannot verify their plastic surgery credentials. This slight change of language, however, is misleading to consumers who may not be aware of the disparity in wording."
https://www.newbeauty.co...ic-surgery-deaths-miami/
Offline MissJ  
#21 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 2:37:03 PM(UTC)

They USED TO say that non-core doctors could NOT be part of their venue. But now I see them advertised on there and (I think) able to answer questions. They did that ostensibly to assure readers that they didn't have to worry about doctors practicing outside their core. But I guess given the MANY MANY docs opening med SPAS, they must bring RS advertising revenue.

Originally Posted by: Quno Go to Quoted Post
The Realself University features those doctors in video "tutorials": https://www.realself.com/university

Have also read that non-core doctors are designated in a subtly different way. So anyone with "Physician" on their profile can be ruled out as well:

"Real Self shows doctors like Valls and Hasan listed as “Miami Physician” instead of “Miami Plastic Surgeon,” as the site cannot verify their plastic surgery credentials. This slight change of language, however, is misleading to consumers who may not be aware of the disparity in wording."
https://www.newbeauty.co...ic-surgery-deaths-miami/

Offline kosmeds  
#22 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2018 5:32:04 PM(UTC)

I got locked out, too. I gave a local guy a negative review and they deleted it. Then I asked why it was deleted. The next thing I knew, my password didn't work.

I don't think that they want anyone who knows anything to use their site.