logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kosmeds  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2018 5:30:27 PM(UTC)

I estimate she is about 60+/- based on her CV. She is a famous dermatologist. She might have had filler and lasers but she looks to have an aversion to filler under the eyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftPKYP5ZkG4

http://static.zoedraelos.com/res/DraelosCV.pdf
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Annaport  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 10:46:28 PM(UTC)

Omg that was one of my childhood dermatologists. My experience with her is that she was wacky and had bad bedside manner. Practiced in my hometown.
Offline kosmeds  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 11:02:44 PM(UTC)

Yeah, I've gathered. She makes her living primarily from being a corporate shill. They pay her to do studies showing that their products are effective and she does it. But aside from that, she has written some interesting papers.
Offline MissJ  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2019 11:24:01 AM(UTC)

She sounds extremely conversant in the field of skin care. Her CV is uber impressive with LOADS of contributions to the advancement of COSMECEUTICALS. Of course someone of her capacity will be sought out as a consultant for cosmetic companies. I'm really IMPRESSED. But I disclose I'm impressed by extremely knowledgeable and intelligent women who get by on their smarts and not their looks.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Annaport  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2019 8:17:26 AM(UTC)

She may be conversant and have lots of info but I know personally that many would not go back to her for care. Eventually she only saw people as part of clinical trials. She really is not a doctor with good bedside manner at all and is quite off-putting. IQ is one thing, but EQ is another and she lacks it. I would like to add that I see another female derm in my state who has an equally impressive CV and is a contributor to the field and her bedside manner is 100% different. She has a huge practice and contributes to research. I would say she has EQ and IQ.
Offline kosmeds  
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2019 11:42:20 AM(UTC)

I like to see intelligent, accomplished women, too. But I have an issue with this one when she takes money to say this product is effective when her clinical trial has the control group as nothing instead of the vehicle.

That's fraud imho.

With a lot of these trials you could use vaseline as control and get the same if not better improvement.
Offline MissJ  
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2019 6:33:56 PM(UTC)

KM,

Not sure I would think of it as 'taking money to say product is effective' because that is what a MODEL or CELEB would do in an advertising and marketing campaign. She's not getting paid to promote a product. She's being paid to do research on it.

AP,

I'm not in position to opine on her bedside manner. I'll take your word for that. I'd be more inclined to buy a cosmetic that she was consultant for though than I would, for example from a famous PS or Derm who just slapped his name on it because he/she was TV famous.

IDK, she seems to be the type of person I would get along with well. Don't know that for sure because I've never had personal experience with her. But I did get a good impression from her presentation. But that's just me.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Chris K  
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 11:46:09 AM(UTC)

Woman
She claims she’s an expert in skin and hair but looks like she needs expert guidance on the subject.

Offline MissJ  
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 6:28:11 PM(UTC)

Why....because she's not surgically enhanced to look a lot younger via secret face lifts, lasers, fillers etc. Would she have more 'credence' with some of you IF if she got a boat load of surgery and then attributed all to skin care products?

Offline kosmeds  
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 8:45:53 PM(UTC)

I think she looks great for an unaltered 60, which is why I started the topic.

People forget what 60 looks like on most people.

Where I live, mid 40s can be a disaster.

Take a look at these befores, at about the same latitude as where I live.

I am not a fan of this guy's work but I give him props for using 1-year post op photos and being forthright about all the adjunct procedures.

https://www.garciainstit...r-facelift-jacksonville/

I find it refreshing that she does not feel a need for surgery. I wish that I felt the same way.
Offline MissJ  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2019 6:40:45 PM(UTC)

Ya, she looks pretty good for post meno where all sorts of terrible things happen and I think her look in the video does basically show the LIMITS of skin care alone. The sun can really do a number on the skin and the area most forgotten to put the sunblock is what she says which is the neck.

Originally Posted by: kosmeds Go to Quoted Post
I think she looks great for an unaltered 60, which is why I started the topic.

People forget what 60 looks like on most people.

Where I live, mid 40s can be a disaster.

Take a look at these befores, at about the same latitude as where I live.

I am not a fan of this guy's work but I give him props for using 1-year post op photos and being forthright about all the adjunct procedures.

https://www.garciainstit...r-facelift-jacksonville/

I find it refreshing that she does not feel a need for surgery. I wish that I felt the same way.