logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline tazza  
#31 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2018 11:07:36 PM(UTC)

Yeah I agree. BSSO only does things in only one dimension.
Offline RR  
#32 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 9:39:11 AM(UTC)

Hi Ken,

Did you notice any change to your under eye area after the zso procedure? I have read some people complain of a negative impact on this area as a consequence of the procedure.

Thanks a million
Offline KenCarson  
#33 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 11:33:06 AM(UTC)

Man
United States
No I didn't. It's kinda lower than the undereye area, so it didn't affect it at all. It's most noticeable in 3/4 view, gives you a nice curve.
Offline MissJ  
#34 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 12:00:36 PM(UTC)

This could be because they are expecting it to advance out the orbital rims which it does NOT. With that expectation, someone with recessive orbital rims would perceive a 'negative' impact on that area via RELATIVE comparison that the zgyo area is now more pronounced. I don't have the link at hand as I write but I remember a paper by MM (Mommarts--sp?) where he yielded the IMPRESSION that his ZSO would help the orbital rim area. So, there were people going in for it with THAT impression. Turned out that the procedure just TENTED a little skin to make orbital rim look a little better. But that's not going to be enough for someone with a lot of ORI recession who gets the ZSO via expectation that it's going to do anything OTHER THAN improve the 'ogee curve' somewhat or widen the zyg-zyg distance. Although I mentioned MM here (as he wrote a paper on the zso procedure), it's not as if the other guy doing one eg. Dr. Z (or anyone else) will be pronouncing out a recessive orbital rim area with that procedure either.

That said, the only 'negative impact' I can think of to the eye area via the ZSO would be dissatisfaction that it didn't do much for that area at all in the population of patients who perhaps harbored expectations that the under eye area would improve with this or perhaps just noticed in the mirror that the zygo pronouncement made their prior unnoticed recessive orbital rims more obvious to them via RELATIVE COMPARISON.

Originally Posted by: RR Go to Quoted Post
Hi Ken,

Did you notice any change to your under eye area after the zso procedure? I have read some people complain of a negative impact on this area as a consequence of the procedure.

Thanks a million

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline tazza  
#35 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 11:29:00 PM(UTC)

I had the ZSO that MM did reversed partly for the reason above. Having flat orbits, it actually made my under eyes look worse.
I also have relatively low cheek bones so advancing the lower portion of them as his ZSO does, looked very strange indeed.
I think this procedure is very anatomy specific .... Also if you have very thin under eye skin like I do, I would strongly advise against it.
It works best when there is adequate fat over the bone to hide the augmentation.
Offline RR  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 12:32:10 PM(UTC)

Thank you Ken and Tazza.
MissJ, that is a very helpful explanation. Many thanks.
Offline MissJ  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 12:37:35 PM(UTC)

You're welcome.

Originally Posted by: RR Go to Quoted Post
Thank you Ken and Tazza.
MissJ, that is a very helpful explanation. Many thanks.

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)