logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MissJ  
#16 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 12:45:28 AM(UTC)

Again, which would work better for you:

1: A voluntary direct contribution
2: A yearly subscription fee.

After being a non private contributor member for 10 years (who's not an 'information provider' contributor as are a good handful of the very knowledgeable members here), what's been more VALUABLE to you, the information you got here about PS or the tons of STUFF you've purchased at Sephora?
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Larazelle  
#17 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 2:04:32 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
Again, which would work better for you:

1: A voluntary direct contribution
2: A yearly subscription fee.

After being a non private contributor member for 10 years (who's not an 'information provider' contributor as are a good handful of the very knowledgeable members here), what's been more VALUABLE to you, the information you got here about PS or the tons of STUFF you've purchased at Sephora?

MissJ -

Why are you harping on this? I told you I will be using your portal to buy stuff that I don't intend to return. Also Amazon does not carry the stuff I need and that is why I go to Sephora.

I think in my own way I HAVE CONTRIBUTED KNOWLEDGE to this site - though I may not be an "information provider" in providing the technical details that you may prefer.

Having said this - WHAT is your voluntary contribution and your yearly subscription fee?
Offline MissJ  
#18 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 3:04:43 PM(UTC)

Although I know it doesn't carry prescription stuff, it carries Sephora items or things that can be purchased there. Are you telling me there are no products you buy repeatedly (eg. 'Living Proof' stuff).

I realize it's probably better to try a NEW product at a store where it's easily returned. But my request (link found elsewhere on the board) has been to use the portal for products one would be BUYING ANYWAY as in things one is already familiar with to re-purchase.

I haven't transitioned to a yearly subscription fee at this point in time. It was something suggested to me by another member. The voluntary contribution for new entries to the board is usually $20. How long that lasts before it 'expires' depends on the type of USE of the board. It lasts LESS if the use is predominately search function use, PM use and read only (lurker) use as that type of use does not benefit the OPEN VENUE. It lasts MORE when use benefits the open venue.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Larazelle  
#19 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 8:30:48 PM(UTC)

Although I know it doesn't carry prescription stuff, it carries Sephora items or things that can be purchased there. Are you telling me there are no products you buy repeatedly (eg. 'Living Proof' stuff).

I realize it's probably better to try a NEW product at a store where it's easily returned. But my request (link found elsewhere on the board) has been to use the portal for products one would be BUYING ANYWAY as in things one is already familiar with to re-purchase.

I haven't transitioned to a yearly subscription fee at this point in time. It was something suggested to me by another member. The voluntary contribution for new entries to the board is usually $20. How long that lasts before it 'expires' depends on the type of USE of the board. It lasts LESS if the use is predominately search function use, PM use and read only (lurker) use as that type of use does not benefit the OPEN VENUE. It lasts MORE when use benefits the open venue.

MissJ -

There are some things that are on Amazon and Sephoras - but Sephora has a good return policy and used to have in the past an even better one - you could return stuff ANY TIME - however as with most really good deals people took undue advantage of it and so now their return policy is 2 months (to get credit on your original form of payment or one year for store credit) Amazon only has 30 days return and some things you can't return. However they don't give you a hard time about returns - so if I get something that breaks or I don't particularly like and it is within the month I return it.

Every Living Proof item I have purchased was through their website as there are often good sales there - like BOGO.

I generally buy most household stuff at Shaws - most of my purchases at Amazon are Kindle e-books. However as I said I am researching a good CD player as I don't want to have to return a big item to Amazon. As soon as I find the right one I will buy it through your Amazon Portal and you will be notified of that through Amazon (don't know how that works - but you do)
Offline MissJ  
#20 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 9:42:48 PM(UTC)

Lara,
Bottom line is that SALES via my Amazon portal help keep defray the costs of this board and here you are touting all the advantages of getting stuff elsewhere. FINE. Elsewhere might be just the right place for you.

Don't bother getting your CD via my portal and from now on, DO NOT post any questions on my board about products or looking for skin care advice. Get that elsewhere too.

ETA:

Some quotes from Larazelle's other posts where it very much looks to me she touts advantages of getting stuff elsewhere and also that she rarely returns things she gets from sephora where as she's telling me in this string she frequently returns things. So, indeed, it's going to be ELSEWHERE for her.

Originally Posted by: Larazelle Go to Quoted Post
------------------
It would totally go with your eye color- buy it from Sephora and you can return it in 2 months (for full credit) if you don't like it and 1 year for store credit. I have brown eyes but I wear Fresh Look contacts and so my eyes turn green and this color really works with them...

Originally Posted by: Larazelle Go to Quoted Post
----------------
I buy A LOT from Sephora and very rarely do I return anything - but I appreciate the option - especially if one is buying $20 eyeshoadow!! I am not a Millionaire - Yet!! - lol

Edited by user Monday, April 30, 2018 11:54:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Larazelle  
#21 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 10:02:58 PM(UTC)

Lara,
Bottom line is that SALES via my Amazon portal help keep defray the costs of this board and here you are touting all the advantages of getting stuff elsewhere. FINE. Elsewhere might be just the right place for you.

Don't bother getting your CD via my portal and from now on, DO NOT post any questions on my board about products or looking for skin care advice. Get that elsewhere too.

MissJ -

I don't have to "tout" these other websites - people are NOT living in a cave - they know about the pros and cons of Amazon versus other websites. Its not like I am "alerting" them to other websites - EVERYONE knows about other websites - also I would not have told people about this (which they already know - lol) if you had not kept asking me why I don't buy everything on Amazon.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 25, 2018 12:30:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline nightowl  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, May 1, 2018 3:45:45 PM(UTC)

So guys, from now on I have found just about all my future skincare (Paula's Choice) special shampoos and hair masques and make up on Amazon and I'm going to only buy through MissJ's portal because she's been such a help to me, as many of you have!

Miss J hope its ok to post this here but for those who love Christophe Robin hair care I found it right here:

https://www.amazon.com/H...p_4%3AChristophe%20Robin

and Paula's Choice skincare is all I can afford right now, its cruelty free and won't break me out:

https://www.amazon.com/s...c76749339cef95e5ec4d7db3

Also found a ton of other make up, skin care devices, vitamins and stuff, books etc so I'd rather support MissJ than some snotty retailer.

Missj, hope its ok, just move it if its in the wrong place. And Chris, I am not a brown noser!!!!! (j/k) Shame on you HAHA!
Offline MissJ  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, May 1, 2018 5:18:17 PM(UTC)

thanx so much for your entry. That was really sweet of you to make it because it does help me keep up this board when people buy stuff from the portal that they know they are going to use anyway.

Offline Sylvan  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, May 2, 2018 12:39:28 PM(UTC)

PC isn't exactly cheap, insofar as the basic products are concerned, unless you're comparing to pretty expensive brands, but I've been using it and I have been very happy with the results. The only product I've been considering getting a different brand for is Retin-a, because I don't find that the brand's retinol-based products have quite the same effectiveness.