logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline makingchoices  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 4:01:28 PM(UTC)

thanks everyone. Here are a few more details because it might be helpful. I've had full blood panels done. I'm on thyroid medication and my thyroid is good. I'm also on bioidentical hormones but my levels are still low. I've tried PRP injections in my scalp and didn't notice a big difference. I've also been on a lot of supplements. I even bought one of those helmets with light therapy. I used it for a long time but again I didn't notice any huge difference and I sort of stopped using it. I'm going to start again. Of interest is that I'm losing hair all over my body not just my head. My legs have very little hair. My arms also less hair, and my eyebrows are significantly sparser. My sister has the same issue but less so as she is younger. I don't know about my DHT levels but wondering if the finesteride might help.. I'd like to have my scalp levels tested for DHT

the idiot local derms I've been to a few years ago said it was 'stress' and that I should see the hair grow back - it has only gotten worse not better , despite stress lessening over that same time.

The only positive is that I started with a huge amount of hair so I'm not bald by any means - just significantly less hair and worried about the next 10 years
Offline maude  
#17 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 11:36:12 PM(UTC)

I had my DNA tested and discovered that I have male pattern baldness genes! I am a female and also have Hasimoto's. I eat very healthy foods and so my hair grows very quickly lengthwise, but is sparse along the sides and on top.
My son has been taking propecia tablets for 15 years, but alas, he has a dramatic receding hairline. So if you are searching for answers as to why this is happening to your hair, it may be worthwhile checking your genes.

I am trying to decide what to do regarding my thinning hair and would like suggestions regarding hair transplants in California.
Online ditterbo  
#18 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 12:45:33 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: maude Go to Quoted Post
I had my DNA tested and discovered that I have male pattern baldness genes! I am a female and also have Hasimoto's. I eat very healthy foods and so my hair grows very quickly lengthwise, but is sparse along the sides and on top.
My son has been taking propecia tablets for 15 years, but alas, he has a dramatic receding hairline. So if you are searching for answers as to why this is happening to your hair, it may be worthwhile checking your genes.

I am trying to decide what to do regarding my thinning hair and would like suggestions regarding hair transplants in California.

Easier said than done, from my experience re: genes. 23andMe says I don't have genetic predisposition for baldness, despite both my brothers balding, and my mom's dad most likely being bald as well. When I input the raw genetic data into prometheus, it pointed out several genes I have that dramatically increase the chance for male pattern baldness. However, I read a web article describing how only ~60% of the raw genetic data is accurate, in part because 23andMe only verifies the quality of the genetic information for the individual genes they test. That's far from comprehensive, but even prometheus' raw data output shows we are still lacking significant scientific data on an overwhelming majority of our genetic makeup.
Offline Mike D  
#19 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 9:56:10 AM(UTC)

I’ve had hair transplants and one doctor on my short list was Dr. Rahal, who is Toronto-based, but travels to LA often to perform procedures. I think he is worth looking into. I sometimes wish I had gone with him after seeing how he can make an illusion of density with fewer grafts than most surgeons. He has an established reputation and is very well-regarded in the HT community.

You may also want to check out the Hair Restoration Network. Their website is a bit scattered, but they do a good job of vetting their network of doctors. Here is their list of “recommended” CA docs: https://hairtransplantne...teAbr=CA&sr=HTN-Drop

The only one I recognize on that list is Dr. Mohebi ( http://parsamohebi.com ), who I’ve seen good reviews of. I’m not sure of the other docs. They could all be excellent, but you’ll want to do your due diligence in research.
Offline Greg  
#20 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 8:09:21 AM(UTC)

Man
United Kingdom

In Southern California, I suggest considering Paul McAndrews or Marc Dauer. Also, Dauer is the go-to guy for transplants to fill in thinning eyebrows.
Offline maude  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 1:56:45 AM(UTC)

Any Northern california suggestions for doctors ?