logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Annaport  
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 8:14:25 AM(UTC)

SO strange. I have been using Clear and Brilliant on my skin for years (since it became available) and my skin is flawless. I can't see how a non-ablative fractional laser can have that kind of result.

I definitely can see how thermage had that result and I was suspicious of the "science" behind it a long time ago. It was no surprise to me when they changed the purpose of the use of thermage.

But some fractional lasers have really had POSITIVE results on skin. Fixed my decollete and has really kept my skin looking great.

Edited by user Thursday, April 5, 2018 11:05:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline lucillenyc  
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 10:43:56 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Annaport Go to Quoted Post
SO strange. I have been using Clear and Brilliant on my skin for years (since it became available) and my skin is flawless. I can't see how a non-ablative fractional laser can have that kind of result.

I definitely can see how thermage had that result and I was suspicious of the "science" behind it a long time ago. It was no surprise to me when they changed to use of thermage.

But some fractional lasers have really had POSITIVE results on skin. Fixed my decollete and has really kept my skin looking great.

Great to know. I've been so afraid of lasers that I haven't even considered fractional lasers. Sounds like I need to rethink this.

Is there a particular (gentle) laser you recommend for under the eyes?
Offline Annaport  
#18 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 11:07:51 AM(UTC)

I would definitely recommend the Clear and Brilliant. Now the HALO seems to be all the rage.
Offline lucillenyc  
#19 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 12:40:08 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Annaport Go to Quoted Post
I would definitely recommend the Clear and Brilliant. Now the HALO seems to be all the rage.

Thanks!!
Offline IrishEyes  
#20 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 4:20:13 PM(UTC)

Do you recommend the clear and brilliant for cleavage? My face skin is great but if I pull my cleavage too much at the top there is older skin - is this what you used Annap? I'm in NYC next week and might schedule if so.

My eyebrow woman does Elle's and has been saying for 10+ years that her skin is in terrible condition (I know indiscreet, but I've been going to her 10 years now and this is the only thing she's every said.).
Offline frizzy  
#21 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 9:37:24 PM(UTC)

Woman
Originally Posted by: Lisa in Boston Go to Quoted Post
That is very interesting and encouraging about Fraxel on the body. I have heard such conflicting things about fraxel, but that fraxel treatment was on the face. Was the doctor who got treated attempting to repair leathery sun-tanned skin?

She looked like a typical Florida woman in her 40's but then she got divorced and jumped back into the dating pool with both feet . To answer your question though, yes...It helped the sun damaged skin on her body.
Offline Robin  
#22 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 7:18:02 AM(UTC)

I think Fraxel is confusing because there are different types of fraxel and they vary pretty dramatically in terms of downtime and potential for damage.

clear & brilliant and fraxel dual are similar - low "damage" non ablative lasers (can't remember the technology/type of laser) - no downtime, and you need a series. Potential for ancillary damage is very low because of how controlled and mild these are

Fraxel Repair is a fractional CO2 laser (different technology) . it can be done as a "light" application and the recovery is 2-3 days of redness & swelling, but the effect is equivalent to doing a series of the milder ones. It can also be done more heavily, and then the risks of additional damage edge up just like the original CO2.