logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MissJ  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 10:56:02 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Quno Go to Quoted Post
Very interesting read. The IRS will certainly be onto that lot. Mani and co. were most likely required to obtain a work permit or visa from the UAE consulate beforehand, so even without the PR, they would be "flagged", so to speak. Dubai is a renowned tax haven but renouncing one's US citizenship is the only way a non-billionaire US citizen could pull off a stunt like that. Obscuring international accounts is a professional job. No-one worth their salt tries to DIY something like that and I can imagine this knucklehead Mani made at least one direct payment into a US bank account.

This part also got me:
"Anyone who has any kind of media exposure here is considered an A-list celebrity, not just a reality TV asshole," says Jason Diamond, Dr. 90210's former facial expert. He also is the ringleader of a 90210 plastic-surgeon posse that is part of a lucrative partnership with the American British Surgical & Medical Centre, a facility that brings U.S. and U.K. doctors to the Middle East, located on Abu Bakr Al Siddique Road in Dubai's Deira district.

He's frank about the fact that he and his "posse" are low brow and seen as such. Once they've pumped the US market for business through low quality televised surgeries, they have little choice other than to start afresh in a foreign country, much like a tax dodger would. Ironic.

It was probably easier for them than any work permit reference. Just saw, he lists DUBAI as one of his office locations. He hired an accountant. But after consulting with a number of them that told him he had to file for his earnings and bank account in Dubai, he hired the one who would UNDER report and not insist he file the form for bank account abroad.

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline lamb  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 11:00:28 PM(UTC)

Anyone who says they are ‘surgeon to the stars’ is a write off for me.
Offline MissJ  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 11:37:05 PM(UTC)

BINGO! It's done to appeal to people who are interested in celebs as in a LOWER common denominator.

My advice is unless you are fabulously rich or are a celeb, DON'T go to PSs who tout 'Surgeon to the stars'. It roughly translates into 'Surgeon to the Stupids'

Originally Posted by: lamb Go to Quoted Post
Anyone who says they are ‘surgeon to the stars’ is a write off for me.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline lamb  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 11:49:25 PM(UTC)

Yes those who aren’t informed about how it all works.

‘Surgeon to the stars’ is so cheesy and so 80s to me. ‘Tonight on entertainment tonight: ‘surgeon to the stars...’

Usually translates into a few d list celebs. Journalists don’t know anything about the medical world and I learned not to take their recommedations seriously the hard way.
Offline MissJ  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2018 1:01:07 AM(UTC)

Yup. Let me put it this way. If a PS he's getting pitched in PEOPLE mag , the demographic isn't exactly an 'exclusive' one The demographic is just people wanting to read about the rich and famous. Same with the demographic that watches ET Like he's not getting pitched in 'Town and Country' or in venues with the demographic that has a high percentage of types he broadcasts he has a lot of.

Originally Posted by: lamb Go to Quoted Post
Yes those who aren’t informed about how it all works.

‘Surgeon to the stars’ is so cheesy and so 80s to me. ‘Tonight on entertainment tonight: ‘surgeon to the stars...’

Usually translates into a few d list celebs. Journalists don’t know anything about the medical world and I learned not to take their recommedations seriously the hard way.

Offline Hoss  
#21 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2018 5:48:54 PM(UTC)

So now Calvert is searching for business in Dubai too.

http://www.aestheticaclinic.com

These docs who go over there are obviously up for a quick buck but personally it puts me off. If you are a good surgeon with a busy practice, why would you need to touting for trade in the Middle East. It makes me doubt their US practice is as successful as they would like us to believe.
Offline Quno  
#22 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2018 8:42:21 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Hoss Go to Quoted Post

These docs who go over there are obviously up for a quick buck but personally it puts me off. If you are a good surgeon with a busy practice, why would you need to touting for trade in the Middle East. It makes me doubt their US practice is as successful as they would like us to believe.

The only exception I'd make would be, for e.g., when a doctor is a "visiting/honorary professor" at a university hospital and performs surgeries there for part of the year.

I see that Russo from London is on there too. I also doubt too. It's a cheap money grab for wealthy Middle Eastern clientele and makes them feel special.
Offline lamb  
#23 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2018 9:22:29 PM(UTC)

I agree. On an unrelated note, don't know anything about him, but Russo is hot. dang.
Offline MissJ  
#24 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2018 9:32:16 PM(UTC)

'Now'?? I think he's been going there for a while.

Originally Posted by: Hoss Go to Quoted Post