logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline makingchoices  
#46 Posted : Saturday, February 24, 2018 12:07:08 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Nim Go to Quoted Post
Retin A can be great for some people, maybe the vast majority. But, for some it can wreck havoc on their skin. I know someone whose pores turned into square like things and there were lines connecting them......seems the mantle of the skin was taken off,....and she did it very slowly,.....There ARE some horror stories out there from Retin A usage, so be careful.

Nim, are you sure you and Chris K are not in cahoots?
Offline Sophia  
#47 Posted : Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:39:49 AM(UTC)

I use that exact cream as well (since 10 years). I get it from India directly as my husband travels frequently to India.
The price in India is 2 US$.
There is even a .01 % cream which I tried but didn´t like too much. Too harsh. I also get my Glyco- A from India and some other stuff.

Originally Posted by: makingchoices Go to Quoted Post
So I got my delivery of Tretinoin cream. Johnson & Johnson, Mumbai India . - I ordered 3 tubes - 20 G each. And unfortunately the expiration date is November 18th on all of them! I can't imagine I'm going to use this stuff up by then. It's .05%. Would anybody in be interested in a tube?

Offline makingchoices  
#48 Posted : Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:44:06 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Sophia Go to Quoted Post
I use that exact cream as well (since 10 years). I get it from India directly as my husband travels frequently to India.
The price in India is 2 US$.
There is even a .01 % cream which I tried but didn´t like too much. Too harsh. I also get my Glyco- A from India and some other stuff.

good to hear you've been using it for 10 years - you must like it? But if the .01% is too harsh , then wouldn't the .05% be harsher still? Do you mean .1%?
Offline Meeka  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, February 27, 2018 8:56:40 AM(UTC)

I'm in the UK and once bought tretinoin 0.1% from a seller on ebay who was based in India. Ebay then stopped him trading but he e-mailed me direct to say he could still supply direct if paid through paypal. His service is OK and he charged me $20 recently for tretinoin cream 0.05% with expiry of date of November 2018, price includes postage. I can supply the contact e-mail address is anyone is interested and Miss J approves. I guess he could get other strengths etc if requested.
Offline Winny  
#50 Posted : Wednesday, February 28, 2018 8:50:10 PM(UTC)

I use differin 0.3 and it really helped with my melasma people tell me my skin is lovely.
Offline Sophia  
#51 Posted : Saturday, March 3, 2018 3:24:42 AM(UTC)

Ooops, yes, You are right. I tried the 0.1% . I wouldn´t mind using it but it makes my face peel a bit which is difficult as I am a teacher. Maybe I could use it during my holidays or so.
But it is so inexpensive that I can use the 0.05% every night and on my hands too. I would say that the effects are only visible after a long time. I read that it is best in combination with Glyco-A in the morning.

Originally Posted by: makingchoices Go to Quoted Post
good to hear you've been using it for 10 years - you must like it? But if the .01% is too harsh , then wouldn't the .05% be harsher still? Do you mean .1%?