logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline cybergirl  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 5:13:56 PM(UTC)

I workout almost every day and my arms are tight, cut and youthful looking...until I turn around.
The skin on my elbows are wrinkly and I can actually pull the elbow skin without it bouncing back.
I moisturize and scrub it with a loofah but it doesn't help. I know it will never look tight but is there a solution to minimize the wrinkly look?
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Robin  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 5:20:22 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: cybergirl Go to Quoted Post
I workout almost every day and my arms are tight, cut and youthful looking...until I turn around.
The skin on my elbows are wrinkly and I can actually pull the elbow skin without it bouncing back.
I moisturize and scrub it with a loofah but it doesn't help. I know it will never look tight but is there a solution to minimize the wrinkly look?

sculptra is being used for the same issue with knees, and i think for elbows.

google sculptra knees and sculptra elbows

last time i looked it was more west coast oriented but it may have made its way to NY,..
Offline Chris K  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 5:29:04 PM(UTC)

Woman
its just one of those areas. i recommend using amlactin lotion on those areas.

it won't add volume but will keep the skin looking hydrated, which helps.
Offline cybergirl  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 5:36:47 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the quick replies. Robin, I will look into the sculptra, although my elbows aren't really an area I wish to spend big bucks.
Chris, I actually bought amlactin after you recommended it a while back. It is very good but I couldn't get over the medicinal smell. I am going to try it again. Thanks.
Offline maybellineo  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 5:09:17 PM(UTC)

Hey Cybergirl. You can have an elbow lift if you find a Dr. who does it. The area doesn't seem to leave a pretty scar. I was thinking they can leave one crease to hide the scar but if it widens, which they tend to do, you would still see it.

I saw a review on Real self from a woman who got elbow lifts in a foreign country. Their is also a Dr. in NYC that does them in her office under local. She is a cosmetic Surgeon named Dr. Michelle Zweifler.
Offline garner  
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 18, 2018 9:34:39 PM(UTC)

Man
The elbows reveal age like rings on fallen tree.

I’m going to book a consult with Zweifler.

thank you Maybellineo!

Offline eden  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 8:02:17 AM(UTC)

Woman

OMG mine are awful!!! I would love to do something for this problem too, but maybe filler may be better I am thinking about future weight lifting? I dont know if doing this surgery would have an effect on that, if lets say the area develops scar tissue or keeps opening? The skin is so thin there.....
Offline maybellineo  
#8 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 2:23:13 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: garner Go to Quoted Post
The elbows reveal age like rings on fallen tree.

I’m going to book a consult with Zweifler.

thank you Maybellineo!

You are welcome garner. Dr. Zweifler has a youtube video doing an elbow lift in her office under local. She doesn't really show too much but she tailor tacks it first, then does the incision. You can see the before and after, even though there is a bandage, you can see tons of the rings are gone in the after. Because the incision is near a major joint you have to really be careful while it is healing.

maybellineo
Offline Larazelle  
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 24, 2018 2:32:05 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: maybellineo Go to Quoted Post
You are welcome garner. Dr. Zweifler has a youtube video doing an elbow lift in her office under local. She doesn't really show too much but she tailor tacks it first, then does the incision. You can see the before and after, even though there is a bandage, you can see tons of the rings are gone in the after. Because the incision is near a major joint you have to really be careful while it is healing.

maybellineo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP7eqBaPIPg

So far my elbows aren't that bad - and my arms are not my best feature so I keep them covered up - I was thinking actually of someday doing Thermage or something like that on my arms - that would hopefully "shrink" my arms and my elbows too!!

Offline Hydroxyboy  
#10 Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2018 4:46:00 AM(UTC)

Why not try some RF treatments like Tripolar or Venus. It does seem to thighten and you wouldn’t have to worry about fat loss like in the face.