logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline makingchoices  
#31 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 3:51:54 PM(UTC)

I called the mexican pharmacy - which potency should I order for my initial foray into retin a ? Maybe its worth getting 2 tubes of graduated potencies to work my way up? They have .025, .050 and .1 %
Offline Robin  
#32 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 5:24:47 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: makingchoices Go to Quoted Post
I called the mexican pharmacy - which potency should I order for my initial foray into retin a ? Maybe its worth getting 2 tubes of graduated potencies to work my way up? They have .025, .050 and .1 %

always start with lowest dosage. one tube takes a long time so it's not worth getting a second one until you have been on it for a while and see how you tolerate the lightest doseage.

P.S. If you've never used retin-A before, i would not start by ordering generic from another country. I would start with a derm.
Offline Larazelle  
#33 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 11:59:04 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: makingchoices Go to Quoted Post

Robin is right about starting with the lowest dose - but it also depends on your skin type - like I have kind of thick olive skin and I started with .05 and at first I had the "peelies" but after using moisturizer with it I am doing fine.

Offline MissJ  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 6:06:21 PM(UTC)

What ever happened to 'All Day Chemist' for the retin A (generic) products? The TexMex place does seem to have the real stuff though. More $$ than ADC generic. Thing is I get the warning sign when I go to the TexMex place too.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.