logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Beholder  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2018 6:47:03 AM(UTC)

Curious about what people think about this. Is it really endorsed by the ASPS? So hard to find the truth some times.

I don't know how to frame the article because I cut and pasted it but it starts below:

ASPS Helps Consumers Avoid Bogus Online Reviews with 'Real Patient Ratings'
Partnership Enhances Physician Practices, Patient Satisfaction Based on Patient Feedback
Monday, April 08, 2013

ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill. - As more consumers turn toward online ratings and reviews to help make informed decisions about cosmetic surgery, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) has teamed up with RealPatientRatingsTM, a patient experience service and consumer website dedicated to providing authentic reviews and ratings by real patients. RealPatientRatings will provide patient satisfaction surveys to help ASPS Member Surgeons take better care of their patients, while generating online ratings and reviews to help consumers find highly qualified plastic surgeons.

"The Internet is essential to helping plastic surgeons make a good first impression on potential patients, but unfortunately, it's very difficult to find credible online reviews," said ASPS President Gregory Evans, MD. "RealPatientRatings will provide ASPS Member Surgeons with meaningful online feedback to influence practice changes that enhance patient satisfaction. We're excited to add them to our elite group of endorsed businesses that help our members better serve patients."

Through an anonymous and voluntary survey, RealPatientRatings collects feedback from plastic surgery patients after every consultation and surgical procedure, delivering critical information about patient experiences back to the doctor. Plastic surgeons can then use benchmarks within their practice, region and across the nation to find new opportunities to improve patient satisfaction and grow their practices. ASPS Member Surgeons who choose to participate will be able to manage their practice, reputation, repeat patients and referrals more easily with the service.

Only patients who've had a consultation or a procedure from a participating surgeon can go online and write a review through RealPatientRatings. Participating surgeons cannot selectively choose which patients will be surveyed and cannot censor comments. This means the results reflect the actual experiences of all participating patients.

A typical plastic surgeon may see up to 1,000 patients each year, yet few have collected more than a small handful of credible online reviews. This is largely due to the fact that most review sites do not verify the authors of the reviews. Additionally, most current online patient feedback paints an inaccurate picture based on factors that have little to do with actual medical outcomes.

RealPatientRatings has created simple tools that allow them to publish patient comments on each doctor's website. Consumers can also find ratings and reviews on RealPatientRatings.com.

On RealPatientRatings.com, "prospective patients can read reviews and see ratings from others who have already visited the surgeon they are considering," said RealPatientRatings founder Marie Olesen.

ASPS endorsed businesses offer preferred pricing and special plans designed specifically for ASPS Member Surgeons. Each business is required to meet a "gold standard" of quality and cost-effectiveness. ASPS endorses only one company per business service.

About ASPS

The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is the world's largest organization of board-certified plastic surgeons. Representing more than 7,000 Member Surgeons, the Society is recognized as a leading authority and information source on aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. ASPS comprises more than 94 percent of all board-certified plastic surgeons in the United States. Founded in 1931, the Society represents physicians certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery or The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. ASPS advances quality care to plastic surgery patients by encouraging high standards of training, ethics, physician practice and research in plastic surgery.

Contact ASPS

Adam Ross
(773) 332-4719
aross@plasticsurgery.org

RELATED
Fresh Start Caring For Kids Presents the 2nd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic and Party
Most 'Emergency' Transfers for Plastic Surgery Evaluation Are Unnecessary
First-of-Its-Kind Procedure Combines Scalp, Skull, Kidney and Pancreas Transplant
Joint ASPS and ASAPS Advisory to Members on FDA's Update regarding Breast Implant-Associated ALCL
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline MissJ  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2018 1:21:12 PM(UTC)

The PS, Gregory Evans, MD who is quoted in article and president of ASPS has one review on RS and it's a bad one. Same patient reviewer gave the PS who corrected the work a great review. RS member has 2 reviews. Bad one for Evans and good one for doc who did her well for same issue. She also has same/similar YELP review for same 2 tummy tuck PSs.

https://www.realself.com/user/1793554
https://www.yelp.com/biz/evans-gregory-md-orange Suma R

He has a smattering of mixed reviews elsewhere. But I would say the one reviewer he had does look legit.

Now, if one goes to; https://www.realpatientratings.com/ and then select COSMETIC surgery which is the site he is suggesting patients refer to and not other review sites, I DOUBT many patients would put much credence in the site he's suggesting is more legit than the others. First thing to notice is that of all the 10 pages of multiple doctors doing 'cosmetic surgery', below their photos and names is 5 STARS. So from first inspection of going through the venue he suggests, we see that just about ALL the doctors listed, ALL have 5 stars below thier names.

So, from my inspection, the review site he's suggesting is one where just about all the doctors listed all have approx 5 star reviews. Furthermore, the docs doing 'cosmetic' surgery are not even all vetted PSs (members of ASPS or ASAPS).

IMO, I have nothing against people visiting that review site as part of search on various places to go for reviews. But since their 'cosmetic' doc roster is just TOO FULL of mostly all 5 star reviews and also highly populated with non boarded PS's, I most certainly would not advocate in favor of the search to be LIMITED to that particular review site.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline MissJ  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 7:45:49 PM(UTC)

Curious about why you don't acknowledge when others (myself for example) take the time to respond to your post.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline Beholder  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:24:35 PM(UTC)

Miss J I remember now that I did thank you. I hit "quick reply" and I guess it didn't go thorough. Then I just tried again sending another quick reply and it didn't work!
Offline Beholder  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:25:38 PM(UTC)

I didn't mean "quick reply" I meant "post reply" I sent two posts hitting "post reply" and neither one went through
Offline MissJ  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:44:44 PM(UTC)

First one hits 'quick reply' and THEN one hits 'post'.

Offline Beholder  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 11:26:02 PM(UTC)

Got it! Thank you. I probably just hit "enter" instead
Offline MissJ  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 11:44:33 PM(UTC)

OK. thanx.