logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zoey  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 8:52:38 PM(UTC)

Finally I found the best sunscreen from Japan that I can wear. I have never been able to tolorate any sunscreens from the US. I have very oily skin. Finally I started using Biore Sarasara UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA, and it is unbelievable. It's like putting on water. I cannot believe it!! However, I was just reading that some of the ingredients are not FDA approved. Would that stop anyone here from using it??
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline MissJ  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 8:55:44 PM(UTC)

If this post has been helpful, consider clicking on the link below and buying something from my f**king Amazon portal.

http://www.amazon.com/?t...surgery.com%2Fmissjforum

Offline Zoey  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 9:00:37 PM(UTC)

Amazing stuff!!!

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post

Online Mike D  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 11:43:19 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the post, Zoey. Always looking for a new sunscreen, especially for my body when I go boating. We had a member named Cosmeds who used to post and was our resident expert on cosmetic ingredients. It would be interesting to get her (or his?) opinion on the ingredients. I'm not sure about some of the chemicals. I'll text my derm and see what she says -- she seems to welcome questions like this.

Like you, for years I tried to find a good sunscreen. My problem is that they all either made me pasty white or they didn't work at all. Or both. Then an aesthetician at my Botox Dr. recommended a brand that they carried called Clear Choice Sport SPF 45. It has 12% micronized Zinc Dioxide. Surprisingly, it works incredibly well for me and not even a hint of pastiness on my face. The only problem would be for someone with oily skin, like yours, as it is also very moisturizing. Here's the Amazon link for those who may be interested in buying through Miss J:
https://www.amazon.com/g...;qid=1501431808&sr=1
Offline Zoey  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 2:44:27 PM(UTC)

Thank you Mike, I look forward to her answer. But for me, I hope it's the end of having to wear hats and visors because I could not wear any sunscreen. I can't even use moisturizers.
Online Mike D  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 3:11:21 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Zoey Go to Quoted Post
Thank you Mike, I look forward to her answer. But for me, I hope it's the end of having to wear hats and visors because I could not wear any sunscreen. I can't even use moisturizers.

I will text her tomorrow when she is back in work mode.
Online Mike D  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 11:15:48 AM(UTC)

Zoey - her only worries are the chemicals in the sunscreen, but most sunscreens contain chemicals so nothing new to worry about here. She recommends a physical barrier like zinc oxide or titanium dioxide or a combo of both. Not really surprised as that's what I would expect for an answer.

My advice is that if this works for you, even though it has some chemicals, it's better than not wearing sunscreen. I would just wash it off as soon as you can when the sun is no longer a factor for the day.
Offline Zoey  
#8 Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 1:09:03 PM(UTC)

Thank you Mike. Sounds like a plan!

Originally Posted by: Mike D Go to Quoted Post
Zoey - her only worries are the chemicals in the sunscreen, but most sunscreens contain chemicals so nothing new to worry about here. She recommends a physical barrier like zinc oxide or titanium dioxide or a combo of both. Not really surprised as that's what I would expect for an answer.

My advice is that if this works for you, even though it has some chemicals, it's better than not wearing sunscreen. I would just wash it off as soon as you can when the sun is no longer a factor for the day.