logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Robin  
#31 Posted : Sunday, July 23, 2017 8:42:41 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Beholder Go to Quoted Post
Tamra's lift. look at the photo of her flipping her hair back with her hand. See how odd her ear appears? That is what kills the deal for me. Her tragus has been distorted and looks odd. I would like to be able to flip my hair back and not look odd. I'd rather have a thin white scar in front of my ears instead of that alien ear look that she has. Otherwise, her neck and lower face look great.

if she is only two weeks postop as she claims, this is why her ears look so weird.

she is swollen all over. i think it was dumb of her to have a public outing like that at only two weeks
Offline cybergirl  
#32 Posted : Monday, July 24, 2017 3:48:26 PM(UTC)

Thank you to the people who answered my question regarding the extended lower lid incision. Makes perfect sense.

MissJ, why wouldn't the lift you want be a temporal brow lift or lateral brow lift? Before my bleph, I asked Dr.Rosenberg in NY about a procedure to lift the skin near my temple to raise the redundant skin on my upper lids, and he told me that particular procedure does not last. Not sure how true that is.
Offline MissJ  
#33 Posted : Monday, July 24, 2017 5:24:01 PM(UTC)

I've already had 2 brow 'LIFTS' and don't want to lift my brows. That is to say, I'm not looking to put a vertical upward vector to my brow area. Instead I want a PULL to the SIDES to help re-orient the slack skin beside the lateral eye region. I don't know if they have a NAME for the type of displacement I'm looking for. All I know is that if I pull BACKWARDS (not upwards) on the temple area between my brows and very upper lateral cheek area, the EYES look better and horizontally 'longer'.

Originally Posted by: cybergirl Go to Quoted Post
Thank you to the people who answered my question regarding the extended lower lid incision. Makes perfect sense.

MissJ, why wouldn't the lift you want be a temporal brow lift or lateral brow lift? Before my bleph, I asked Dr.Rosenberg in NY about a procedure to lift the skin near my temple to raise the redundant skin on my upper lids, and he told me that particular procedure does not last. Not sure how true that is.

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.
Offline MissJ  
#34 Posted : Monday, July 24, 2017 5:58:43 PM(UTC)

What if one just wanted the direct pull on the eyes and not part of a face lift?

Originally Posted by: Greg Go to Quoted Post
I'm not aware of it having a separate name; rather, it would be a minor customization of a high-SMAS facelift....the customization being that (A) the incision carries on up just a little higher alongside the temple, and (B) that the incision is right at the front of the temple hairline rather than being placed further back into the hair. "B" is important because it's what enables the direct and gentle vector pull to the slack skin lateral to the eyes, while at the same time avoiding any shifting backward of the temple hairline. It's probably not done or talked about much because the idea of an incision right there in front likely makes patients and docs nervous, but if the incision is beveled correctly the hair grows back right through it.

Offline Hoss  
#35 Posted : Monday, July 24, 2017 6:44:26 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
What if one just wanted the direct pull on the eyes and not part of a face lift?

Is that not just a temporal brow lift?
Offline MissJ  
#36 Posted : Monday, July 24, 2017 7:09:49 PM(UTC)

I don't know and it's probably one of the few things I don't know, lol. I don't want to use the word; 'temple lift' for a POSTERIOR PULL BACKWARDS vector to the lateral arc of the orbicularis muscle.

Originally Posted by: Hoss Go to Quoted Post
Is that not just a temporal brow lift?

Offline lamb  
#37 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2017 10:28:10 PM(UTC)

MissJ, did you ever find out?
Offline MissJ  
#38 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2017 11:35:12 PM(UTC)

Few docs said it could be done.

Originally Posted by: lamb Go to Quoted Post
MissJ, did you ever find out?

Offline lamb  
#39 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2017 10:45:00 AM(UTC)

Oh sorry I meant did you ever find out if it has a name?
Offline Larazelle  
#40 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2017 2:22:21 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
I don't know and it's probably one of the few things I don't know, lol. I don't want to use the word; 'temple lift' for a POSTERIOR PULL BACKWARDS vector to the lateral arc of the orbicularis muscle.

Miss J -

I think a "sub-periostal lift" (which D.Y did on me) does that to a certain extent - and that effect is quite obvious for a couple or more years after surgery. Do you remember always asking me about "what I had done to get that 'look'"/ - and I would never answer - lol - till I told you about it a few years later. I don't think I have that slanted look as much as I used to a few years ago.
Offline MissJ  
#41 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2017 3:32:03 PM(UTC)

Yes. I remember.

Originally Posted by: Larazelle Go to Quoted Post
------------
Miss J -

I think a "sub-periostal lift" (which D.Y did on me) does that to a certain extent - and that effect is quite obvious for a couple or more years after surgery. Do you remember always asking me about "what I had done to get that 'look'"/ - and I would never answer - lol - till I told you about it a few years later. I don't think I have that slanted look as much as I used to a few years ago.

Offline lamb  
#42 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2017 5:39:01 PM(UTC)

Doesn't sub periostial just refer to the plane?