logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Annaport  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 8:36:59 AM(UTC)

First of all, I am so sorry for your loss Winny. I know you have been struggling with your appearance for quite some time. I would hold off doing anything surgical during a period of so much grief. That is unrelated to the posted question but I recommend that course of action.

As for the outfit, I would not wear that. Of course what you wear is a personal choice but I prefer to go for more timeless, classic looks.

For me that would be a pair of white capris with some sort of form fitting top and some flats. No gladiators just simple flats. The outfit should not be aging but neither should it say "I am not okay with my age" which is what that outfit says to me. It seems more appropriate for a woman under the age of 28.

Here is the thing, if it is your first date you want YOU to be the focus of attention, not the outfit. If you wear something that draws too much attention to a "look" then that becomes the focus of the attention. You yourself said something to the effect of "they will realize that is not who I am shortly after they meet me". Why not be the woman you ARE when you do first meet?

Lastly, go easy on yourself. I went through a bitter separation and now divorce three years ago. My heart was broken. What I know now that I lacked perspective on then was that at four months I was not ready to date. Sure we all have to get back on the bike but I was just NOT ready. I am only now ready heading into year number 3. I am okay with ME being alone with me.

Good luck Winny.

Edited by user Thursday, July 20, 2017 7:18:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Winny  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 11:18:19 AM(UTC)

What about flaunting it while I still got it ? I attached a photo of what I normally wear . No pasty legs I'm getting an air brush tan .
Winny attached the following image(s):
IMG_8315.JPG (140kb) downloaded 39 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Offline Page  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 12:48:06 PM(UTC)

Well, I think you can pull it off! Maybe get rid of the gladiators like Chris suggested and definantly a spray tan. A subtle spray tan gives a pretty glow if done correctly. You are in great shape and appear to have beautiful, slender arms, that would look great in the bare shoulder look. You have gone so through so much Winny...just relax and let your heart guide you for a bit.
Offline Robin  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 12:48:30 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Winny Go to Quoted Post
What about flaunting it while I still got it ? I attached a photo of what I normally wear . No pasty legs I'm getting an air brush tan .

Wiinnie you've gotten a lot of similar feedback on this thread...

the photo you just posted shows a balance, which is what we are all talking about.

Showcasing your beauty is what your clothes should be about. Not looking desperate to "flaunt it".

Offline Anya77  
#20 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 2:15:39 AM(UTC)

Winny,

I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss; be gentle and patient with yourself. When you do things like date at a time when you might possibly not be ready; you can attract the wrong kind of person in your life. Just be careful 😊
Offline IrishEyes  
#21 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 3:30:35 AM(UTC)

I too think you can pull it over with flats (not the gold gladiators as noted). You've got great legs.

Sorry for your loss and take care of yourself.