logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mike D  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 5:36:46 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
Thanx Mike and Greg.

It's posters like that where I've gotta say to myself; 'Why Bother?'

I understand, and would feel the same way. But would like to point out also that in this case, although the patient in question didn't seem to appreciate it, many of the rest of us did. I find that looking at morphs like this one really add to my knowledge base, particularly in an area that I don't know much about (maxfac). Like it makes me more able to analyze a picture and see more of the subtleties of change and how these changes can make a big impact. So, while it may seem that your efforts have gone unappreciated, I think they are actually appreciated by many more of us than you might realize. It's akin to an art appreciation class to me - teaching me what I SHOULD be noticing when analyzing a picture.
Offline MissJ  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 5:58:20 PM(UTC)

Thanx Mike. Glad to hear MY members benefit from this.

Originally Posted by: Mike D Go to Quoted Post
I understand, and would feel the same way. But would like to point out also that in this case, although the patient in question didn't seem to appreciate it, many of the rest of us did. I find that looking at morphs like this one really add to my knowledge base, particularly in an area that I don't know much about (maxfac). Like it makes me more able to analyze a picture and see more of the subtleties of change and how these changes can make a big impact. So, while it may seem that your efforts have gone unappreciated, I think they are actually appreciated by many more of us than you might realize. It's akin to an art appreciation class to me - teaching me what I SHOULD be noticing when analyzing a picture.

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.
Offline ditterbo  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 9:46:44 PM(UTC)

Yep, I know I got something out of this.
Offline Greg  
#19 Posted : Thursday, June 15, 2017 5:03:22 AM(UTC)

Man
United Kingdom

I was thinking the same thing -- even if the individual in question doesn't show appreciation for the good guidance they've received, the rest of us learn from it also and appreciate it so much MissJ!
Offline MissJ  
#20 Posted : Thursday, June 15, 2017 11:20:06 AM(UTC)

ditterbo, Greg,
Thanx. I agree that Mike D made great point that the info was still helpful to others. Come to think of it, a motivation for me IS to provide info that would be generally useful to more people than just the poster I'm addressing. In fact if the info would need to be too in depth or too specific as to cater to ONLY ONE unique individual, usually, I refrain from addressing those on MMH. Ironically, the more specific and targeted the info is to ONE unique individual, the LESS it is GENERALLY useful to open readership.

I guess part of the problem is that helping someone on MMH, especially if a morph is needed to show 'what I'm talking about' is much more burdensome than helping them on here. Reason for that is that even though I'm the MOD there and help MMH immensely by removing all the SPAM they get on a daily basis, the 'system' will not let me upload a photo file. It always says 'Quota exceeded' for me. So, working around that GLITCH is extra effort on my part.

For the most part, I limit my entries on there to max-fax issues, either to tell someone they actually have a max fax issue when they don't realize it or conversely to tell someone they can get away without it. But still, 9/10 first time posters there whom i've given a 'clue' goes unrecognized by them and any time I put into MMH competes with time needed to address all the SPAM they get on frequent basis. So, unlikely I will be motivated to do similar for next poster on there.

However, to still be helpful to people on MY board, I guess, I could pull photos found in the Google photo search and use them to demonstrate concepts.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.
Offline Hoss  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, June 21, 2017 3:11:27 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
At this point, it does not matter what he could 'get away with' or what else he could do to his face to look better.

This is just one more of the MANY examples of someone posting on MMH where I go out of my way to help them which I did when I saw others were telling him it was 'only' the chin that was the problem. He saw my post there linking to here, came here and just took the info without even thanking me which he had time to do on MMH.

It looks like he has responded to say thank you now on MMH, although I don’t think he wants ‘major’ surgery like maxfac. From reading his posts, I suspect English may not be his first language which may explain any communication issue.