logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Winny  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 6:28:40 PM(UTC)

Last couple of months have been very stressful. Between moving and having a kid with non verbal asd I am literally a ball of nerves . My hair is shedding like crazy I am taking vitamins I don't have the time to commit to prp and I know rogaine works because it's been proven . I'm just nervous it will make me look old . I'm 35 btw
Sponsor
If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Online macaroon lover  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2017 1:35:05 AM(UTC)

I have never heard of Rogaine causing facial aging. Where did you get that from?
Offline Mike D  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2017 4:57:04 PM(UTC)

I've hear of it before but don't know if there is any significant proof of it other than anecdotal evidence. I always wondered if the following was the case instead -- those reporting it started using Rogaine at a time when they were really starting to age anyways and would have aged regardless of Rogaine usage. Usually around the time you start to lose hair (when most start using the stuff) is coinciding with the time you start to age at an accelerated rate anyways.
Offline Hoss  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2017 6:24:30 PM(UTC)

I've been using it for the last couple of years (having been on finasteride for 10 years). I don't think I look any older since starting.

If you are really concerned about facial ageing, have you considered using PRP for hair loss? I am thinking about having that soon. My hair is in good shape right now but I figure you can never have too much :)
Offline Nim  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2017 7:15:30 PM(UTC)

If you feel your hair shedding is because of the stress you have been having, I would think you have to address the stress first. IF the reason for the shedding is stress, do something about the stress, and the shedding should stop. I have heard that once you start on Rogane, you have to stay on it......as soon as you stop applying it, your hair sheds again,......so you may want to look into that.......
Skygirl5 from MMH
Offline lamb  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2017 7:48:58 PM(UTC)

When I took msm, I noticed I barely shed.
Offline Meeka  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2017 4:51:33 AM(UTC)

I think you could also make sure you are eating enough to sustain your hair growth , I remember you were very slender and I'm guessing the stress may have reduced your appetite . Stress makes stress hormones which speed up metabolism .
Offline Winny  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2017 6:26:02 PM(UTC)

I did put on a little weight . My diet is better I make time to eat no longer let my kids run me around all day with no stop .
My stress is chronic because I have s special needs kid.