logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Nichole87  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2016 1:52:09 AM(UTC)

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone knew of a good laser for large pores and acne scarring. I'm 29 years old and my pores have always been large but have gotten worse with age despite daily sunscreen use and sun avoidance. Topical don't seem to help very much. I've had a dermapen treatment done and have tried microneedling at home without any results. I'm afraid of laser damage but I'm willing to take the risk because my skin is so awful looking. I try to put makeup on and it looks awful because of all the imperfections.

Any information is appreciated.

Thank you!
Sponsor
If reading this stuff has been of any help to you, consider buying something from my f**king AMAZON PORTAL
Offline Geijutsu  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2016 1:56:04 AM(UTC)

Man
Have you tried microdermabrasion? It could really smooth out the texture and possibly even help you with the makeup issue by creating a smoother foundation for the make up to settle on.
UserPostedImage

Offline Robin  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2016 12:01:14 PM(UTC)

you really have to treat the skin as an ongoing "project" to rehabilitate and improve... and you need a partner with you, a good dermatologist, that knows complimentary modalities.

Acne scarring may need to be spot-treated (examples - TCA cross, needling, subcision or combo) depending on depth and severity

for overall skin tone and large pores, you should be on a regimen of a Rx retinoid (along with sun avoidance, as well as an antioxidant serum). These are not short term fixes, although you will see some improvement quickly, you see the real benefits when used consistently over months or years... . Then you can layer addl treatments over time which may include full face peels, pore crosses, IPL or other lasers that work in a series. Then there are the "big guns" - like CO2. A mild version of that is fraxel re:pair, which is a fractionated CO2 laser. these all have incremental benefits and cumulatively will improve skin significantly. There is no magic bullet unfortunately.
Offline Larazelle  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2016 1:01:22 PM(UTC)

I agree with Robin - taking care of your skin is a "journey" - sometimes enjoyable - I have had great success with "primers" - these work as "spackling" on the skin filling in pores and other imperfections and really do make a difference. I love Cliniques PORE MINIMIZER - and also Benefits THE PORE PROFESSIONAL - also Smash Boxes's 24 hr Photofinish - all these give the "illusion" of smoother skin - I think Fraxel helps if you want to go for the big guns - and then Retin A as an ongoing modality.

I had dermabrasion and also ONE round of Fraxel and along with the above Primers I can fool most people - if not myself - haha - that I have "good" skin.

BTW these primers are a bit pricy - so you can also try something from your local drugstore like CVS - its MONISTAT - it was created as a "chafinng relief power-gel" - but its "off-label" use is as a primer -

Offline Mpjanic15  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2016 12:03:08 PM(UTC)

just use retin a daily-a very small amount. your skin will be uglier then ever in the first 45 days. it will become perfect though.