logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Robin  
#46 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 9:08:42 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: simk420 Go to Quoted Post
True. But, pores are the Least of my worries. lol

from the pic you posted, you could benefit from having clearer/less clogged up pores.

I have recently gone back on Atralin (a Rx retinoid) and I was shocked at how much better my skin looked from getting the gunk out of my pores. SA is a milder way to do that but won't give you the additional benefits of a retinoid.

I think your nose looks better from the vbeam. the thing is, you have to do it every six weeks until you are happy... and then maintain every 4 to 6 months. it's like weeding a garden. the stuff that gave you the redness and visible blood vessels continues to make redness and visible blood vessels. It's not a permanent elimination because your body just "manufactures" more. If you don't do it, you will just accumulate more over time.

That said, some redness can be moderated through lifestyle choices... Redness can also be a sign of rosacea and/or sensitive skin. so if you haven't already, discuss with a derm how to treat inflammatory-prone skin.
Offline simk420  
#47 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 9:33:24 PM(UTC)

Man
Canada
Originally Posted by: pauluk Go to Quoted Post
The only active ingredient here is salicylic acid (2%). There is no alcohol. You don't need to have acne but if you have blackheads, or just oily skin, it is great. Much cheaper than branded products with same active ingredient and available from miss j's amazon shop.

http://www.amazon.com/St...1-1&keywords=stridex

This only ships to the US my friend

Edited by user Friday, May 15, 2015 7:15:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline simk420  
#48 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 9:40:50 PM(UTC)

Man
Canada
Originally Posted by: Robin Go to Quoted Post
from the pic you posted, you could benefit from having clearer/less clogged up pores.

I have recently gone back on Atralin (a Rx retinoid) and I was shocked at how much better my skin looked from getting the gunk out of my pores. SA is a milder way to do that but won't give you the additional benefits of a retinoid.

I think your nose looks better from the vbeam. the thing is, you have to do it every six weeks until you are happy... and then maintain every 4 to 6 months. it's like weeding a garden. the stuff that gave you the redness and visible blood vessels continues to make redness and visible blood vessels. It's not a permanent elimination because your body just "manufactures" more. If you don't do it, you will just accumulate more over time.

That said, some redness can be moderated through lifestyle choices... Redness can also be a sign of rosacea and/or sensitive skin. so if you haven't already, discuss with a derm how to treat inflammatory-prone skin.

Thanks. And I was a bit too in a hurry when I posted those recent pics judging frm the reactions of my visible pores. lol embarrassing. To save myself a little bit, I will say that normally i squeeze the pores out every so often so it doesnt always look like tht lol. Either way, I normally do what u do and use a retinoid however, since I am doing laser treatments, the derm recommended to stop using any of those things on my nose in between treatments so as not to disrupt the healing process. But, once I am done the treatment, I will cont w the retinoid cream which i find clears the pores.
Offline Sarah W  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 9:52:13 PM(UTC)

Woman
Nivea (I think it is Nivea) has little strips that you stick on the skin and it pulls out the blackheads etc and is supposed to minimise the pores.

Yes, I just googled it. It is 'Nivea Refining Clear Up Strips'. I have never used them but have read good reviews. Much safer than squeezing.

Edit: NO don't use them. I have just found a site that says they can cause broken caps. Eeek, that is NOT what you want. So not a good idea after all!
Offline Robin  
#50 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 6:13:17 AM(UTC)

Thanks. And I was a bit too in a hurry when I posted those recent pics judging frm the reactions of my visible pores. lol embarrassing. To save myself a little bit, I will say that normally i squeeze the pores out every so often so it doesnt always look like tht lol. Either way, I normally do what u do and use a retinoid however, since I am doing laser treatments, the derm recommended to stop using any of those things on my nose in between treatments so as not to disrupt the healing process. But, once I am done the treatment, I will cont w the retinoid cream which i find clears the pores.

squeezing pores causes more redness and broken caps. you want to avoid that by helping the pores clean themselves... which is what Salicylic Acid is for.

you don't have to come off retinoids for vbeam - never have heard that before and I've been doing both for many years. they are complimentary modalities.

Offline Hydroxyboy  
#51 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 4:16:01 PM(UTC)

I have terrible blackheads on my nose. Even after extractions during facials they are all back in just a few days. I use salicylic acid daily, retinoids, aha peel, only oil free products, non comedogenic, etc and nothing can keep them away. If anybody has a cure plus tell me!!!!
Offline Geijutsu  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 4:45:20 PM(UTC)

Man
Originally Posted by: Hydroxyboy Go to Quoted Post
I have terrible blackheads on my nose. Even after extractions during facials they are all back in just a few days. I use salicylic acid daily, retinoids, aha peel, only oil free products, non comedogenic, etc and nothing can keep them away. If anybody has a cure plus tell me!!!!

Oil Cleansing Method. I promise you'll see a difference.

Do this:
http://missjfacialplasti...Foxskier.aspx#post182621
UserPostedImage

Offline simk420  
#53 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 5:28:46 PM(UTC)

Man
Canada
Geijutsu - i will buy tht product

Edited by user Friday, May 15, 2015 7:14:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline MissJ  
#54 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 8:54:28 PM(UTC)

What to do for blackheads is to BEFORE washing your face put CLAY on it which will suck out 'stuff' like oils and blackheads. Then wash your face. Here is a list of various bentonite clay products from my AMAZON section:

BENTONITE CLAY
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline simk420  
#55 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 6:40:24 PM(UTC)

Man
Canada
Geijutsu - i will buy tht product

I bought tht product and used it for a couple days. I followed the specifications and it made me break out since I already have oily/combination skin. I gave it to my mom since she's old and has dry skin. lol. But yea, didnt work for me

Originally Posted by: MissJ Go to Quoted Post
What to do for blackheads is to BEFORE washing your face put CLAY on it which will suck out 'stuff' like oils and blackheads. Then wash your face. Here is a list of various bentonite clay products from my AMAZON section:

BENTONITE CLAY

Is there a preferable type of bentonite clay because i am seeing "calcium bentonite" and "sodium bentonite" and then there is one that just is "bentonite clay" and i am unsure if it is just a labelling issue that it's called bentonite clay and they didnt specify if it is sodium or calcium, or if there is just a singular bentonite clay. either i am unsure which of them to choose.
Offline MissJ  
#56 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 7:01:12 PM(UTC)

I dont think it matters. Just get someting called 'bentonite'

I bought tht product and used it for a couple days. I followed the specifications and it made me break out since I already have oily/combination skin. I gave it to my mom since she's old and has dry skin. lol. But yea, didnt work for me

Is there a preferable type of bentonite clay because i am seeing "calcium bentonite" and "sodium bentonite" and then there is one that just is "bentonite clay" and i am unsure if it is just a labelling issue that it's called bentonite clay and they didnt specify if it is sodium or calcium, or if there is just a singular bentonite clay. either i am unsure which of them to choose.

Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

If reading these posts has been helpful to you, consider helping out the board by purchasing via my AMAZON PORTAL seen at the top of each page.

Sales DIRECTLY from here help defray costs of this board. (Works for US residents only.)
Offline dao  
#57 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 7:12:48 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Hydroxyboy Go to Quoted Post

Pores always excrete oil and dead cells, so whatever you do to rid them, will have to be done every 3 days. You can just pluck the "dirt" out of your pores yourself with a good quality tweeser and magnifying mirror every few days. I've tried it and it works.
Offline simk420  
#58 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2015 10:41:10 PM(UTC)

Man
Canada
Had a follow-up appt today. The derm said that no further laser treatment is necessary on my nose as that is the clearest it would get for me and that he could take my money and do another treatment but, that wouldn't be doing me any favors since the results would be the same and possibly worsen. (He is very straight forward which is what I like about him sometimes). So, I listened to him and will no longer do any further treatments with it.