logo

Please visit Miss J's Store or support Miss J's Forum by shopping here: Amazon.com

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Balmain  
#31 Posted : Thursday, March 06, 2014 5:08:28 AM(UTC)

Finally found a sunscreen I can stick with, it's an Anthelios that's new to the UK, "La Roche Posay Anthelios Light Fluid SPF50+".

http://www.boots.com/en/...word%7D&cagpspn=pla

As the name suggests, it's really light and practically non whitening!! Dancing A completely different animal to the other Anthelios products but with the same superior UVA protection.

Online Geijutsu  
#32 Posted : Thursday, March 06, 2014 7:23:13 AM(UTC)

Man
Thanks balmain! I'll definitely look into it.
UserPostedImage

Offline Bugjune  
#33 Posted : Thursday, March 06, 2014 11:58:20 AM(UTC)

Woman
WoOoOOoOO! I finally found a fabulous, tinted sunblock (originally recommended to me by a friend) at:

Amazon.com: http://tinyurl.com/mf8udzz

(see if that URL works for ya, it should take you to the MissJAmazon.com link)

You can order this AmazonPrime (free shipping) if you subscribe to the Prime service.

What I LOVE about it? It goes on beauuuuuutifully creamy and smooth. No shine, very natural tint to it. I don't even mix it up with add'l sunblock. It's SPF 41 - good enough for the outdoors (if you also bring your hat along!).

Check it out!
I bug you.

UserPostedImage
Offline Balmain  
#34 Posted : Thursday, March 06, 2014 2:10:14 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Geijutsu Go to Quoted Post
Thanks balmain! I'll definitely look into it.

You're welcome, but I'm pretty sure they won't sell this exact product in the US.
Even if it's the same name the formulation will be different, because I don't believe Anthelios contains "mexoryl" in the US.

It makes my skin look kind of luminous but may not be great for oily skin.

Bugjune, do you think that Elta MD one would be acceptable for a man? I've been thinking of using a tinted sunscreen to give my skin more colour but obviously don't want it to look like foundation.
Online Geijutsu  
#35 Posted : Thursday, March 06, 2014 2:30:51 PM(UTC)

Man
Originally Posted by: Balmain Go to Quoted Post
You're welcome, but I'm pretty sure they won't sell this exact product in the US.
Even if it's the same name the formulation will be different, because I don't believe Anthelios contains "mexoryl" in the US.

It makes my skin look kind of luminous but may not be great for oily skin.

Bugjune, do you think that Elta MD one would be acceptable for a man? I've been thinking of using a tinted sunscreen to give my skin more colour but obviously don't want it to look like foundation.

That's OK, I don't live in the US either but I have a mail-forwarding service that allows me to order stuff from the US/UK and then forward it back to where I live.
UserPostedImage

Online Geijutsu  
#36 Posted : Thursday, March 06, 2014 2:35:12 PM(UTC)

Man
BTW, I can't seem to find an ingredient list of it Think
UserPostedImage

Offline Bugjune  
#37 Posted : Thursday, March 06, 2014 7:58:35 PM(UTC)

Woman
^^^ Here ya go m'dear: http://eltamd.com/produc...lbroad-spectrum-spf-41/

(hit the gray tab "Ingredients")

And yes, Balmain, I DO think you could use this tinted sunblock on your face. Perhaps a caveat would be: you should have fair skin! I have quite fair skin, and find that the tint just blends in so naturally - no creasing, shine, or anything like that.
I bug you.

UserPostedImage
Offline MaryJane  
#38 Posted : Friday, March 07, 2014 8:19:46 AM(UTC)

BugJune....Do you put your moisturizer on first? Does your face look shiny/greasy with this sunscreen?
Thank you!
Offline Fender  
#39 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2014 7:02:24 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MaryJane Go to Quoted Post
BugJune....Do you put your moisturizer on first? Does your face look shiny/greasy with this sunscreen?
Thank you!

Moisturiser should go on first, however since most sunscreens are going to be somewhat moisturising I'm not sure it's entirely necessary.

The absolute best sunscreen I've found is Fallene's Total Block SPF65. Dries completely clear, insanely high protection (used by people with sun-related conditions), and gives the best of both physical and chemical blockers. Second to that would probably be the La Roche one linked above. Though funnily enough I still found Total Block to be more cosmetically elegant.