logo

Please visit Miss J's Store or support Miss J's Forum by shopping here: Amazon.com

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline violeta  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 6:39:41 PM(UTC)

I was watching her on a recent interview, and didn't realize she was 70. I seriously thought she was somewhere in her 50s. I never realized her age. There are recent pics where aging/wrinkles on her face is more evident, but as a whole, I think she has aged well. I don't know if she's had plastic surgery, but she doesn't look 'done'. She sure doesn't have all the sun damage and jowling that Bridget Bardot had early 70s. I am sure that if Carol had used sun protection during her younger years, she may look even better now. But good UVA protection was not available until the past 10 yrs or more in Europe, but not when she was in her 20s or 30s.
Her hair looks great, even if grey. Maybe since it's curly it looks so thick and youthful?
Maybe some people can find more close up pics, but she looks great for 70 to me, if she had no work done.

violeta attached the following image(s):
ckingR.jpg
caroking.jpg
Sponsor
Please HELP support Miss J's Forum by purchasing things from my shop at Amazon.com This is the best PS message board site on the web because it's not over commercialized. However, there are still BILLs to pay, comcast bill just for me to get on here, tech support and other things associated with the site. Sales are not covering those bills. So, please try to help defray my costs by buying something from my store that you would be buying elsewhere anyway.
Offline NancyS  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 12:12:33 AM(UTC)

I think her youthfulness is partly genetic. She seems to have thicker skin that doesn't sag.
UserPostedImage
Offline Meeka  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 12:29:47 AM(UTC)

Lovely thick hair for a woman her age. She looks very natural and healthy. Lovely clear and youthful eyes.
Offline blahnose  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 4:14:10 AM(UTC)

I wonder if thick hair like that can be achieved by taking supplements like Chlorella. I myself hate my thick hair and can't wait till it thins out as I age.
garner: I will not watch another movie of his until he gets a deep cervicoplasty.
Offline Noelle  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 5:53:44 AM(UTC)

blahnose wrote:
I wonder if thick hair like that can be achieved by taking supplements like Chlorella. I myself hate my thick hair and can't wait till it thins out as I age.

Omg, omg: what is your age?? Can't believe anyone would ever want to see his/her hair thin out. Give me some of that hair please.
Offline HateMeI'mALawyer  
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 5:56:07 AM(UTC)

Man
I really like Carol King, and I have since I was a kid. I've been listening to that Tapestry CD for a long ass time, and it never gets old. It looks like Carol herself is cut from the same cloth. She looks spectacular. If I were going to be hypercritical, I'd say that her dental work could be a bit better; there's something aging about what she has right now. But overall, she's lovely.
Offline CassVersion2.0  
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 6:20:59 AM(UTC)

She has a vibrant youthful look.
Offline blahnose  
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 7:20:16 AM(UTC)

Noelle wrote:

Omg, omg: what is your age?? Can't believe anyone would ever want to see his/her hair thin out. Give me some of that hair please.

twenty four. I will HAPPILY give you half my hair, im sick to death of how thick it is. When I visit the salon I specifically ask my stylist to thin it out until there's one strand of hair left.
garner: I will not watch another movie of his until he gets a deep cervicoplasty.
Offline Bibi Dahl  
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 7:39:36 AM(UTC)

I saw her interview on Morning Joe a few months back, and not only did she look terrific, her voice, posture and mannerisms are young, too. She could totally pass for late 50's. Incredible for 70!
Offline RockingRobin  
#10 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 9:02:09 AM(UTC)

Woman
She looks lovely - and happy. Happiness is one of the best secrets there is!
Offline Bugjune  
#11 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 9:47:49 AM(UTC)

Woman
Ow. She looks S P E C T A C U L A R!!!!

Glowing skin, lush, sparkly hair, great smile, beautiful face! She sure does look about 55 in these shots.

I bought her Tapestry album when I was in 6th grade - needless to say, that was decades ago. Played it so many times I wore holes in the grooves. Back then a local diner had those table-top juke boxes. I'd put a quarter in and play her tunes over and over and over till my best friend would rip her hair out, yelling: "NO MORE!"

Then, about 2 weeks ago, hubs found a re-mastered Tapestry CD online that he "surprised" me with one day! ALL those great songs! LOVE IT!

OK everybody: sing along!

So far away
Doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore
It would be so fine to see your face at my door
Doesn't help to know you're just time away
I bug you.

UserPostedImage
Offline NancyS  
#12 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 1:11:01 PM(UTC)

I thought I was in the 7th grade when that album came out. All I remember was that song and "Only Love can Break Your Heart" by Neil Young playing over and over at my 7th grade dance.
UserPostedImage
Offline morgan  
#13 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 2:29:19 PM(UTC)

Woman
Wow, I love her hair. She looks great.
Offline stache  
#14 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 5:16:06 PM(UTC)

Man
Offline kk25  
#15 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 5:50:20 PM(UTC)

stache wrote:

Hi Stache, so nice to see you here.